I'm converting Britney's videography to 60fps [Stronger added]

Stannedforever

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
21 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

:jamout:Well, the original video is about 30fps (frames per second). That's because it's standard in film industry and gives movies/tv shows and music videos that "cinematic feel". I doubled the frames with little bit magic :awks: So it's now 60fps giving it more fluid feeling. But this isn't real 60fps because the added frames are kind of motion blur between the real frames so it looks kinda weird but it's still so much fun to watch:janet:

It looks more real because our brain is capable to register a way lot more frames per second than 30 and the more frames per second you see the more information your brain gets. 30 frames per second is  choppy in my opinion but 60fps is often kinda soap opera-ish (because most soap operas are 60fps).

No, the standard is 24 frames. It’s what gives it the cinematic look. All movies are filmed in 24 and some tv shows. 

30 frames is what most tv and videos are filmed in and what gives it that sharp feel soap opera feel.  

Nothing is filmed in 60 frames, that’s way too much information that’s not needed and will rarely be used. I mean her fantasy commercial was shot on film and I got to see the raw footage when I went to the post production lab that worked on it. ( technically it’s not her, it was her stand in so I guess it’s nothing to brag about ) 

I went to school for film and work with these frame rates regularly. I shot a video in 60 for a client and they were put off by it so that’s why 30 is the norm. Although now with high def being norm it might change but so far I only see it mostly in action films .

On 11/2/2018 at 7:46 PM, If U Seek Me said:

Agreed. It's like people upscaling videos from 480p to 1080p and then saying they are HD videos. There's no point!* :gloria:

*Unless your TV is so bad at upscaling that it is better to feed it a 1080p source.

I agree! But to be fair some upscaling filters do a decent job, but It's dishonest to call it 1080p HD.

High sample rate/24-bit audio is another pet peeve of mine. It's completely useless since CD quality (16-bit, 44.1 kHz) was designed specifically to exceed the limits of human hearing.

6 hours ago, nels64 said:

This makes no sense. You would just be adding extra frames of the same thing between those 24 frames since most if not all of these were filmed on film. Converting to 60fps doesn’t do anything. 

Yup! The interpolation filters that are used try to change the frames in between to make it seem like motion in the video is in 60 fps. To me it looks mediocre at best, and annoying to look at.

20 hours ago, nels64 said:

This makes no sense. You would just be adding extra frames of the same thing between those 24 frames since most if not all of these were filmed on film. Converting to 60fps doesn’t do anything. 

:)The added frames are computer generated based the next and previous frames. It takes frame 1 and 2 and makes frame 3 between them by "blending" those two frames together. Sometimes it's great but sometimes it can cause weird things on screen. This is example of "bad frame". This frame is generated between scene change so it blended Britney's face with another scene, looking like early 2000s wallpaper :jj: 

example.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived