THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER BRITNEY SPEARS

DignifiedLove

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Amen to that! She is TRULY ICONIC and is probably one of the last big popstars the world will ever know! There will NEVER be a modern popstar who will reach the height of popularity and success that she has!

peak / global-dominance wise, gaga and bieber were and are definitely up there. ariana is getting there too, but more so gaga than anyone else since, however, I still believe britney’s cultural impact, influence and dominance has yet to be matched. she practically dominated the world with every move for nearly 10 years. she was not only the biggest female artist, but the biggest celebrity.0nxor7mufjym.gif

this is only because the way we consume music has changed so much in such a short period of time. entertainment is no longer an event with everything literally at our fingertips. there's no element of mystery to a 'famous person' with the rise in social media, you can listen to a song as soon as its released without having to wait to go to the store and buy the single, you don't have to wait for a video to premiere on TRL cuz its already on youtube. there's no anticipation or excitement anymore and thats why there will never be another britney, madonna, the beatles etc.

3 hours ago, nels64 said:

Also as much as I hated Gaga when she was being super attention seeking (meat dress, egg). I really do have to admit she's the only other person I currently see that can become a Madonna, a Michael, a Britney, an Elvis, the Beatles. She's the only other one with iconic visuals and performances and moves that I don't think anyone after Gaga has or has shown yet. 

Ariana can very well become one of the biggest popstars of this time period, but she will be remembered more along the lines of Mariah and Whitney. Great vocalists and top 10 hits artists.

There's just something about Britney and Madonna and Cher, Michael, Gaga that illicit this IT factor. 

This in bold.

44 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

this is only because the way we consume music has changed so much in such a short period of time. entertainment is no longer an event with everything literally at our fingertips. there's no element of mystery to a 'famous person' with the rise in social media, you can listen to a song as soon as its released without having to wait to go to the store and buy the single, you don't have to wait for a video to premiere on TRL cuz its already on youtube. there's no anticipation or excitement anymore and thats why there will never be another britney, madonna, the beatles etc.

we're all dead inside :kidcries: 

24 minutes ago, mauureee said:

"She loves being around people" not anymore I guess :bedtime:

Britney is like a cat I swear. It’s like you accidentally stepped on her paw lol. She looks cute and fuzzy on the outside but on the inside she’s scared, confused, and doesn’t understand why you hurt her and you have to earn her trust again. :tear:

7 hours ago, nels64 said:

Also as much as I hated Gaga when she was being super attention seeking (meat dress, egg). I really do have to admit she's the only other person I currently see that can become a Madonna, a Michael, a Britney, an Elvis, the Beatles. She's the only other one with iconic visuals and performances and moves that I don't think anyone after Gaga has or has shown yet. 

Ariana can very well become one of the biggest popstars of this time period, but she will be remembered more along the lines of Mariah and Whitney. Great vocalists and top 10 hits artists.

There's just something about Britney and Madonna and Cher, Michael, Gaga that illicit this IT factor. 

well the reason you say that is because artists like cher, madge, mj, gaga and britney were the quintessential pop stars of their respective time. whitney and mariah were first and foremost, vocalists who initially focused on their voices almost always over visuals/choreo but they deserve to just as much be grouped up their with the greats. btw let’s not forget tina turner, diana ross, bowie, springsteen, and many others.

also the fact that you think ariana is along the same lines of whitney motherf**kin houston just baffles me and quite frankly, deserves a downvote. you do NOT ever group ariana with whitney (or mariah) ever again. they were the standard.

0nxor7mufjym.gif

4 hours ago, Shadow. said:

rise of social media, youtube and digital streaming is to blame. the music industry peaked from about 1995-2004 (1998 being the best year/absolute peak in the music industry and music diversity overall) with a minor resurgence from 2010-2014. I have studied this several times and I still stand by this statement.0nxor7mufjym.gif

7 hours ago, nels64 said:

1 hour ago, DignifiedLove said:

well the reason you say that is because artists like cher, madge, mj, gaga and britney were the quintessential pop stars of their respective time. whitney and mariah were first and foremost, vocalists who initially focused on their voices rather than visuals/choreo but they deserve to just as much be grouped up their with the greats. btw let’s not forget tina turner, diana ross, bowie, springsteen, and many others.

28 minutes ago, nels64 said:

And like you said they're all the same caliber, just different categories. I'm not saying Britney/Gaga/Madonna are better than Tina/Whitney/Mariah. Just the type that get remembered for different things. Still all equally iconic though.

CELINE SAYS HI.

giphy.gif

58 minutes ago, LiquoriceBabe said:

CELINE SAYS HI  

giphy.gif

celine most overrated vocalist in history. and this is coming from someone who recently just listened to her ENTIRE discography, including her french albums from the 80s. she is legendary tho so i agree she's up there with the greats.

0nxor7mufjym.gif 

vocal wise: mariah > whitney > adele > kelly clarkson > barbra > celine > britney (had she prospered as a vocalist) > madonna > christina (when she wasn't straining) > beyonce. i said what i said. 

0nxor7mufjym.gif 

4 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

celine most overrated vocalist in history. and this is coming from someone who recently just listened to her ENTIRE discography, including her french albums from the 80s 

0nxor7mufjym.gif 

mariah > whitney > kelly clarkson > celine > britney (had she prospered as vocalist) > christina

0nxor7mufjym.gif 

Kelly’s good but Celine was better before a new day has come, when she used to sing forreal and Xtina is well above Britney, even should Britney had followed the vocalist path 

Archived