Oops!... I Did It Again vs Womanizer

Which is better?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops! is the best of everything there's ever been or will ever be :donewithit:

:giggleney::giggleney: <- these emojis are called the same and she kinda has a similar look in both

Well, after my attempt to use a simple giggle emote, I gotta say Womanizer is really good too, and the video is amazing and the perfect "comeback single". However I don't think people recognize it that much. There are just too many looks, which isn't bad, but I don't think people recognize them or remember them that easily. How many people (from the GP) recognized the Womanizer office worker look that Selena Gomez had in that Taylor video? 

Oops is unforgettable and iconic and perfect and she almost died to give us that amazing masterpiece. :crying1: 

And the songs are very tied to their era. Oops is very 2000 and Womanizer is very 2008. They probably wouldn't be successful if released today, but they're timeless as classics, if that makes any sense (I know it doesn't :haha: ). 

Womanizer is the best example of how repetitive lyrics can actually work some times, and Oops is the best example of how you can take an older song as a base (BOMT) and create something completely different and equally amazing, without, surprisingly, being that obvious. I prefer Oops. 

And for those who were discussing earlier, I think It's My Life by Bon Jovi is the most watched video of the YEAR 2000.

1. It's My Life - Bon Jovi
  2. Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers
  3. Kryptonite -  3 Doors Down
  4. Stan - Eminem ft Dido
  5. Oops!... I Did It Again - Britney Spears

unless I miss some other 2000 video.

9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

And for those who were discussing earlier, I think It's My Life by Bon Jovi is the most watched video of the YEAR 2000.

1. It's My Life - Bon Jovi
  2. Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers
  3. Kryptonite -  3 Doors Down
  4. Stan - Eminem ft Dido
  5. Oops!... I Did It Again - Britney Spears

unless I miss some other 2000 video.

I did mention the most viewed "Female" video of the 2000 :mhm:

anigif_enhanced-18835-1427495835-2.gif

Spoiler

“Womanizer” is a really good pop song with a fantastic video, but OIDIA can only be compared alongside BOMT and Toxic.

The former is a pop hit; the latter is a moment solidified in the history of popular culture. 

I mean, how many music videos can you think of where one split-second screenshot of the artist’s lips alone is sufficient for multiple generations worldwide to immediately know the song and video from which it originates? 

I can only think of a handful that have even one shot that memorable, and the opening scene to BOMT is already among them:

70eQ.gif

Spoiler

Edit: 2000s anecdote for the younger fans:

(I was in 4th grade when OIDIA was released but recall it perfectly—I was on a 9-hour British Airways flight from London-Heathrow to Dallas-Fort Worth right after the video premiered).

Back then, everyone in economy was still provided with their own private TVs, alongside the larger ones in the aisles. Well, during those 9 hours, that video was playing constantly—either on the official TVs or across every individual one as far as the eye could see.

Even these old British businessmen were watching it with, well, rather indiscernible expressions quite honestly (although I officially settled on the consensus they were neither amused nor impressed, but demonstrated a glimpse of resigned acceptance that this was to be the new norm. FWIW, I was an overly observant 10-year-old and nine hours is a really long time). :mcorangu:

But, this is just to give you a very small idea of what the impact and scope of the OIDIA video was like. There is absolutely no pop artist (much less TEEN pop artist!) alive currently who could generate that level of interest in a lead MV, and that's simply indisputable. 

18 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Edit: 2000s anecdote for the younger fans:

(I was in 4th grade when OIDIA was released but recall it perfectly—I was on a 9-hour British Airways flight from London-Heathrow to Dallas-Fort Worth right after the video premiered).

Back then, everyone in economy was still provided with their own private TVs, alongside the larger ones in the aisles. Well, during those 9 hours, that video was playing constantly—either on the official TVs or across every individual one as far as the eye could see.

Even these old British businessmen were watching it with, well, rather indiscernible expressions quite honestly (although I officially settled on the consensus they were neither amused nor impressed, but demonstrated a glimpse of resigned acceptance that this was to be the new norm. FWIW, I was an overly observant 10-year-old and nine hours is a really long time). :mcorangu:

But, this is just to give you a very small idea of what the impact and scope of the OIDIA video was like. There is absolutely no pop artist (much less TEEN pop artist!) alive currently who could generate that level of interest in a lead MV, and that's simply indisputable. 

Wow:OMGney: tnx for sharing this experience

Archived