First Album You Bought?

Aizmov

Wait guys, give me the mic I wanna rant :divaney:

With the rise of all these streaming services we are losing something special, running to the music store to buy a brand-new just-came-outta-the-box plastic-wrapped album. The feeling you get when you just can't wait to go home or get in the car to play that product you bought with your hard earned piggy bank money (or I am just that old of a hag) :demi:

Mind you, I like the advantage of having all my music in one place, yet I look back at my CD collection and see an amazing timeline of history that extends from childhood up to the life we lead now.

So, let's go back into a ride to the memory lane.

What was the first album you ever bought? 

for me it was no other than Britney's "...Baby One More Time", and it was the international alternative cover too. I remember my friend at school showing me "(You Drive Me) Crazy" through recorded VHS at his home and I was like "YES, THIS IS THE ONE"

the lengths the teenage me had to go through to get his very first album was uncanny  :crying1:

first-cd.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought ...Baby One More Time on cassette when it came out. It's my first ever album.

Unless you count the AladdinPocahontas, and Mulan soundtracks that I owned as a kid. Do they count?

What I consider as my first album though - CD - because that's my main format, was Oops!...I Did It Again. Well, actually its Oops! and I Wanna Be With You by Mandy Moore. I got them both for Christmas 2000. And that started my obsession for CDs. I bought Baby in CD the following year, then The Writing's On The Wall by Destiny's Child. Then I got Rainbow by Mariah Carey (i know, i was late to the party) and then Christina Aguilera and then ForeverJ.LoCelebritySurvivorBritney, and Laundry Service the following year. I regret not buying Fever by Kylie Minogue in 2001. The rest is history. ❤❤❤

Take note, I didn't exactly buy them myself. I was a kid so I asked my Mom to buy them for me. :cutebrit:

1 minute ago, Born2Die said:

Lucky! My parents made me pull weeds to get toys and CDs :crying3:

Well, its pros and cons really. You grew up with siblings and I'm an only child. It's good being spoiled but also lonely. Hehe. ❤ My Mom remarried years after my Dad died and I have a little sister now. We're 20 years apart. :bcutelaugh:

2 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Well, its pros and cons really. You grew up with siblings and I'm an only child. It's good being spoiled but also lonely. Hehe. ❤ My Mom remarried years after my Dad died and I have a little sister now. We're 20 years apart. :bcutelaugh:

OMG are you Selena Gomez? Did I just expose you Sel?

Image result for selena gomez sister

4 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

Hey @Aizmov :hiii:  Glad you made it to Exhale.

I can already smell it's a hit thread. 

To answer the question... BOMT was also my first-ever album. I purchased it with my snack money. :nynod:

Thank you, thank you.

Happy to be part of the family!

Yeah, I mean ever since I saw the music video I just kept saving whatever I got until I made enough to get it, the feeling of accomplishment was satisfying  :akii:

I think mine  was actually „Swing when you’re winning“ by Robbie Williams. But the time I started to absorb music I bought myself „Loose“ by Nelly Furtado. Still a gem until this day :bop: 2006-2008 were my years music-wise ;) . I remember listening to Piece of Me on repeat and trying to dance to it. :madance:

Archived