Who watched this live and what was your first reaction?

DarkLord

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Avatar said:

I kind of expected this energy from the clips of M+M Tour and she had already started to dumb down her dancing from ITZ/GHMP.

But I didn't expect the hate it got and still felt the song should have done better on the charts despite the video and performance.

Such a dope song honestly, so different with a complex simplicity. :cigney:

I was at work and literally abandoned my duties for 10 minutes to run to another floor of the building to find a TV.

i remember watching it (nervous I was going to get caught haha) and wondering “when is the big moment going to happen?” (Because she always had a jaw dropping moment at the VMA’s).  I was literally speechless when it ended.  So underwhelmed.  I will say, I thought she looked amazing.  When I did return to work a co-worker said “how did she do?” And I said “meh it was boring, but she looked so hot!”  I definitely didn’t expect all the body-shaming.  But yeah, I still can’t believe she allowed that to go on stage for such an anticipated performance.  

7 minutes ago, G-unit said:

I was at work and literally abandoned my duties for 10 minutes to run to another floor of the building to find a TV.

i remember watching it (nervous I was going to get caught haha) and wondering “when is the big moment going to happen?” (Because she always had a jaw dropping moment at the VMA’s).  I was literally speechless when it ended.  So underwhelmed.  I will say, I thought she looked amazing.  When I did return to work a co-worker said “how did she do?” And I said “meh it was boring, but she looked so hot!”  I definitely didn’t expect all the body-shaming.  But yeah, I still can’t believe she allowed that to go on stage for such an anticipated performance.  

I can totally picture you trying to find a TV. It was such a night, and so anticipated. Remember the rumor of Chris Angel having a big role on the performance using a lot of mirrors to create some sort of magical thing? Britney-Wants-Remind-Us-She-Musician.jpg 

I watched it with my sisters, they were like: "what happened to her? She looks fat, ugly and that song's really bad. She's over." And I was like: :decisions:. Unfortunately MTV repeated the whole show so we watched it again :orangu: and I think that's weird because they never did that again. I think they wanted to make sure that everybody saw Britney's performance.

Honetly I had much higher expectations since I watched E! News days prior to the show and they said that Britney was back to rehearsals for this and that she was looking hot again. When I saw the performance I was dissapointed af but that's exactly when I became a stan. I started searching for her on internet and watched everything they said about her on TV and watched her music videos as much as possible.

A STAN WAS BORN :crying1:

I think that was the 1st  performance I saw live. My sister's a big fan since the BOMT but I was too young back then so I don't remember if I saw another before the VMAs 07 (My 1st memories from Britney are from the Britney era and Crossroads). So... We watched it together with our family and my reaction was that I loved it and I thought it was great. My sister's instant reaction was saying "That was a ****" and I didn't understand why because for me it was great  :tifflmao: :mcorangu:Of course, a few months later, when I started to watch her old videos and live performances. I ended up understanding her reaction.

Oh, and I also remember being the whole show waiting for Criss Angels to show up  and I was surprised to see that he never did. I didn't know it was scrapped because she decided to go out partying instead of rehearsing. :mj:

5 minutes ago, DarkLord said:

Really? Cuz I really wanna know. 

Reveal hidden contents

Off topic: why she reminds me the Billboard medley? 250px-124Jynx.png

It was horrible. :donewithit:

To me it was like, up to that point all of her "scandals" and issues and everything had been a mess in her personal life, but her career was somehow "intact" (I prefer to ignore the M+M tour too), but with this it was like, the moment her personal struggles finally reached her career, and it could've been any other awards show or tv show, but no, it had to be precisely the VMA's, so the contrast with her past performances could be even bigger.

Actually, this along with the music video are the main factors why I never liked GM. Had this been a great performance, I would probably had loved GM. But if she was in a good state of mind, Blackout probably wouldn't even had happened in the first place. 

I just couldn't believe my eyes, those contact lenses, the hair, the body, the movements, she looked scary. That was NOT Brintey Spears. And I just felt very sad. That whole year had been insane, at the beginning with the head shaving, and now this. It really felt like something was dying inside me lol ok that sounds so dramatic, but it really felt that way. 

There are artists or things from my childhood that just disappeared through the years, but they just were gone one day, without all the drama and all the things that were happening with Britney. There was this Mexican singer Lynda, she was popular and she suddenly disappeared after her last album came out in 2002. She was still known to be producing music for another group in 2005, but after that she was just gone (she reappeared last year, 16 years later, out of nowhere). But Britney was disappearing in front of my eyes. And she wasn't disappearing though, she was becoming into a very horrible version of herself, and I don't know what was worse.

And I don't know why Jynx reminds you of BBMA :blol:  People say she looks more like Nicki Minaj, but I think that's rude. Jynx is so much cuter :beynah: 

I remember being shocked because the performance was so hyped up.  It made sense after I saw the video and the brand of the album.  The beat of GM is **** yet has a vulnerable feel.  I always pictured the video to be **** but to show a sad side of Britney.  Maybe with tears because of what she was going through but maybe that would have been too much 

Archived