Meghan Trainor's new album 'Treat Myself' debuts at...

Jordan Miller

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She actually makes good music. She's a great songwriter, and her songs are always super polished. Not that this will stop her or that she doesn't have work opportunities of course, let alone being a great songwriter for others, but this makes me sad because she's abslutely capable of being a solo artist.

• Leader
On 2/8/2020 at 5:32 PM, Isla said:

I feel kinda bad for her, and I don’t think the album’s delay helped.

I thought it might have done better in the UK cause she’s a coach on The Voice UK atm but it’s only got to 41. 

The delay did NOT help, but think of it this way... she was previously going to release an album of love songs after she fell in love. But she was smart enough to realize Millennials aren't really here for that so she started over. Treat Myself is still a solid release. 

She debuted at #25.

• Leader
On 2/8/2020 at 4:11 PM, bitbitboi said:

She actually makes good music. She's a great songwriter, and her songs are always super polished. Not that this will stop her or that she doesn't have work opportunities of course, let alone being a great songwriter for others, but this makes me sad because she's abslutely capable of being a solo artist.

This. She's super talented. 

Oh my gawd its even worse than I thought. I feel sooo bad for her. I'll be the first to admit that it wasn't an excellent album but it's also not that bad. I was expecting atleast a top 10 or top 15 debut but this is sooo off. I saw her perform on Fallon and she was very self conscious and kept looking to the side during her 'Nice to Meet Ya' performance. Kinda reminded me of Morgan McMichaels during AS2's Talent Show.

Stream Nice to Meet Ya because its a bop. I have a 2 song playlist of this and React that I have on repeated for days now.:cutebrit:

4 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

The delay did NOT help, but think of it this way... she was previously going to release an album of love songs after she fell in love. But she was smart enough to realize Millennials aren't really here for that so she started over. Treat Myself is still a solid release. 

She debuted at #25.

Ddd was that really the reason? 

5 hours ago, OriginalRoxxy said:

Oh my gawd its even worse than I thought. I feel sooo bad for her. I'll be the first to admit that it wasn't an excellent album but it's also not that bad. I was expecting atleast a top 10 or top 15 debut but this is sooo off. I saw her perform on Fallon and she was very self conscious and kept looking to the side during her 'Nice to Meet Ya' performance. Kinda reminded me of Morgan McMichaels during AS2's Talent Show.

Stream Nice to Meet Ya because its a bop. I have a 2 song playlist of this and React that I have on repeated for days now.:cutebrit:

Ouuuf yes that Jimmy Fallon performance was something not horrible ..she was off nervous or something :(

• Content Curators

nooooo 

i like her :deadbanana:

i honestly feel she took a way too long of a break (yes ik she was working)

but for a new artist to continue being relevant they need to do constant promo and albums for the first 5-10 years of their career with constant "reinventions"

but her album is good

Archived