Forget Ray of Light, We need her Bedtime Stories

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

Ray of Light who?

What Britney needs is her Confessions On a Dance Floor. The album that brought Madonna back after the flop that American Life was. :pleaseshhh:

I always consider Femme Fatale her Confessions On a Dance Floor, similar concept of only dance music. The only difference is Britney's had zero moments of vulnerability whatsoever, whereas Madonna's got more personal in the latter tracks.

4 hours ago, Saigemusic2 said:

Bedtime stories is literally one of Madonnas biggest snooze fests. No pun intended. I’m such a huge Madonna fan and this album for me is almost as low as her last three disappointing records.

Britney singing a song like “inside of me” or “secret” or “love tried to welcome me” is literally the most laughable thing I’ve ever heard. 

A snooze fest? I hope that's meant to be a pun bc of the album title. :tbh: Bedtime Stories is literally the epitome of a perfect R&B album, ****, sweet, personal and catchy. A freaking work of art compared to the completely unoriginal Hard Candy & MDNA. If you think it's a snoozefest because it's down-tempo R&B and not Big Fat Bass... well, agree to disagree. 

4 hours ago, armrunner1998 said:

A snooze fest? I hope that's meant to be a pun bc of the album title. :tbh: Bedtime Stories is literally the epitome of a perfect R&B album, ****, sweet, personal and catchy. A freaking work of art compared to the completely unoriginal Hard Candy & MDNA. If you think it's a snoozefest because it's down-tempo R&B and not Big Fat Bass... well, agree to disagree. 

Well I love big fat bass sooooooo yeah. 

5 hours ago, armrunner1998 said:

Hey Hard Candy was good. Like in retrospective, it was a good album. In my headcanon it was released before Confessions so it'd have been relevant :selenerz:

But yeah as a Madonna fan I agree. Love Bedtime Stories, Madonna should perform Take a Bow live sometime. If Britney could do that, it'd be amazing. But her team isn't gonna have her do a Human Nature, ever. And if they wanted her to do that she'd have done something like that after Circus or instead of Circus. But, the songs in Circus were the complete opposite of a personal, deep R&B album

10 hours ago, armrunner1998 said:

hard candy is orginal album, it is just not madonna style but i think she did great job, the album is full of bops. she's not me, give it 2 me, devil wouldn't recognize you, 4 minutes, ring my bell are highlights of the album. MDNA has masterpiece and it is one of the best songs in her whole career imo, she never dissapoints, even her worst album is MDNA is better than most of the pop albums today.

19 hours ago, Commotion said:

Hey Hard Candy was good. Like in retrospective, it was a good album. In my headcanon it was released before Confessions so it'd have been relevant :selenerz:

But yeah as a Madonna fan I agree. Love Bedtime Stories, Madonna should perform Take a Bow live sometime. If Britney could do that, it'd be amazing. But her team isn't gonna have her do a Human Nature, ever. And if they wanted her to do that she'd have done something like that after Circus or instead of Circus. But, the songs in Circus were the complete opposite of a personal, deep R&B album

I agree! She performed Take A Bow a few times during the Rebel Heart Tour (some Asian dates?) but I don't think her "heart" was really in it. It would be interesting to see Britney cover it, I feel like the vocal runs would sound even more beautiful with her voice :tiffanycries:

UGH and the conflicting feelings towards Circus continue

14 hours ago, sue the expectional earner said:

hard candy is orginal album, it is just not madonna style but i think she did great job, the album is full of bops. she's not me, give it 2 me, devil wouldn't recognize you, 4 minutes, ring my bell are highlights of the album. MDNA has masterpiece and it is one of the best songs in her whole career imo, she never dissapoints, even her worst album is MDNA is better than most of the pop albums today.

I mean, hard candy and MDNA aren't BAD albums by any means (Madonna's too amazing and doesn't have an awful team of people rushing her to produce a poor album... wink wink), but she just kind of followed/was slightly behind the pop trends at the time, when we all have expected her to be one who consistently innovates music with each album.

She was super experimental up through Music, and then briefly resumed it with Confessions, but since then I think she's felt obligated to just go with what people "want" since her career has already been so successful and she probably just wants to maintain that. :bigtime:

• 1 year later...

You know, for me it's really hard to compare Britney to Madonna. They are both icons but among some similarities, so different.

Their attitude is completely different, Madonna is a pretty cheeky person while Britney is humble.

Also Madonna's vocal abilities are very limited while Britney has potential, she can actually do good belts Madonna would never. :nonono:

Britney should really go vocal, but it's not happening until she's stuck with that flop team who forces her to reproduce her vocals from 2000... Sometimes I wonder if they use a sneaky little thing like imagination, because I think that real, live performances and a vocal album would bring her way more attention and sales than shitty EDM like Femme Fatale. I like Femme Fatale anyway so don't drag me but I'm really mad at people who never let her use her potential and at least TRY, like what the **** is wrong with you people? :badthoughts:

On 6/1/2018 at 2:39 AM, armrunner1998 said:

I always consider Femme Fatale her Confessions On a Dance Floor, similar concept of only dance music. The only difference is Britney's had zero moments of vulnerability whatsoever, whereas Madonna's got more personal in the latter tracks.

Blackout was more her Confessions on a dancefloor. I see Femme Fatale as her Fever by Kylie

Archived