Femme fatale quick review?

Lorenzo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

Ok so my opinion on all the songs:

Till the World Ends: Easily one of her best singles on FF, on this decade and probably of her entire career. Catchy and not too dated now. I like the original more than the remix. :bparty:

Hold It Against Me: In 2011, it was a great choice for a single. Still, though, now it's kinda dated cus of the dub-step part, and the song doesn't become truly truly great until the last chorus. But I think it's still an awesome song. :tehe:

Inside Out: Contender for a single, but never got to be that. I could've seen it as the 5th single, tbh. It's a catchy song with references to her old songs, but I don't love the vocals that much. :hairflip:

I Wanna Go: Underappreciated bop tbh, could've been #1 single. It's fun and fresh, but I can see how it's aged a bit. :hehehe:

How I Roll: Maybe the freshest song on FF, still sounds really really good and kinda modern. I really like the lyrics and her voice here, it's kinda alternative to everything else in the album. :yeahhh:

Drop Dead (Beautiful): The Britney bits are great, but I still don't know how they got a mrs. no one to rap the cringiest verses on a Britney song to date. I end up skipping it because of Sabi. :brityawning:

Seal it With a Kiss: I think it's cute, but definitely dated. Still a bop tho. :prettyney:

Trouble for Me: Such a bop it's so underrated, it's really fun. Better than Trouble on Circus, I listen to it more than HIAM tbh :bop:

Trip To Your Heart: Like Seal it With a Kiss, cute but kinda meh and dated. I think it's a cool song :)

Gasoline: Could've been a single, I think the lyrics aren't great but the song SLAPS :kisses2all:

Criminal: I like it a lot, I like it as a single. Sounds quite different than the rest of the album, makes it a bit more interesting than most of the non singles. :brityes:

Up 'N Down: I have a love-hate relationship with this one, but I think I love it more than I hate it. It's really catchy, but I hate her vocals on the verses. Robotney was sure a thing back in 2011. :awks:

He About to Lose Me: Absolutely hate what the song is about, absolutely hate the Myah vocals and I always always skip it. Britney's part is alright. :mhm:

Don't Keep Me Waiting: Always forget this one exists, I don't really like the vocals and it's kinda meh overall. :ehum:

wall of text sorry haha

The album is dance/pop perfecton. It's cohesive, the production is flawless. The only problem with the album is the lack of 'soul' to it, on a fan side. She was clearly not involved with the creation process, barely any writing credits. But as a pop album, it's really, really good. 

17 hours ago, 2K16NEY said:

After Britney Jean, it’s my second least favorite album. 

Aside from the standouts: Inside Out, He About To Lose Me, Trouble For Me; the album is completely generic pop music. It’s something you’d expect from Katy Perry or Kesha.

No originality or experimentation. It’s just not very good.  :bedtime:

i 100% agree. i didn't hate the album, but it just doesn't do it for me like the other albums (minus britney jean). seemed pretty safe and sounded like every other pop girl out at that time 

Til The World Ends - good song/production, overhyped in my opinion.

Hold It Against Me - when it first came out it was wig snatching, idk if i just overlistened to it to the point that i'm still sick of it 9 years later, but i just dont like it today

Inside Out - prob my fav on the album. chill

I Wanna Go - fun song, classic britney. 

How I Roll - great! i still listen to this 

Drop Dead Beautiful - no. 

Seal It With A Kiss - eh... no

Big Fat Bass - eh.

Trouble For Me - good.. just good

Trip To Your Heart - good, but i always skipped it to be honest. have to revisit it since i haven't listened to it recently

Gasoline - it's ok, kinda corny 

Criminal - lol i hated this song. but it was ahead of it's time with all the flutes in rap music nowadays i guess lol

too lazy to include bonus tracks but those are usually always bangin

Listened to it a few days ago and it's reeeeally really dated I couldn't even listen to the songs in full :mj: I used to love it when it came out but now the production truly sounds awful to my ears. 

Drop Dead, Seal It with a Kiss, Big Fat Bass, Trip to Your Heart, Inside Out (my fave back then aww), Up N' Down are unlistenable and trash. 1/10 
Don't Keep Me Waiting is listenable but absolutely lame and useless... 1/10
Hold it Against Me, I Wanna Go, TTWE, Criminal, Trouble for Me, Gasoline, Selfish are catchy, yet ruined by that way too loud production. 3/10
He About To Lose Me is such a waste! Verses truly are good, great vocals, the pre-chorus build something, making you expect a nice chorus... and then everything collapse :jlostare: that damn flat "he about to lose me" repeated she does not even sing... kills it all. 3/10

How I Roll is the only good song on the album that I still truly enjoy. It sounds so fresh, and is catchy as hell. 8/10!!!!!!!

I don't care for this album much tbh I like it but I can't love it because Britney doesn't care for it much and I get a vibe she doesn't like it at all because we haven't really got any tracks other than Till The World Ends after FF era. I like Britney albums when she wants to be there and when she's fully engaged when I know she isn't all there I can't enjoy as much. 

1. Till The World Ends  : A great dance song, great for closing concerts.
  2. Hold It Against Me: Excellent strong song one of the best singles of the 2010s, my fave from this album.
  3.  Inside Out: Love it and feel its one of the songs where she's more engaged tbh vocally.
  4.  I Wanna Go: Its decent
  5.  How I Roll: Love it very adorable! 
  6. (Drop Dead) Beautiful: I don't care for this song but love the verses
  7.  Seal It With A Kiss: Least fave tbh
  8. Big Fat Bass: I actually like this song a lot tbh I bop to this with my friend a lot!
  9.  Trouble For Me: The verses are amazing!
  10. Trip To Your Heart: Love it because its Heaven On Earth Part II!
  11. Gasoline: Its an alright song
  12. Criminal: an alright song would of chosen a different 4th single tbh
  13. Up N' Down: Overrated song tbh
  14. He About To Lose Me: I think this should of been the 4th single tbh
  15. Selfish: ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS a fave criminally underrated!
  16. Don't Keep Me Waiting: Another criminally underrated song Love Rockney! 
  17. Scary: A HALLOWEEN BOP! 

1. Till the World Ends: one of my favourite songs ever, it's just perfect, I was so obsessed with it back then, and I still am :unreal:
2. Hold It Against Me: the instrumental is HOLY. Ugh, Dr. Luke's mind...I get CHILLS everytime I hear the bridge...Amazing song :orangu:
3. Inside Out: Should have been a single, great bop, love the production :makesomenoise:
4. I Wanna Go: Cute bop, not my fave, but I still **** with it, love the music video :bop:
5. How I Roll: Filler, skip...it's just not listenable for me, the lyrics don't make sense... :ehno:

6. (Drop Dead) Beautiful: the lyrics are cringe, but the song is kind of a bop, not that much though...:lollistare:

7. Seal With A Kiss: Love it, very good  :bparty:

8. Big Fat Bass: It's okay, just okay...:overitkbye:

9. Trouble for Me: Decent filler, it's cute :staysalty:

10. Trip to Your Heart: Love ittt. What a great bop. So cool. :CPKney:

11. Gasoline: Another great bop, I like it :madance:

12. Criminal: Very diff from what Britney has done, that flaute is everything, the music video is good too :comingthru:

13. Up n' Down: Sounds like a filler but it's actually enjoyable and good :hahayea:

14. He About to Lose Me: Ina Wroldsen's voice sounds good, that's all I'm gonna say :notfeelinit:

15. Selfish: It's cute, I used to love it but now I don't like it thtat much anymore :sobbing:

16. Don't Keep Me Waiting: Rock Britney is EVERYTHING :feelingmyself:

17. Scary: It's truly scary how this thing made it to the tracklist :ririshade1:

Archived