REVIEW: Britney Spears' Vegas-style show borders on boring at Sands

onyxhotel09

24 minutes ago, generation glory said:

“Let’s not kid ourselves: Much of the attraction at a Britney Spears show is to simply see Spears,”

I’ve said this before. Majority of fans just want to SEE “Britney Spears”. They wanna be able to say they’ve done that. Check it off of their bucket list of things to do before they die. It’s like fulfilling a childhood dream to see her & the show or get a m&g pic. It’s nostalgia.

The music is a fun escape from everyday life and brings up good memories. There are still fans happily willing to spend thousands of dollars, put up with so much only to get so little and gladly choose to overlook everything that’s wrong with this show and what’s wrong with Britney the performer, just to SEE her in the flesh. The either do not care that the show is crap or they don’t see what everyone else sees out of blind loyalty to Britney. It’s bizarre. But to each their own. :yeahsure:

this. But dude this is rare chance to see her. Gaga canceled in Europe. It sucked. But it's for the good. You won't get many opportunities. At least I won't. They won't come to Eastern Europe anytime soon. Imagine how asian fans felt. Not to mention other places.  It's a lot of money and I am making them (opportunities to see my divas jam to ma favorite songs be part of the show). Life is hard. We need glitter and grace.

xoxo I feel so free with you

(and I fear we won't see the trio Pitbull Britn and Marc b4 august but all good all done wait and see)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This seemed like a very fair assessment of the show based on what we’ve seen and heard. The more pressing matter is the following: what random middle-aged music critic remembers “From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart” 20 years later? And further more, not only remembers, but still cares to this extent? It was on a record-setting album, but that particular single made zero cultural impact in itself. What an odd inclusion in the list of huge hits she’s failing to perform.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

I'm thinking of the Friends episode where Joey has bad reviews for a play and the gang rush around buying up all the copies of newspapers in the area so he doesn't have to see them :hahaha:

LMAO! i know that episode!! you are so right :shadelaugh:

1 hour ago, falka said:

People at venue were having a blast, They clearly didn't know, that criticks wont approve it :britoverit:

They have fun because its great to see her live and sing all those hits. I speak for myself. I was in heaven back in 2011, at the FF tour (which is her worse). But now i see it differently.

1 hour ago, Wouszz said:

She doesnt read it, Larry will say the reviews are all positive :tiffcackle:

To be honest, I think she knows about them but considers all of them as haters. I am sure she thinks she is doing a greaf job on stage. :wontcry: SHe even says she sings live. :lowkeyno:

3 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

I'm thinking of the Friends episode where Joey has bad reviews for a play and the gang rush around buying up all the copies of newspapers in the area so he doesn't have to see them :hahaha:

Forgot the Joey instance, but they did the exact same thing when Monica received a terrible review from a food critic. Ross bought every copy of the paper from all the newsstands in Manhattan, or something totally impossible like that. :selenerz:

10 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Forgot the Joey instance, but they did the exact same thing when Monica received a terrible review from a food critic. Ross bought every copy of the paper from all the newsstands in Manhattan, or something totally impossible like that. :selenerz:

Ohh yes maybe that's the one I'm thinking of! It's been a while since I watched it, must start again soon from the beginning :pumped:

Archived