30 years ago. One woman, one iconic tour. He name is Madonna.

Spicechinodiva

April 13, 1990 in Tokyo, Japan. Madonna launched a little tour dubbed Blonde Ambition.  The tour and the concert itself changed the idea of the concert. 

From being just standing behind a mic.

This tour and future pop tours became more about Broadway theatrics, sets and each part of the tour having it's own theme and setlist.

Tour is very iconic and has a legacy.

The legacy is the cone bra. 

Jean paul Gualtier described it as Being masculine and feminine, **** and powerful. Fierce but vulnerable.

The pony tail is iconic, but in Europe she had to remove it as it was damaging her real hair.

Imfamously. Madonna was threatened arrest by the Toronto police for lewd and obscene behavior. Stimulating *** on the bed..

Also infamously one of the venues in Rome was approximately on the same street and half of a mile from the Vatican. The entire Rome leg was canceled due to The wrath of the catholic church which Madonna  called out in an infamous speech. Saying the show is about love and all types of love. As love isn't one dimensional as religion makes it out to be. 

Spawned the hugely successful documentary truth or dare (or in bed with Madonna internationally to those who aren't familiar with the game..

Madonna's comments are iconic.

Addressing how In Hollywood just because you're a celebrity. Every celebrity automatically thinks you're their friend. 

She infamously shaded Kevin Costner for calling the show neat. 

When her father asked Her how racy the show was. She replied simply 

Dad I'm not racy, I've always been racy. 

When asked to tone it down. She told him. That would be going against my artistic integrity so no. 

Also showed how she was in love with her mother, How protective she was of Donna de Lory from her **** addicted brother.

He is homeless and blames it on her fame. 

I will add the whole entire Nice concert to show how it set the bar for what is the idea of the concert today.

FYI her 2012 Tour for MDNA was dubbed her modern day blond ambition tour in terns of controversy and overall themes and the ground breaking screens which was the biggest at the time.

The full HBO concert soecial. Also groundbreaking at the time.

blond-ambition.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iconic tour. It didn't "change the idea of the concert from being just standing behind a mic" though - people had been doing that for a while. Look at MJ and even the Jackson 5. Even Madonna's previous tours. 

But anyway, you can really tell that the Blond Ambition Tour inspired Britney. The BOMT Tour had a staircase down the middle and she rocked that long blond ponytail extension. Then TOMH from OH Tour was inspired by Like A Virgin from Blond Ambition.

Archived