Why Glory actually didn't "Flop"!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Bundy said:

I love SP but Blackout did well without any promotion at all. It wasnt just as successful as ITZ was. Its singles did well too, even BTI did better than SP and it had a mv without Britney that fans were pissed off at the time so they ended up not caring about the single anymore bc of its video.

Slumber Party had minimal promotion as well. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Whatever anyone says, Glory is a masterpiece.

It was truly a return to Britney's 'Glory', don't mind the pun ;)

But after BJ we were all really worried and she really brought it with Glory - fantastic album.

It's a shame the album didn't get the appreciation it deserved and that the album wasn't treated better or promoted enough.

5 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Slumber Party had minimal promotion as well. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Girl Britney didnt even promote Blackout... at ALL! And SB at least had a good video, BTI had an anime one that everyone was angry at the time lol 

2 hours ago, Bundy said:

Girl Britney didnt even promote Blackout... at ALL! And SB at least had a good video, BTI had an anime one that everyone was angry at the time lol 

2007 VMAs performance who? The promotion was very minimal, though.

She got press in 2007, people knew who she was (although sadly not for the right reasons), the general public didn't care about Britney in 2016. Slumber Party was also released as a single months after the album had lost then little momentum it had. 

13 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

2007 VMAs performance who? The promotion was very minimal, though.

She got press in 2007, people knew who she was (although sadly not for the right reasons), the general public didn't care about Britney in 2016. Slumber Party was also released as a single months after the album had lost then little momentum it had. 

But other than the VMAs that didnt help her at all, afterall Britney was ripped to shreds for that performance, she only gave an interview on the radio for Ryan Seacrest and that was it. She literally let the music speak for itself. Her personal life overshadowed blackout in every single way. Critics said nice things about the album, but people were still more interested in her behaviour, her custody battle and all the drama surrounding her. Britney was wayyyy more famous in 2007 but like u said, not for the right reasons. She became a tabloid target and they were obsessed with her being a "mess", not about her comeback. They wanted her to fail and loved when VMAs "gave" them more "reasons" to drag her. 

In 2016 she was lowkey, became a boring artist after the Vegas thing, but she still promoted the album more with the festivals, interviews. MM also had a performance at the VMAs. But yeah, the timing for SP was really stupid and no one cared about Tinashe. 

In retrospective, I like Glory much better than BJ for the music itself, regardless of the YouTube views, sales or certifications. The songs on Glory seem creative and quirky. Doesn't it sound like the Britney we're familiar with? I now feel ashamed of BJ's existence whenever looking back at Britney's discography or hearing any song from it (yes, Alien and WB included), although I used to bop to Passenger and Perfume when they first came out. Glory is underperformed on the charts; still it sounds like Britney (no Myah here) and some songs are actually written by herself. Period.

4 hours ago, Bundy said:

Girl Two completely different situations blackout came after a huge public meltdown... all eyes were on britney (fans and gp)... glory instead came after more than 1 meltdown for fans and she wasn’t on the radar of the gp anymore

50 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

Girl Two completely different situations blackout came after a huge public meltdown... all eyes were on britney (fans and gp)... glory instead came after more than 1 meltdown for fans and she wasn’t on the radar of the gp anymore

But I was talking about promotion and blackout didnt have any. Media and people were more interested in her personal life, the album was overshadowed. And people wanted her to fail, they were already saying she was a former pop singer among other things. 

• Super Mods
5 hours ago, Slayer said:

Whatever anyone says, Glory is a masterpiece.

It was truly a return to Britney's 'Glory', don't mind the pun ;)

But after BJ we were all really worried and she really brought it with Glory - fantastic album.

It's a shame the album didn't get the appreciation it deserved and that the album wasn't treated better or promoted enough.

It deserved a better cover and lead video...I will never let this go it could have been perfect :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Am I the only one who thinks she did a lot of promo for Glory. It may not have been good promotional stuff but there was quite a bit of it. Lots of smaller radio interviews plus some big stuff like Ellen, Jonathan Ross, Loose Women and Carpool Karaoke. 

I wonder if promoting an album really helps all that much in today’s day. 

On 5/2/2018 at 9:24 PM, sue the expectional earner said:

ah sweetie, we all know that. :sew:

edit: if you can consider glory is successful album, i wonder what do you think about adele's 21, taylor's 1989 or beyonce's BEYONCE :ipass:

glory flopped sweetie..

This.

Unfortunately, Glory was a hard flop, and flopped harder than Myah Marie Jean (MMJ) because atleast MMJ has over a million sales, which will take a decade for Glory to reach . Sorry, its the bitter truth :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

On 5/2/2018 at 9:28 PM, ATWK said:

1. They played everything except the singles. :cackling:

2. Isn't Rainbow certified at least Gold tho? :cackling:

3. Actually, people are comparing her to her peers, like Beyoncé and JT. :cackling:

4. That's because the people were too busy dragging the album itself. If I remember correctly, she was outpeaked by Kelly Clarkson's Xmas album in the US and peaked at #26 in the UK. Trust me, nobody calls BJ a hit album. :cackling:

5. A 2016 album is outstreaming albums from 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2011 and 2013. What a shocker... :cackling:

6. But Britney isn't one of us. She's ************* Britney Spears and someone of her status should be getting at least 100 million views for her lead single. :cackling:

Glory flopped, get over it. :sofedup:

PERIODT! Love this post, bodied everything i thought <3

Archived