Oops!... I Did It Again vs Womanizer

Which is better?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Two iconic lead singles both having almost similar views on YouTube- Oops has 227M while Womanizer has 235M. Which one is the better song and video in your opinion and more iconic to their respective eras? :thinkney:

You know, Thought it'd be really cool and faded to compare them, you know? Very urban and um, very... cool, you know? :receipts2:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Womanizer"'s video is iconic, timeless, still looks great, has an interesting concept and Brandon Stoughton is just... :thirsty: :thirsty: :thirsty:

"Oops!" is good too, but I prefer "Womanizer" (once again, it's a choice between dance-pop / electropop vs. teen pop / dance-pop, and from some of my previous statements, it should be pretty obvious which one I prefer).

Yes, as you all say, Oops is iconic. The red catsuit is instantly recognisable, the titular phrase is still used to this day. It's a classic.

But youtube views determine how remembered the song is now by the GP dont they? Why is Womanizer leading by a small margin in that area if Womanizer came nowhere near the icon status as Oops? 

Plus, music wise, Oops sounds dated while Womanizer could still pass off as electro-pop right? 

4 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

But youtube views determine how remembered the song is now by the GP dont they? Why is Womanizer leading by a small margin in that area if Womanizer came nowhere near the icon status as Oops? 

Maybe it's because people just prefer "Womanizer"'s video... It could be fans just watching it many times because they prefer that one; it doesn't have to be the GP who's responsible for a certain amount of views.

5 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Plus, music wise, Oops sounds dated while Womanizer could still pass off as electro-pop right? 

I mean, "Womanizer" doesn't even have to 'pass off' as electropop, it's just an electropop song. It doesn't change its genre over time. :tbh:

It also came out in 2008, so it definitely sounds fresher than "Oops!". The 'most popular genres' change over time, but electropop is still pretty popular and present in today's hits - take Billie Eilish's "bad guy", for example. It's not gonna be as dated as "Oops!", since that 2000s kind of teen pop is no longer popular or prominent in today's music.

19 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Yes, as you all say, Oops is iconic. The red catsuit is instantly recognisable, the titular phrase is still used to this day. It's a classic.

Oops came out before YouTube existed.

If you added all the TRL views and people sitting next to their radio to hear the song, Oops would break anyone’s record. Fact.

40 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Well Oops is more streamed on Spotify and by a large margin. Maybe Womanizer has more YouTube views because it came out just a couple years before VEVO

9 minutes ago, Lorenzo said:

Well Oops is more streamed on Spotify and by a large margin. Maybe Womanizer has more YouTube views because it came out just a couple years before VEVO

Didn't Womanizer lost some views, I remember weird shifts in numbers :ponderney:

Archived