Britney was set to win "Best Female Video" and "Video of The Year" at the VMAS 2004?

Stifler's Mom

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea honestly doesnt make sense... if it was a peoples choice thing britney wouldve won bc her music videos on trl were alwaysss #1. She would get the most viewer votes with people voting online. So itd only make sense if she won at the vmas too if the people were voting. 

some bullshiiiiit

I think the VMAs (and maybe other "cable" award shows I general) have less to do with awards for quality and more to do with PR, exchanges, and promo. 

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Britney break her knee that sunmer? Could she have performed, anyway? Even so, I think maybe there were talks about her appearance, but she was probably just done. Remember, it was about 2 months before she got married to Kevin and the tour was had been cancelled months before. . There was nothing to promote. The album was close to year old, the tour had been cancelled. She wasn't "working" at the time. Honestly, there wasn't a reason for her to be there, except as an "honor" (similar to 02). 

On a side note, does anyone remember the rumor that Britney and Kevin would be married on the VMA stage?? I vaguely remember reading that somewhere and actually anticipating it while I was watching the show

5 hours ago, holditagainstbritney said:

Wasn’t she supposed to perform that year too?

There was rumours she was going to perform a medley of Boom Boom/Outrageous but this never happened when she injured her knee.

There's also that poster but some have said it's fake.

26 minutes ago, Strongest said:

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Britney break her knee that sunmer?

She did. Outrageous accident happened sometime in June. VMA season is always August or September.

And I didn't touch on this earlier because I didn't expect replies about attendance to be this plenty. No. Not every award show is like that and certainly not peak VMAs. Peak VMAs isn't like that. While it's true that it is political but it was certainly not just about attendance. Not back then. They have awarded artists in the past who didn't attend and they send a thank-you video. The attendance thing only became a big thing with award shows last decade (2010s) because there is a decline in annual ratings. Also, the VMAs only became fan voted in 2006. So there is politics before (and still is now) but isn't just about who attends gets an award.

11 hours ago, joe sp said:

just this

Resultado de imagen para britney vma 2004

omg I literally forgot about this. ok so she broke her knee and cancelled the vmas. vmas was likely pitty and cancelled her awards all together. cool :miley:

and yes piece of me winning video of the year was too much tbh. i think it was to compensate her after these incidents. 

Archived