What was Britney's worst era? (Besides Blackout)

Urbanney

What was Britney's worst era?  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

Commercial "success" (her #1 songs are not even remembered by the gp and they didn't stay long in the charts) means nothing when she literally destroyed her personal image to the gp. I bet she hated that era too.

TTWE and IWG are quite known here where I live. Same as Criminal.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FF was bad for me. The album was decent at the time, but Britney looked miserable. Which is depressing to see. Britney’s heart wasn’t in it, so the videos were lackluster. And then the body double issue with TTWE. The MTV documentary with Sway was depressing. I did go to the FFT, and it was alright. Of course I had fun, it’s Britney. 

BJ era was just subpar. Work *****, video was good, it was a good song for Britney it put her on the charts. But it didn’t fit with the album. To this day, I’m still shocked that I never bought BJ. I never thought there’d be a Britney album I didn’t buy...

I’ll never get over the Mm video. I’d rather see BTI video. MM Video was just too cringey to finish. It’s like they tried to hit all the wrong marks!

2 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

And then the body double issue with TTWE. The MTV documentary with Sway was depressing. I

Why does everybody have an issue with Britney using a body double?:umwtf:
You can't even notice it unless you pause frame to frame. Plus, everyone uses stunt/body doubles. Why is it suddenly an "issue" when Britney does it? :joanne:

3 minutes ago, Inuyasha said:

Why does everybody have an issue with Britney using a body double?:umwtf:
You can't even notice it unless you pause frame to frame. Plus, everyone uses stunt/body doubles. Why is it suddenly an "issue" when Britney does it? :joanne:

Oh no, being the obsessed fan I am, I caught it without pausing lol. I’ve watched her body and face for so long that if anything is slightly off I notice. But the thing is, you’re right, body doubles are common. But growing up with Britney, she was always queen of the music videos. And at the time, I couldn’t wrap my head around it.

1 hour ago, really really cool guy said:

Commercial "success" (her #1 songs are not even remembered by the gp and they didn't stay long in the charts) means nothing when she literally destroyed her personal image to the gp. I bet she hated that era too.

All of the FF music is actually really well known to people my age (Early 2000's kids). Everyone popped their pu$$y to TTWE at an XV once:bop:

29 minutes ago, Inuyasha said:

All of the FF music is actually really well known to people my age (Early 2000's kids). Everyone popped their pu$$y to TTWE at an XV once:bop:

I think you’re hitting on something for me here. When it comes to Britney, for me, it’s always been about more than just great music. Hit songs are crucial, of course! But I need to “feel Britney,” when it comes to an overall era. That’s part of the magic for me. It’s why I still adore BOMT album to this day, despite the very outdated 90s sound. BOMT feels soooo Britney every track channels her essence. It is such a snapshot of Britney at that moment phase in her life.

55 minutes ago, Inuyasha said:

1 hour ago, Daxx said:

TTWE and IWG are quite known here where I live. Same as Criminal.

People don't have any of those songs in their minds when they think of Britney. They think of BOMT, Oops, Slave, Toxic, Gimme More, Womanizer, 3 and many others but no one remembers her #1 "mega hit" HIAM. It's like FF never happened, even WB alone had a stronger impact and that says a lot :juggingu:

Britney Jean because at the very least with every era we got an album of good music. Britney Jean gave us a handful of good songs, a decent music video, and some nice public appearances, but overall it was very disappointing. The controversy of the album will always make me cringe and feel uncomfortable.

I hate everything about FF even the album. I would honestly even rather listen to ******* :demi: So what if she did promo performances? They were all terrible.  And she seemed miserable so it was always sad to watch her during the FF era. She looked bloated and unhealthy and her eyes looked dead and sad. I thought she seemed really happy and healthy and adorable during the BJ era the only problem was it really wasn't much of an era :whatitellu: FF is my least fave, BJ is my second least fave.

• Super Mods

Femme Fatale is her worst, she didn’t look her best. She looked pissed off half of the time or sedated. She moved like a sloth onstage. She didn’t care and her face shows it which makes the era unenjoyable. 

Anybody remember that clip where she held that cup thing and rolled her eyes before the camera cut, it’s embarrassing how much attitude she gave. 

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, GemmaTeller said:

I hate everything about FF even the album. I would honestly even rather listen to ******* :demi: So what if she did promo performances? They were all terrible.  And she seemed miserable so it was always sad to watch her during the FF era. She looked bloated and unhealthy and her eyes looked dead and sad. I thought she seemed really happy and healthy and adorable during the BJ era the only problem was it really wasn't much of an era :whatitellu: FF is my least fave, BJ is my second least fave.

Me too, everyone likes to praise FF because the album sold well and it topped the charts but that was it. Not to mention FF is the reason we have the ever popular Randee for life. So **** THAT ERA!

1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

Femme Fatale is her worst, she didn’t look her best. She looked pissed off half of the time or sedated. She moved like a sloth onstage. She didn’t care and her face shows it which makes the era unenjoyable. 

Anybody remember that clip where she held that cup thing and rolled her eyes before the camera cut, it’s embarrassing how much attitude she gave. 

That one? I think FF wasn't bad overall. It gave us 4 singles and 4 awesome music videos... When will Glory or BJ? 

33 minutes ago, Freakshow__ said:

That one? I think FF wasn't bad overall. It gave us 4 singles and 4 awesome music videos... When will Glory or BJ? 

Why did she sound congested that whole era? It’s so mind boggling. :beynah:

Archived