THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER BRITNEY SPEARS

DignifiedLove

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

celine most overrated vocalist in history. and this is coming from someone who recently just listened to her ENTIRE discography, including her french albums from the 80s. she is legendary tho so i agree she's up there with the greats.

0nxor7mufjym.gif 

vocal wise: mariah > whitney > adele > barbra > kelly clarkson > celine > britney (had she prospered as a vocalist) > christina (when she wasn't straining) > beyonce. i said what i said. 

0nxor7mufjym.gif 

ia, there will also never be another Mariah :tear: queen of the human voice

Spoiler

0nxor7mufjym.gif

• Super Mods
13 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

peak / global-dominance wise, gaga and bieber were and are definitely up there. ariana is getting there too, but more so gaga than anyone else since, however, I still believe britney’s cultural impact, influence and dominance has yet to be matched. she practically dominated the world with every move for nearly 10 years. she was not only the biggest female artist, but the biggest celebrity.0nxor7mufjym.gif

End thread :queenflopga:

6 hours ago, Dhl818 said:

I think Camilla cabello could pass up Ariana and come up to a Justin Bieber level of an impact if she wanted to. I don’t think she wants that. But she has it in her I can see it in some of her performances. 

Nah she don’t have the music to back it up, 2 years later and she’s still performing Havana at award shows. That’s kind of pathetic if you think about it, her only hit. :checkit:

9 hours ago, JustLuvMe said:

Nah she don’t have the music to back it up, 2 years later and she’s still performing Havana at award shows. That’s kind of pathetic if you think about it, her only hit. :checkit:

lmao. true. thats why i said i dont think she wants it but if she wanted to she could. she has it in her, not in her music. she doesnt seem to like attention. 

On 3/19/2019 at 9:03 PM, Shadow. said:

this is only because the way we consume music has changed so much in such a short period of time. entertainment is no longer an event with everything literally at our fingertips. there's no element of mystery to a 'famous person' with the rise in social media, you can listen to a song as soon as its released without having to wait to go to the store and buy the single, you don't have to wait for a video to premiere on TRL cuz its already on youtube. there's no anticipation or excitement anymore and thats why there will never be another britney, madonna, the beatles etc.

agree its become so  boring.

Also award shows arent a big deal anymore and because of that artists are putting in less and less effort. I remember when I was younger you would never miss any award show because the week before it would be hyped up and the whole week after they wpuld report on the red carpet looks or performances or other moments. These days if you arent following a specific artist it is easy to miss an upcoming show.

I mean look at all of these performances. Sure they werent all groundbreaking and awazing but better than anything today. Ariana tries but to me comes off as try hard. Choreography seems to be very unimportant lately and that bothers me a lot. The only people who I feel like are really trying hard anymore are Jlo, Pink and Beyonce but they are always doing variations of a similar thing.  I feel like creativity, budget and choreo are all gone.

3 hours ago, Dhl818 said:

she has it in her, not in her music. she doesnt seem to like attention. 

CC has a lot of potential for being an outstanding live performer, creatively and vocally. But she hasn't been able to keep her own momentum going after a huge hit like 'Havana'. I get what she was trying to do with releasing 'Consequences' as the final single, but as a ballad it just wasn't grandiose enough. I think she needed another banger to close off the era, she has plenty of them on her album.

The talent is there but, like you said, maybe's she not interested in all the attention a song like "She Loves Control" would have brought as a single, especially if she had released it with a video in the summer. It's all up to the choices she makes with her second album that will define where she stands in Pop music.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing how she does... 

12 hours ago, JustLuvMe said:

You didn't like Never Be The Same? Not as huge as Havana, but it charted pretty well, and she did promote it a lot before she went on tour. I think it's the award shows that make her sing Havana over and over again. Given she's relatively new as a solo artist, the last thing she's going to do is piss people off by picking fights with the execs. She's just not there yet with the power to do that.  

On 3/20/2019 at 12:40 AM, DignifiedLove said:

celine most overrated vocalist in history. and this is coming from someone who recently just listened to her ENTIRE discography, including her french albums from the 80s. she is legendary tho so i agree she's up there with the greats.

0nxor7mufjym.gif 

vocal wise: mariah > whitney > adele > kelly clarkson > barbra > celine > britney (had she prospered as a vocalist) > madonna > christina (when she wasn't straining) > beyonce. i said what i said. 

0nxor7mufjym.gif 

Your just delusional, Madonna has never been able to sing better than Barbra Streisand or Beyonces. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 9:47 AM, Betty1994 said:

Your just delusional, Madonna has never been able to sing better than Barbra Streisand or Beyonces. 

sweetie, did i rank madonna above barbra?

and madonna's VOCALS during her something to remember, evita and rol eras surpass anything beyonce has done vocally. beyonce's voice, while a great singer, is slightly overrated. yes, she is a better technical singer than many & most but as a vocalist, she's very whiney. if you choose to further rebuttal my argument, please post some receipts of beyonce singing so that i can reconsider my opinion. 

No there most definitely will not. That era in pop culture is over and impossible to repeat. The level of fame was dazzling to behold. I remember the TRL days, I remember calling in to vote! In some ways, social media has taken the mystery away from our pop icons nowadays. We don’t have to wait for anything, it’s all accessible. 

19 minutes ago, justphil said:

No there most definitely will not. That era in pop culture is over and impossible to repeat. The level of fame was dazzling to behold. I remember the TRL days, I remember calling in to vote! In some ways, social media has taken the mystery away from our pop icons nowadays. We don’t have to wait for anything, it’s all accessible. 

THIS TEA

• 1 year later...

Archived