First Album You Bought?

Aizmov

it was "Greatest Hits: My Prerogative" or either "Blackout" by Britney. I can't recall. I think it was GH:MY. I remember seeing it in a supermarket while doing groceries with my mother at a very young age and I BEGGED for that CD until my mom put it in our shopping cart. It was a cardboard digipack version.

I also got my parents' CD's by Madonna since I loved her as well. It all was around the same time and that's why I can't recall which one was first.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Johnsons said:

I think mine  was actually „Swing when you’re winning“ by Robbie Williams. But the time I started to absorb music I bought myself „Loose“ by Nelly Furtado. Still a gem until this day :bop: 2006-2008 were my years music-wise ;) . I remember listening to Piece of Me on repeat and trying to dance to it. :madance:

Loose is a pop bible and people will deal:endit:.

18 hours ago, Aizmov said:

Wait guys, give me the mic I wanna rant :divaney:

With the rise of all these streaming services we are losing something special, running to the music store to buy a brand-new just-came-outta-the-box plastic-wrapped album. The feeling you get when you just can't wait to go home or get in the car to play that product you bought with your hard earned piggy bank money (or I am just that old of a hag) :demi:

Mind you, I like the advantage of having all my music in one place, yet I look back at my CD collection and see an amazing timeline of history that extends from childhood up to the life we lead now.

So, let's go back into a ride to the memory lane.

What was the first album you ever bought? 

for me it was no other than Britney's "...Baby One More Time", and it was the international alternative cover too. I remember my friend at school showing me "(You Drive Me) Crazy" through recorded VHS at his home and I was like "YES, THIS IS THE ONE"

the lengths the teenage me had to go through to get his very first album was uncanny  :crying1:

first-cd.jpg

I ran to the closest cd shop after school for Circus in 2008. Next time in 2009, I ditched school to get The Singles Collection. Britney got me grounded lmao.

The first album I ever intentionally bought is a limited edition of Britney with a bonus dvd. I was obsessed with the album and my father bought me a DVD player so I can watch the accompanying dvd. I used to watch the videos and the interview even though I didn’t understand English at that time. :quirkney:

can't remember but the ones i had a really, really long time ago when i was like 6 and kept them in a cd book zip case thing were these:

Image result for britney blackoutImage result for pink missundaztood wikiImage result for no doubt greatest hitsImage result for fergie the dutchess wikiImage result for cyndi lauper i want a mom that will last foreverImage result for spongebob squarepants movie music from the movie

eventually i got circus for christmas when i was 9 bc i asked for it and it was a recent release lol i bought others too but can't remember which, i think the case is somewhere back home cause im a packrat and won't throw things away if i can assign value to them (even if they're a scratched up CD that will not play anymore). i bought beyonce self tilted and glory, and still have both, in 2016 i think at the same time (self titled was 3 years old but i was like LETS BUY ALL THE ALBUMS) lol

1 hour ago, NormaJeanSpears said:

can't remember but the ones i had a really, really long time ago when i was like 6 and kept them in a cd book zip case thing were these:

Image result for britney blackoutImage result for pink missundaztood wikiImage result for no doubt greatest hitsImage result for fergie the dutchess wikiImage result for cyndi lauper i want a mom that will last foreverImage result for spongebob squarepants movie music from the movie

eventually i got circus for christmas when i was 9 bc i asked for it and it was a recent release lol i bought others too but can't remember which, i think the case is somewhere back home cause im a packrat and won't throw things away if i can assign value to them (even if they're a scratched up CD that will not play anymore). i bought beyonce self tilted and glory, and still have both, in 2016 i think at the same time (self titled was 3 years old but i was like LETS BUY ALL THE ALBUMS) lol

Wait. You were 9 when Circus came out?! Sooo young🙈 

#imagrandma 

Archived