Who watched this live and what was your first reaction?

DarkLord

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually cried...even though I liked her songs from 1999 to 2001/2, I only started stanning when I saw the MATM music video...so I only experienced one era in full (and that one was cut short because of her knee)...so I was very excited when I saw that she was going to perform in VMA's and make a comeback...and I think I had already heard the song...not really sure about that, but I remember that I fell in love with Gimme More from the start (wether it was before or after this performance)...so I had such a big expectation...but when I saw her in lingerie (not a real outfit), out of shape (considering ITZ standards), dancing awkwardly, and nothing special or shocking happening (aside from the shock of seeing her like that) I just cried in front of the TV...

I remember there where rumors of a magic trick during the performance and nothing happened...so I watched the full show having the hope that this was kinda of a joke, so that everyone was shocked, and she would appear in the end of the show with a killer performance...well, nothing happened after this, and I just stand in front of the TV while the commercials where running after the show crying again...I felt so disappointed and at the same time questioning what was happening in her life...I knew about the papparazzi stuff, but even when she was tired of them she always delivered good music, good performances and good performances...so I was really really confused....

I know that some fans say this performance is iconic, and they really like it...but I never liked it and for me is one of the worst performances of her...not only by ITZ standards (even though that makes it look even worse) but even comparing to her performing skills now...I don't like her performances now for the same reason that I don't like this one...basic, boring choreography, and no connection the audience or passion for her art...she had an excuse in this one, so i never really said anything about it, always kept it to myself, because there was no need to pull her down even more, it was clear that she was not ok...so that's it...I just cried xD

6 hours ago, VeteranFan86 said:

There was so much hype for her return. The world was watching her personal life take a turn, and there were already reports if her partying the night before. So I went into it kinda nervously. I think I just felt bad for her. Especially when Sarah Silverman came out right afterwards and called her kids mistakes and said “it’s so great that Britney has done everything that she’s ever going to do” or something like that. That wasn’t cool.

I was going out and partying a lot in Houston back then, and let me tell you... I have never had to defend/stand up for Britney as a fan more than during that whole 2007 era...and to a sh!tload of gay people, of all things. Of course, they came back around when Womanizer came out. Fake fans. lol

Oh yeah I forgot the Sarah Silverman thing. It was a Hard time for the fans having to stand up for Britney

2 minutes ago, Fall2Pieces said:

My sister and I watched it together & just laughed the entire time. When they showed 50 cents face we died. ? We didn't take it as seriously as everyone else, thats for sure.

50 cents face, Rihanna face (she wasn't making fun of Britney) with the *********

10 minutes ago, paula24bs said:

I actually cried...even though I liked her songs from 1999 to 2001/2, I only started stanning when I saw the MATM music video...so I only experienced one era in full (and that one was cut short because of her knee)...so I was very excited when I saw that she was going to perform in VMA's and make a comeback...and I think I had already heard the song...not really sure about that, but I remember that I fell in love with Gimme More from the start (wether it was before or after this performance)...so I had such a big expectation...but when I saw her in lingerie (not a real outfit), out of shape (considering ITZ standards), dancing awkwardly, and nothing special or shocking happening (aside from the shock of seeing her like that) I just cried in front of the TV...

I remember there where rumors of a magic trick during the performance and nothing happened...so I watched the full show having the hope that this was kinda of a joke, so that everyone was shocked, and she would appear in the end of the show with a killer performance...well, nothing happened after this, and I just stand in front of the TV while the commercials where running after the show crying again...I felt so disappointed and at the same time questioning what was happening in her life...I knew about the papparazzi stuff, but even when she was tired of them she always delivered good music, good performances and good performances...so I was really really confused....

I know that some fans say this performance is iconic, and they really like it...but I never liked it and for me is one of the worst performances of her...not only by ITZ standards (even though that makes it look even worse) but even comparing to her performing skills now...I don't like her performances now for the same reason that I don't like this one...basic, boring choreography, and no connection the audience or passion for her art...she had an excuse in this one, so i never really said anything about it, always kept it to myself, because there was no need to pull her down even more, it was clear that she was not ok...so that's it...I just cried xD

So you just cried, Omg. So interesting. 

I didn’t understand the hate because I thought it was so good :janet: 

sure, she wasn’t as skinny as she was during the 2003 Vmas but she wasn’t fat. I actually think she looked really hot and I loved it :bparty: the thing is, the performance wasn’t on fact bad (fat from it) people just wanted to bully and hate on Britney for the sake of seeing her cry in the car or maybe beat a paparazzi to the ground with an umbrella so they could make more money writing tabloids and tv programs. I love 2007! I have good nostalgia watching her candids and listening to Blackout album, it was so great! 

If any of you have doubts in why I like 2007, look up x17 stuff and you will see her looking beautiful and flawless. If you think she was “sick” and not okay, watch the 2006 dateline interview so you will understand it was not her fault. My opinion remains unbothered, peace :letitburn:

I did and it was just... underwhelming, disappointing, and sad. We hadn't really seen her onstage since the OH Tour (we had M+Ms but I thought that was just a stepping stone to get back to where she once was) and this was such a big event and a big deal that she was making her comeback that I thought she was going to pull off something great, like her other VMA performances. There were reports that she was working with Criss Angel for illusions.

Basically - her performance was just boring. There wasn't a cool entrance, not a cool costume, the costume didn't look good on her, her hair looked bad, no cool choreography (except the **** grab lol), no cool staging or props... I remember Exhale kept saying "maybe she's joking and she will pull off a big performance later in the evening" and I was so hoping it was true but it wasn't.

Looking back, it was like a lot of other Britney projects in the last 12 years - it's not that it was bad, it just wasn't up to Britney's standards. If anyone else had done it, it would have been fine. But we were used to Britney giving us so much more (no pun).

5 hours ago, Jerrycan said:

I thought she was done for good. There was so much expectation about her comeback, and she couldn’t dance, looked ill, and just by looking at the singers’ faces in the audience you could tell it was boring.

thank god she came back and improved so much! 

She came back and she's coming soon in 2019

Archived