Oops!... I Did It Again vs Womanizer

Which is better?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You had to have lived the Oops era to really appreciate how massive that song and video were, and then the album with its opening week. Oops for me will always be superior. Womanizer was cute for what it was, but overall the song isn’t a staple for her career. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, WhatYouNeed said:

well it's actually quite embarrasing for womanizer since it was uploaded to youtube 1 year after its release whereas oop was uploaded 9 years later :schoolingtime:

9 hours ago, falka said:

Didn't Womanizer lost some views, I remember weird shifts in numbers :ponderney:

Well Britney's VEVO account was created in 2009, so all her videos were removed from YouTube and reuploaded in 2009 October. Womanizer was her most viewed video at that time, even more than Bomt or Toxic. I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that it had around 70-80M views while Oops had around 20-30M before both were taken down in 2009 :brityes: It was one of the most viewed videos of 2008 the too. Womanizer was also her first video not from the Femme Fatale era (when YouTube became extra popular and HIAM, TTWE and IWG was easy hits) that was certified at 100M views :mhm:

So if all these views are also taken into account, Womanizer should easily have more views than I Wanna Go, which sits at 245M views and maybe even more than Work *****, at 307M views :yaknow:

Oops is not the most viewed video on YouTube from 2000, but it gets more daily views than any other video from the year I guess. Imo, considering how iconic it was, the title, the costume, the choreography, it deserves at least 300M in a world where Bomt has 410M and Toxic has 385M :donewithit:

'Oops!' is the best song ever, by any artist, so it wins by default.

britney-spears-oops-i-did-it-again-gif-1

And as much as I love the 'Womanizer' video, it ain't **** next to the 'Oops!' video.  The latter will go down in history as one of the all-time great pop videos.  I mean, come on... that iconic red catsuit, that iconic high pony, that iconic Titanic scene, that iconic choreography... :gobaby::gobaby::gobaby: 

3 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Well Britney's VEVO account was created in 2009, so all her videos were removed from YouTube and reuploaded in 2009 October. Womanizer was her most viewed video at that time, even more than Bomt or Toxic. I vaguely remember seeing somewhere that it had around 70-80M views while Oops had around 20-30M before both were taken down in 2009 :brityes: It was one of the most viewed videos of 2008 the too. Womanizer was also her first video not from the Femme Fatale era (when YouTube became extra popular and HIAM, TTWE and IWG was easy hits) that was certified at 100M views :mhm:

So if all these views are also taken into account, Womanizer should easily have more views than I Wanna Go, which sits at 245M views and maybe even more than Work *****, at 307M views :yaknow:

Oops is not the most viewed video on YouTube from 2000, but it gets more daily views than any other video from the year I guess. Imo, considering how iconic it was, the title, the costume, the choreography, it deserves at least 300M in a world where Bomt has 410M and Toxic has 385M :donewithit:

And what is the most viewed video from 2000?:gerlwat:

I listen more to Womanizer overall, but Oops it's more fun and campy :) 

Also yeah Womanizer has more views because it came out on youtube at a time where Britney was still uber popular and the main pop girl. Also the Femme Fatale era gave the Circus videos more views because musically if you were a Brit fan back then because of I Wanna Go, Womanizer would be the most similar in her back catalog, compared to Baby or Oops. On Spotify you can see how Oops is more timeless but at the same time Oops has been added to more playlists. But most of the time when they include a Britney song it's Toxic. I think Womanizer is too new to be nostalgic so it sounds kind of dated to most people but it's not old enough to be remembered fondly like Baby, Stronger or Oops. Side thing I think Stronger is Britney's La Isla Bonita, where it wasn't super massively successful back then compared to the other hits but nowadays it's one of the songs people remember her for.

Also weirdly Oops is on this wedding playlist lol 

4 hours ago, Lil Jay said:

And what is the most viewed video from 2000?:gerlwat:

3 hours ago, Shadow2003 said:

Girl, @Lil Jay meant the most-viewed video from 2000 (the year), not the 2000s.

12 minutes ago, Lil Jay said:

Yup @ILikeChillinWithYou and Oops is the most-viewed video on yt from that year I think

Oops! :overwhelm:

YouTube was founded in 2004 and only became a staple video viewing site in 2009. With that said, Oops remains the highest viewed female video from 2000. :yeahhh:

Britney is so underrated in YouTube she deserves way more :sickofu: Many other videos from the late 90s have crossed 500M (like I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys) :kyliecry:

Also I correct my earlier statement. I didn't realise Born This Way by Gaga was from 2009 so it remains the most viewed female video from the 2000s with 1B views 

3 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Also I correct my earlier statement. I didn't realise Born This Way by Gaga was from 2009 so it remains the most viewed female video from the 2000s with 1B views 

Hold on, what? :jackk:

""Born This Way" is a song by American singer Lady Gaga, and the lead single from her second studio album of the same name. Written by Gaga and Jeppe Laursen, who produced it along with Fernando Garibay and DJ White Shadow, the track was developed while Gaga was on the road with The Monster Ball Tour. Inspired by 1990s music which empowered women and the gay community, Gaga explained that "Born This Way" was her freedom song. She sang part of the chorus at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards in 2010 and announced the song as the lead single from the album, released on February 11, 2011."

- Wikipedia / Born This Way (song)

5 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

Hold on, what? :jackk:

Oh yes! I was using this other forum on YouTube views as a source and I knew something was wrong when I saw BTW listed in 2009 :tifflmao: I didn't have much knowledge on Gaga so I believed the guy :embarrassed:

In that case, Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me" takes the throne for the most viewed female video of 2000s at 962M :mhm: Followed closely by Katy Perry with "Hot 'n Cold" and Beyoncé with "Halo", both capped somewhere around the 800-900M range.

2 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Oh yes! I was using this other forum on YouTube views as a source and I knew something was wrong when I saw BTW listed in 2009 :tifflmao: I didn't have much knowledge on Gaga so I believed the guy :embarrassed:

In that case, Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me" takes the throne for the most viewed female video of 2000s at 962M :mhm: Followed closely by Katy Perry with "Hot 'n Cold" and Beyoncé with "Halo", both capped somewhere around the 800-900M range.

Yes, that sounds all correct. :yay:

1 minute ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

While Scream &a Shout remains Brinny's most viewed at 724M and that's on will.i.am's channel and the song is from 2013 :kyliecry:

On her own channel, BOMT sits at 410M and remains her most viewed video. It's so low actually, even Xtina has 445M for Say Something :icant2:

puke.v1.gif?0.12042244390626844

5 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

While Scream &a Shout remains Brinny's most viewed at 724M and that's on will.i.am's channel and the song is from 2013 :kyliecry:

On her own channel, BOMT sits at 410M and remains her most viewed video. It's so low actually, even Xtina has 445M for Say Something :icant2:

But you can't compare Say Something to BOMT because SS is from this decade + it's collab. You could compare it more with Scream&Shout which has 724M as you said it. 

BOMT can be compared with Xtina's Genie which has like 120M+. So Britney is winner. 

13 minutes ago, Lil Jay said:

But you can't compare Say Something to BOMT because SS is from this decade + it's collab. You could compare it more with Scream&Shout which has 724M as you said it. 

BOMT can be compared with Xtina's Genie which has like 120M+. So Britney is winner. 

What I mean is that her highest viewed video should have more views than it does. Say Something was a duet whereas Scream & Shout is a feature. So technically, SS is both Xtina's and Great Big World's song while S&S is will.i.am's song featuring Britney:yaknow: But then there's Moves Like Jagger- 620M, on which Xtina's was only a feature. So it can be compared to S&S and S&S would win.

But still, no one from the Gp is going to look all this criteri. They will just look at the highest views video. Here's where BOMT is underrated :kyliecry:

Archived