Who watched this live and what was your first reaction?

DarkLord

15 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It was horrible. :donewithit:

To me it was like, up to that point all of her "scandals" and issues and everything had been a mess in her personal life, but her career was somehow "intact" (I prefer to ignore the M+M tour too), but with this it was like, the moment her personal struggles finally reached her career, and it could've been any other awards show or tv show, but no, it had to be precisely the VMA's, so the contrast with her past performances could be even bigger.

Actually, this along with the music video are the main factors why I never liked GM. Had this been a great performance, I would probably had loved GM. But if she was in a good state of mind, Blackout probably wouldn't even had happened in the first place. 

I just couldn't believe my eyes, those contact lenses, the hair, the body, the movements, she looked scary. That was NOT Brintey Spears. And I just felt very sad. That whole year had been insane, at the beginning with the head shaving, and now this. It really felt like something was dying inside me lol ok that sounds so dramatic, but it really felt that way. 

There are artists or things from my childhood that just disappeared through the years, but they just were gone one day, without all the drama and all the things that were happening with Britney. There was this Mexican singer Lynda, she was popular and she suddenly disappeared after her last album came out in 2002. She was still known to be producing music for another group in 2005, but after that she was just gone (she reappeared last year, 16 years later, out of nowhere). But Britney was disappearing in front of my eyes. And she wasn't disappearing though, she was becoming into a very horrible version of herself, and I don't know what was worse.

And I don't know why Jynx reminds you of BBMA :blol:  People say she looks more like Nicki Minaj, but I think that's rude. Jynx is so much cuter :beynah: 

Boy, this was like reading everything I can't type in english but I always wanted to say. I agree with you so much. By the way Queen Lynda had me going A mil por hora SINGING all over my room back in the day. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DarkLord said:

Boy, this was like reading everything I can't type in english but I always wanted to say. I agree with you so much. By the way Queen Lynda had me going A mil por hora SINGING all over my room back in the day. 

are you Mexican :orangu: ? And here I am telling you all the story about Lynda.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for that album she promised since last year. We only got two new songs, but I need the full album NOW :hehehe: 

Gira que Gira is one of the first videoclips that I ever watched in my life, or at least that I remember. I think the earliest memories I have about hearing a song and actually being conscious about it was La Macarena, but I don't remember watching the video until many years later. 

3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

are you Mexican :orangu: ? And here I am telling you all the story about Lynda.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for that album she promised since last year. We only got two new songs, but I need the full album NOW :hehehe: 

Gira que Gira is one of the first videoclips that I ever watched in my life, or at least that I remember. I think the earliest memories I have about hearing a song and actually being conscious about it was La Macarena, but I don't remember watching the video until many years later. 

That you for bringing the subject cuz Lynda does not get the iconic recognition she deserves, maybe cuz she vanished in such a weird way. Honestly I think something very bad happened to her, something related with a producer or something.

Gira que gira, nunca te detengas:werk: such an anthem. 

1 hour ago, maquisl said:

I think that was the 1st  performance I saw live. My sister's a big fan since the BOMT but I was too young back then so I don't remember if I saw another before the VMAs 07 (My 1st memories from Britney are from the Britney era and Crossroads). So... We watched it together with our family and my reaction was that I loved it and I thought it was great. My sister's instant reaction was saying "That was a ****" and I didn't understand why because for me it was great  :tifflmao: :mcorangu:Of course, a few months later, when I started to watch her old videos and live performances. I ended up understanding her reaction.

Oh, and I also remember being the whole show waiting for Criss Angels to show up  and I was surprised to see that he never did. I didn't know it was scrapped because she decided to go out partying instead of rehearsing. :mj:

I watched it with my mom and dad while having dinner (something called garnachas and tostadas). I always watched vmas live with my parents while having dinner:yeaok:

1 hour ago, really really cool guy said:

I watched it with my sisters, they were like: "what happened to her? She looks fat, ugly and that song's really bad. She's over." And I was like: :decisions:. Unfortunately MTV repeated the whole show so we watched it again :orangu: and I think that's weird because they never did that again. I think they wanted to make sure that everybody saw Britney's performance.

Honetly I had much higher expectations since I watched E! News days prior to the show and they said that Britney was back to rehearsals for this and that she was looking hot again. When I saw the performance I was dissapointed af but that's exactly when I became a stan. I started searching for her on internet and watched everything they said about her on TV and watched her music videos as much as possible.

A STAN WAS BORN :crying1:

Yeah, I was talking about it in a other tread, about how this period of time made me a supersayayin fan checking Britney 24/7. It was a Hard but exciting time to be a fan. 

I was having dinner with all my family when it started and i was shocked from the very beginning cause she looked and felt SO DIFFERENT and so many questions were running through my head as the performance went on. I was realising that the sweet Britney Spears was REALLY HIGH, drunk and/or in a very bad place and at the same time I was thinking everything was a JOKE (such a delusion lol) and that Chris Angel was about to appear as it was rumored and the "true" performance was going to start but.... It never did. The ending was so weak and the show went on and i felt ASHAMED cause i was young and i was saying britney was the best 10 minutes ago to my family.

I think there are SO MANY THINGS we dont even know. 

Dark deals with MTV. Its so obvious britneys team had changed and MTV who had feed from her greatest performances could not care less about britney the person and the artist and let her and her dark team get on that stage in that state.

No wonder why britney refused to perform there for 10 years and why MTV inmediately after that public bullying gave her so much awards for piexe of me music video.

Everything is staged in such a level that i do understand why britney takes this industry the way she takes it now. She just wants her cash and go home

I didn't watch it live, but I watched it soon after. I was not a fan of pop at all at that age, although I did read my mom's tabloids. I remember reading about how terrible her performance was, so I found a video clip of it online (streamed that **** on dial-up, yeee). Honestly, I just didn't really get it since I wasn't a pop fan. I didn't understand what was so bad about the performance. But I was also not aware of her previous performances for comparison. Looking back, I can understand the backlash and drama, but I still don't think the performance was that awful.

47 minutes ago, BritneyLover said:

I was having dinner with all my family when it started and i was shocked from the very beginning cause she looked and felt SO DIFFERENT and so many questions were running through my head as the performance went on. I was realising that the sweet Britney Spears was REALLY HIGH, drunk and/or in a very bad place and at the same time I was thinking everything was a JOKE (such a delusion lol) and that Chris Angel was about to appear as it was rumored and the "true" performance was going to start but.... It never did. The ending was so weak and the show went on and i felt ASHAMED cause i was young and i was saying britney was the best 10 minutes ago to my family.

I think there are SO MANY THINGS we dont even know. 

Dark deals with MTV. Its so obvious britneys team had changed and MTV who had feed from her greatest performances could not care less about britney the person and the artist and let her and her dark team get on that stage in that state.

No wonder why britney refused to perform there for 10 years and why MTV inmediately after that public bullying gave her so much awards for piexe of me music video.

Everything is staged in such a level that i do understand why britney takes this industry the way she takes it now. She just wants her cash and go home

In a very bad place at least, right. Dark team  and dark deals sound like  a conspiracy thing but dark things happen with media and stuffs so, I get what you are saying. There is a big picture that not everyone can see but yeah, there is more dark stuffs we don't know. 

7 minutes ago, thrashette said:

I didn't watch it live, but I watched it soon after. I was not a fan of pop at all at that age, although I did read my mom's tabloids. I remember reading about how terrible her performance was, so I found a video clip of it online (streamed that **** on dial-up, yeee). Honestly, I just didn't really get it since I wasn't a pop fan. I didn't understand what was so bad about the performance. But I was also not aware of her previous performances for comparison. Looking back, I can understand the backlash and drama, but I still don't think the performance was that awful.

Soo when did the holy spirit converted your popless soul? 

That was the 1st time I told myself: WAS THAT IT? :watrusayin:

Up to that moment, the last reference of her work was still the Primeney days and her shocking jaw dropping performances so, my first reaction wasn't as bad as media made it seem to be but it definitely left me like: what was that? At some moment I thought it was pre-recorded (given she already had done that, the bbma 01 for example) because the VMA's from that year for some reason took place at different stages at the Palms Hotel in Las Vegas so I was like: "maybe this is just something extra and she will come out again later on".

That was basically my first reaction because the whole excitement didn´t let me pay attention to all of the horrible details. The next day, I woke up for school and she was on the news with the headline: "Britney's dissapointing comeback performance" (something similar but in spanish lol) but I was late to school so I couldn't watch the entire news I just realized that it wasn't me the only one who thought that performance was "weird".

That same day when I came from school, I looked it up on Youtube so I got to see all of the horrible things compared to her gold days. I did notice it was a bad performance but I also admitted that there are worse performances from other singer so at this point I was used to media overreacting to everything Britney did. 50% of me used to say, that was horrible, the other 50% used to say, there are worse things, she has more serious issues in her life to care about than an award performance. :( 

3 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

Unfortunately MTV repeated the whole show so we watched it again :orangu: and I think that's weird because they never did that again. I think they wanted to make sure that everybody saw Britney's performance.

IDK where you are from but in Mexico they always used to repeat the show after it ended that same evening and during the week after the show and (as if it wasn't enough) during the next weekend but now with subtitles in Spanish. They even used to repeat the show from the previous year. These were the days MTV was still an actual music channel. :yeaok:

The concept of the performance was perfect for Vegas. The Elvis intro, the choreo, the backdrop. I watch the dancers rehearsal and I think about it, and it's such a **** and erotic performance. The problem was Britney. She wasn't ready at all. Her energy was far from being on point, her outfit was a mess, her hair was a mass, her attitude was a mess. I was a f**king teen, I never watched any live performance before (real time, I mean). It was her comeback. I had no words for it. I gained some kind of hate for her I've never had before, and never had after it. I thought of her as a drugadict or whatever, I was 14 and couldn't understand it. For some reason empathy grew in me a couple of months later, and my love for her slowly cameback. 

I will never, ever, understand the love for this performance. It's such a sad performance, not even bad, it's sad. She was far from the place she deserved to be, I still can't believe how MTV allowed it. I f**king hate Sam Lufti for all the harm he did on her. 

1 hour ago, I am Max. said:

The concept of the performance was perfect for Vegas. The Elvis intro, the choreo, the backdrop. I watch the dancers rehearsal and I think about it, and it's such a **** and erotic performance. The problem was Britney. She wasn't ready at all. Her energy was far from being on point, her outfit was a mess, her hair was a mass, her attitude was a mess. I was a f**king teen, I never watched any live performance before (real time, I mean). It was her comeback. I had no words for it. I gained some kind of hate for her I've never had before, and never had after it. I thought of her as a drugadict or whatever, I was 14 and couldn't understand it. For some reason empathy grew in me a couple of months later, and my love for her slowly cameback. 

I will never, ever, understand the love for this performance. It's such a sad performance, not even bad, it's sad. She was far from the place she deserved to be, I still can't believe how MTV allowed it. I f**king hate Sam Lufti for all the harm he did on her. 

I DON'T KNOW MAN BUT FOR ME, THAT PERFORMANCE MADE ME FEEL CLOSER TO HER BECAUSE OF HER BAD STATE AND EVEN THE CHOREO FELT EASYER TO EMULATE, SO I GOT OBSSESED? 

1 hour ago, Million Billion said:

That was the 1st time I told myself: WAS THAT IT? :watrusayin:

Up to that moment, the last reference of her work was still the Primeney days and her shocking jaw dropping performances so, my first reaction wasn't as bad as media made it seem to be but it definitely left me like: what was that? At some moment I thought it was pre-recorded (given she already had done that, the bbma 01 for example) because the VMA's from that year for some reason took place at different stages at the Palms Hotel in Las Vegas so I was like: "maybe this is just something extra and she will come out again later on".

That was basically my first reaction because the whole excitement didn´t let me pay attention to all of the horrible details. The next day, I woke up for school and she was on the news with the headline: "Britney's dissapointing comeback performance" (something similar but in spanish lol) but I was late to school so I couldn't watch the entire news I just realized that it wasn't me the only one who thought that performance was "weird".

That same day when I came from school, I looked it up on Youtube so I got to see all of the horrible things compared to her gold days. I did notice it was a bad performance but I also admitted that there are worse performances from other singer so at this point I was used to media overreacting to everything Britney did. 50% of me used to say, that was horrible, the other 50% used to say, there are worse things, she has more serious issues in her life to care about than an award performance. :( 

You were like I just want moaaar giphy.gif

Archived