If you could travel back in time and experience or relive one Britney Spears moment what would it be?

Prime

The idea of this thread came to me while doing a reread of Britney: Inside the Dream and reading about the build up to Britney's first show back which was the start of the Circus' tour in New Orleans, Louisiana.

This is an excerpt about it from the book:

Britney’s mind races at the best of times, and her self-doubt is no stranger. Even though she’d trod this concert road hundreds of times before, not even she could have been immune to the immense pressure. Her last ‘comeback’, her last ‘live’ attempt, was the VMAs of 2007. She had so much to put right—and an army of critics to prove wrong. In a packed stadium, the anticipation was at fever-pitch as 16,000 fans chanted her return: ‘BRITNEY!…BRITNEY!…BRITNEY!’ As the ringmaster appeared from her dressing room, she was ‘in the zone’. She linked hands with her dancers and prayed for God to bless the show and make it great. Outside in the arena, a three-ringed stage was the centrepiece of a show split into four acts: Circus, House of Fun, Freak-show/Peepshow and Electro Circi, in a spectacle that many critiques would describe as ‘very Cirque du Soleil’ or ‘Vegas revue’.

The audio-visual circus-themed extravaganza began with a high-energy dash of clowns, acrobats, jugglers and illusionists—all following the support act of the *****cat Dolls—before Britney made her grand entrance in a ringmaster’s uniform. As before, she lip-synched, of course, but few in the arena would care. They were there to witness Britney’s revival, to see whether she could hold it together…and cheer her on. On the night in New Orleans, she could not have been more amped or ready; her old excitement was back. Whatever trials and tribulations she’d faced during this first tour in five years, there was no outward sign of any distress. Britney gave her all, turning in a performance that few would have credited when they viewed the broken woman being loaded into the back of an ambulance.

Here is some video:

With all the circumstances that led up to this moment, I couldn't help but thinking how amazing it would have been to be in attendance on this night. It was not just a redeeming moment for her, but it also had to have been a special moment as a long time fan of hers to get the chance to see her return to her former glory, and recapture that feeling as a fan she gave you pre-breakdown, at-least for one night. 

It got me thinking if there were any Britney moments that you guys would like to relive or that you wish you could go back in time and get the chance to experience? It can be for personal reasons, nostalgic reasons, or just something as huge fan of hers you always wished you could have been there to witness.  

Maybe that moment represented a good time in your life or maybe some of you were even lucky enough to be in attendance during this night in New Orleans :)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that it would have been an amazing night to witness. There are many to choose from what with all the great VMA performances. That’s what makes it difficult. So I will try to list some where I would have loved to be present for.

1. Dream Within A Dream Tour - Las Vegas

2. VMA 2001

3. VMA 2000

4. VMA 2003

5. Circus Tour Opening Night - New Orleans

If i could back to those moments, i would like to presence the dream withim a dream tour or circus tour

the fact is when the dream tour was running i just too young, and the onyx hotel also!!

but the circus tour would be a dream 

one of these:

the singapore showcase where she debuted

the mall tour from before her album came out

the dwad tour in general; whatever she sang the most live at, like her ballads she wrote after the breakup

either the 2000 or 2001 VMAs, OR the 2016 VMAs if i can sit right near the stage lmfao

Archived