B-Sides: Britney's Vulnerability Shines On 'Blackout' Ballad, "Let Go"

Jordan Miller

• Leader

b-sides-britney-spears-let-go.jpg

Britney takes a leap of faith on unreleased track, "Let Go."

I've cried more than once listening to "Let Go." OK, I've cried a lot. The 2007 ballad is Britney's most revealing, tender track we've ever witnessed from the typically guarded pop star. It describes a heartbreaking scenario where two people fall out of love, but stay together because fear of the unknown is paralyzing. The devil you know...

Would love for you to check out the full article on the main page :) It's one of my favorite Britney songs ever.

https://www.breatheheavy.com/britney-spears-let-go/

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:crying1: :crying3: :wontcry: :mcry:

So beautiful.  So much talent.  I wish the GP knew that she wasn't just this high-pitched dance pop star but also knew what other genre's she's capable of.  She's always slayed gospel, christmas, rock, blues, folk, R&B, etc. (i.e. a lot of genres from her southern routes that she actually prefers) but most people don't know that.

• Leader
17 hours ago, ImmaSlave4U said:

I wish I felt the song as much as you do. It's too unwieldy and unstructured for my taste. 

It reminds me of something you'd hear playing in the background of a movie during a sad scene in a lonely piano bar or something. 

Ahhh one of the beauties of music. Everyone gets their own take on a song. I'm sure there are songs that really connect with you that I might be so-so about :]

It is a nice song indeed! Another side to Britney that I bet her team would never allow to see the surface of being included in an actual album because it doesn’t really sound like the high-pitcher baby voice people are used to. The fact that she’s never been allowed to approach her fans this way, let alone sing it live in concert. Can’t believe a 36 yo still lip-syncs to songs like IAS4Y and her team won’t let her show her real talent to this date... 

15 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

Ahhh one of the beauties of music. Everyone gets their own take on a song. I'm sure there are songs that really connect with you that I might be so-so about :]

Absolutely, baby. Here's an example of a big-sound ballad that grips my heartstrings and makes my eyes flow like Yosemite.. What choo think? 

I love this part so much....

"These tears are overflowing
And never knowing why
All these years we've been
We've been hurting
We have to look inside
And try
To let go

You gotta let go
To love, you gotta let go
If you really wanna love
You gotta let go"