I'm converting Britney's videography to 60fps [Stronger added]

Stannedforever

Spoiler

Edit: there was originally just BOMT but i'm trying to add everything. Bookmark for more :evilpatrick:

...Baby one more time

Sometimes

Crazy
Born to make you happy

*missing FTBOMBH*

Oops... I did it again

*missing lucky*

Stronger

more coming soon... I will release missing videos later

EXTRA

24fps vs 60fps

Stronger (DIY ACAPELLA) 

just for fun :tehe:

FAQ

Spoiler

What's the difference between 24/30fps and 60fps?

24/30 is cinematic, 60fps is more lifelike. Britney's music videos are pretty dance oriented so you want to see all those beautiful fast dance moves in 60fps. fps means frame per seconds.

How do you do this?

I use sony vegas and plugin called "twixtor"

Youtube when?

Can't upload to youtube with original audio. Youtube strikes the video down before they are even watchable.

I DON'T LIKE IT I LIKE ORIGINAL MORE.

These are far from perfect. Converting 24fps video to 60fps is like adding flour to dough after the cake is ready. It can cause warps and weird artifacts on screen but these are just proof of concept, the original still exists:well:

What's taking so long.

Took me 20 minutes to render first 9 seconds of sometimes :imok:It takes about 9 hours to complete whole video and I have to do it overnight because I can't use my computer otherwise

It's not 60fps

I noticed that my phone won't play it in 60fps if I don't activate the "request desktop site" in my browser. 

Video notes

Spoiler

BOMT

This is poor quality and not fully 60fps, I just wanted to try if you guys like it, I will upgrade it later

Sometimes

There's some warping between scenes and artifacts when a lot of hair is moving on screen but otherwise this is pretty good and she's so pretty:imdying: Sorry, it's not the same iconic version that is on youtube but I couldn't find higher quality version so I had to use the version with less dancing.

Crazy

Lip are not very synced to singing for some reason :evilpatrick: There's also annoying black things flickering in top and bottom but that's fixable later

Born to make you happy

Again, the quality is not top notch. The changes are not that drastic and you notice the difference mainly on dance scenes

Oops...

Sorry for late upload :hiii:

Stronger...

This is the director cut-video (for quality reasons). In this video she's standing on the spinning chair near the end and there's no stars on the night sky at the end.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, WilderWein said:

Thanks for posting! I dont even get how thats possible!

It's called motion interpolation. It's made using an algorithm that tries to fill in what it thinks the missing frames in between would look like. This is exactly like that feature that some Smart TVs have. Personally I think it looks kinda bad and erratic.

1 hour ago, floopy22 said:

It's called motion interpolation. It's made using an algorithm that tries to fill in what it thinks the missing frames in between would look like. This is exactly like that feature that some Smart TVs have. Personally I think it looks kinda bad and erratic.

Agreed. It's like people upscaling videos from 480p to 1080p and then saying they are HD videos. There's no point!* :gloria:

*Unless your TV is so bad at upscaling that it is better to feed it a 1080p source.

6 minutes ago, Cigarettes&Cologne said:

can someone please explain what is going on, my brain registers it looks cool and funky and weird and very urban but i don't understand. i can't explain what i mean but the footage looks more 'real' than the original video :selenerz:

Yeah, some Smart TVs do that with some videos, they "fill in" the missing frames with what's supposed to be there, so in that way, some certain normal videos can be seen as "more real". Some VHS recordings can be converted like that too.

29 minutes ago, Cigarettes&Cologne said:

can someone please explain what is going on, my brain registers it looks cool and funky and weird and very urban but i don't understand. i can't explain what i mean but the footage looks more 'real' than the original video :selenerz:

:jamout:Well, the original video is about 30fps (frames per second). That's because it's standard in film industry and gives movies/tv shows and music videos that "cinematic feel". I doubled the frames with little bit magic :awks: So it's now 60fps giving it more fluid feeling. But this isn't real 60fps because the added frames are kind of motion blur between the real frames so it looks kinda weird but it's still so much fun to watch:janet:

It looks more real because our brain is capable to register a way lot more frames per second than 30 and the more frames per second you see the more information your brain gets. 30 frames per second is  choppy in my opinion but 60fps is often kinda soap opera-ish (because most soap operas are 60fps).

1 hour ago, Stannedforever said:

:jamout:Well, the original video is about 30fps (frames per second). That's because it's standard in film industry and gives movies/tv shows and music videos that "cinematic feel". I doubled the frames with little bit magic :awks: So it's now 60fps giving it more fluid feeling. But this isn't real 60fps because the added frames are kind of motion blur between the real frames so it looks kinda weird but it's still so much fun to watch:janet:

It looks more real because our brain is capable to register a way lot more frames per second than 30 and the more frames per second you see the more information your brain gets. 30 frames per second is  choppy in my opinion but 60fps is often kinda soap opera-ish (because most soap operas are 60fps).

:britlol: wow i learnt something today. who knew there was that much work involved to make something cinematic. thanks for making it and explaining 

6 hours ago, floopy22 said:

Yes, it looks disgusting. I hate when people leave the default settings on their TVs. :juggingu:

Archived