Glory original cover was scrapped?

UltimateBritney

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Shadow2003 said:

That's kinda the thing with Britney's music - her best albums have really terrible album covers and her worst one: Brenda Jones has the best album cover. So, I guess if the next album has a trash cover, we can at least expect good music.

I generally think oops, Britney, in the zone, blackout and circus are the only good album covers....

• Super Mods
9 hours ago, I’mAMomNow said:

The photo of her in the desert was shot by Randee, not David. I don’t want to dig through old posts but there are receipts there. I think we were all surprised.

Where did you get that info from? Someone emailed Randee’s team and they said it’s not Randee’s photo. It doesn’t make sense that they would do a whole new photo shoot if they had already done one months earlier. They would have used more pictures from the desert or at least more would have leaked. Don’t tell me they send went through all that trouble to get her in a new outfit, have hair and make up on set just to take one useable photo. It’s not even consistent with Randee’s style.

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, Paulino999 said:

:crying4:

why why?! Did they scrapped the original video, the photo shoot with one of the best photographers  directors, in the world...

whyy:sobbing:

justice for make me ,

It frustrates me that her team only sees numbers and can’t appreciate art. Like I’m sure if they went to a museum they would just nitpick everything like what’s the purpose of this object? It’s not practical so why waste precious space? 

Isn’t that just another still? 

I doubt that was intended for the cover. 

I think either they scrapped the lachapelle images OR they were going to do another photo shoot but pushed the release up and used what they had from the video. There was like a two week period between Britney saying she had no idea when the album was coming out and then BOOM the release announced for the week of the VMAs and a video still being used.

On 1/26/2019 at 8:41 AM, I’mAMomNow said:

The photo of her in the desert was shot by Randee, not David. I don’t want to dig through old posts but there are receipts there. I think we were all surprised.

That's not true. Britney's team paid a lot for the music video and photoshoot but when the video was scrapped the photoshoot went too. Britney wouldn't go in the middle of the desert for one photo then use a music videos stills as her album cover and pictures. This is definitely davids work but he didn't want his name attached to this project once they rejected his vision. He took his name off this photoshoot and probably sold the rights to team Britney which gave it to randee to avoid confusion. They don't pay randee enough for her to take a team all the way to the desert for one photo. Randee is like the Payless of photographers. That's why her work is so cheap. Britney's team already spent a lot of money for something that got scrapped. They weren't going to do it again. Randee probably didn't even charge for the photoshoot since it was shot as the same day as the music video and included still from it. :demi:

57 minutes ago, misanthrope said:

Britney+team had a falling out with David LaChapelle during the shooting of the video. Thus why his images were not used for the album cover and why Make Me's original concept was completely scrapped and they quickly shot what we got and used stills for the album.

I’m aware of this. But what I’m saying is there may not have been a full conceptualized album shoot. The desert photo could have been only aimed for the single. I bet either way the team planned to do another photo shoot but didn’t end up having time because I’m pretty sure they moved the release up.

Archived