'Britney, Kill The Lights': A Britney Spears Setlist That's Pure. Satis. Faction.

Jordan Miller

• Leader

britney-kill-the-lights-setlist-breatheh

When Britney Spears returns to the stage, here’s a setlist she could consider…

Britney’s professional life is up in the air. Our fav announced an indefinite work hiatus, meaning there’s no clear indicator when she’ll make her big (don’t call it a) comeback. Earlier this year, Britney revealed she could no longer perform her second Las Vegas residency, Domination, after her father Jamie was hospitalized. Though he’s expected to make a full recovery, it threw a wrench in the well-oiled machine and forced the show to go dark… for now.

The overwhelming reaction from the Britney Army was a bit of relief, actually. Most of the songs destined for Domination were performed in Piece Of Me. Brit’s creative team, Nappy Tabs, spoiled a couple of surprises: “My Prerogative” and “Overprotected” were in the new show. See what other songs made the cut here. Regardless, fans judged the show with the information they were given and felt Britney looked uninspired.

I spent a couple of weeks revisiting Britney’s music for this post. I thought to myself, ‘if I were tasked with creating a setlist, what songs would I think fans like to see?’

I want to point out that, for the most part, I didn’t take the general public into account because I think that’s one of the underlying problems in Brit’s current state of affairs. The people who aren’t die-hard fans get catered to more – the casual fans who happen to be in Vegas and, oh look, Britney’s performing, I hope she sings that “Baby” song and the one where she’s a flight attendant. I think choosing to include the classics in Piece Of Me worked, but Domination needed something from an alternate universe, and that’s where Britney, Kill The Lights comes in; it’s the name I’m branding this pretend show; Domination feels cold.

Read the full story on the main page of BreatheHeavy! :) Thoughts?

https://www.breatheheavy.com/britney-kill-the-lights-setlist/

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I'd remove Perfect Lover and Showdown, we need Till the World Ends and maybe something else from BJ or Glory 

:schoolingtime::lessons::nyschool::xcuseme::whitneyshade::lemmetellu::pleaseshhh::holduplisten:

:snapney:

• Content Curators
41 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I'd remove Perfect Lover and Showdown, we need Till the World Ends and maybe something else from BJ or Glory 

If I ever hear ttwe being performed again I will pull my eyes out 

I CANT 

no MORE 

why can she say good bye 

then a wicked cool interlude 

then 

hold it against me 

boom 

14 minutes ago, Cigarettes&Cologne said:

please explain why we need her to remove a song she has never performed and a song she hasn't performed since 2004, for a song that has closed her shows since 2011 :ineedthetruth:

TTWE could easily be retired, as much as I keep saying it. Sure it’s one of her more recent anthems, but it doesn’t work as a performance - at least not in anything we’ve seen so far. It can’t really be performed with live vocals, the production makes it difficult to choreograph.. it would work as an interlude.

17 minutes ago, Cigarettes&Cologne said:

please explain why we need her to remove a song she has never performed and a song she hasn't performed since 2004, for a song that has closed her shows since 2011 :ineedthetruth:

because TTWE is better :heresthetea:

Or if we need songs that have never been performed or haven't been performed in a while, there are many others that are more entertaining than those two.

16 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

If I ever hear ttwe being performed again I will pull my eyes out 

I CANT 

no MORE 

why can she say good bye 

then a wicked cool interlude 

then 

hold it against me 

boom 

you can't take it, take it, take no more? :carpoolney:

It just needs to be performed in full and have a decent choreo once and for all. I could retire Womanizer instead. :yaknow:

Independently of TTWE, Perfect Lover and Showdown are just very boring to be performed, BOTH of them in the same show.

If ya'll want other Blackout or ITZ tracks, Ooh Ooh Baby, Heaven on Earth, even Get Naked, and Breathe on Me, Boom Boom or Don't Hang Up.

I'd put Tik Tik Boom and maybe Liar, Better or even from FF, Selfish or Gasoline. Or from the tracks she hasn't performed in years: What U See, Lonely, What It's Like to Be Me.

Archived