Why Glory actually didn't "Flop"!

When Glory (a masterpiece) came out, people from all over the world where claiming it had "flopped quite a bit".... But Here's why it didn't flop!

1. Glory had amazing radio play - some even playing the whole album!

2. 100,000+ sales in a week is actually really good.  Considering Kesha's "Rainbow" got 90,000 sales in the first week and it was considered a successful album!

3. The only reason this is considered a "flop" is because people will compare it to her older albums (her career peak) and see the difference!

4. It actually done better than "Britney Jean" which was not battered as much for being a "Flop"

5. "Glory" Is actually one of her most streamed albums on spotify! 

6. Over 150 million views on YouTube should honestly be praised!  What would y'all be like if you had 150,000,000 views on youtube! Yeah, I Know!

And lets be honest, glory is and will always be one of her best albums

From the amazing vocals, to the catchy songs... Glory is always on our favourite eras!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. They played everything except the singles. :cackling:

2. Isn't Rainbow certified at least Gold tho? :cackling:

3. Actually, people are comparing her to her peers, like Beyoncé and JT. :cackling:

4. That's because the people were too busy dragging the album itself. If I remember correctly, she was outpeaked by Kelly Clarkson's Xmas album in the US and peaked at #26 in the UK. Trust me, nobody calls BJ a hit album. :cackling:

5. A 2016 album is outstreaming albums from 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2011 and 2013. What a shocker... :cackling:

6. But Britney isn't one of us. She's ************* Britney Spears and someone of her status should be getting at least 100 million views for her lead single. :cackling:

Glory flopped, get over it. :sofedup:

17 minutes ago, ATWK said:

1. They played everything except the singles. :cackling:

2. Isn't Rainbow certified at least Gold tho? :cackling:

3. Actually, people are comparing her to her peers, like Beyoncé and JT. :cackling:

4. That's because the people were too busy dragging the album itself. If I remember correctly, she was outpeaked by Kelly Clarkson's Xmas album in the US and peaked at #26 in the UK. Trust me, nobody calls BJ a hit album. :cackling:

5. A 2016 album is outstreaming albums from 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2011 and 2013. What a shocker... :cackling:

6. But Britney isn't one of us. She's ************* Britney Spears and someone of her status should be getting at least 100 million views for her lead single. :cackling:

Glory flopped, get over it. :sofedup:

Trust Me.... 705,000 is not a "flop"

If that's a flop then we must be talking 10m sales to be a success! 

I don't think it was a flop, but it wasn't a success. It was somewhere in the middle. It was a decent career stabilizer for that year, but she needed another hit on similar level of Make Me for it to be memorable. If she had two top 20 hits, it would've been more of a success. But it was more promotion for Vegas than her career as a music artist:sofedup:

Glory flopped. It’s great music but her streams are terrible. The videos can’t make it to 100 million. 

100k was from her devoted fan base that just keeps taking hit and hit. If she does 50k next album, I will be amazed tbh

The reach is so real with this fan base to say Britney is slaying but say they don’t care that she flops. :sofedup:

She is struggling because of the lack of care. Not because Glory was bad. 

• Content Curators
10 minutes ago, patr!ckjean said:

mmmmm.... no. Glory did very poorly for someone of Britney's caliber.

Next. :unbothered:

That's not true. Sometimes it's rather age and matter of longevity. Britney started in physical era, then survived digital era as well. But, I don't think her older fans will be enough to pull her through streaming. Therefore, an artist's caliber doesn't necessarily mean he/she should sell loads.

Imo, Glory was not a success in making noise or not even a milestone of her career, but it did enough to satisfy fans in terms of the material. People need to accept that besides Britney not trying, there are so many other factors she's not pulling in numbers like "Circus"

• Content Curators
19 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Glory flopped. It’s great music but her streams are terrible. The videos can’t make it to 100 million. 

100k was from her devoted fan base that just keeps taking hit and hit. If she does 50k next album, I will be amazed tbh

The reach is so real with this fan base to say Britney is slaying but say they don’t care that she flops. :sofedup:

She is struggling because of the lack of care. Not because Glory was bad. 

I honestly think Britney has had a good run. She peaked, then went through a dark phase, and rose again during "Circus". Nothing lasts forever. Madonna and Kylie aren't going to match their numbers either. We should be happy there is Xtina that's always gonna be in the bottom tbh.

3 minutes ago, Invitation said:

That's not true. Sometimes it's rather age and matter of longevity. Britney started in physical era, then survived digital era as well. But, I don't think her older fans will be enough to pull her through streaming. Therefore, an artist's caliber doesn't necessarily mean he/she should sell loads.

Imo, Glory was not a success in making noise or not even a milestone of her career, but it did enough to satisfy fans in terms of the material. People need to accept that besides Britney not trying, there are so many other factors she's not pulling in numbers like "Circus"

THIS!

:staysalty:

• Content Curators
18 minutes ago, BRSM_jl said:

I never heard any Glory songs on the radio.. Not even once. :slowdown:

It's a great album and it didn't get the recognition it deserved

Radio wasn't interested in playing her tbh. They'd rather play Katy Perry's flop single "Rise", which came out the same day.

9 minutes ago, Invitation said:

I disagree, but... okay. :sendinglove:

• Content Curators
7 minutes ago, patr!ckjean said:

I disagree, but... okay. :sendinglove:

Can you elaborate how you expect someone of Britney's caliber to perform in terms of sales, streaming? Like Adele, Taylor Swift, who came to the scene way later?

Miley Cyrus - Younger Now sold 272,000 pure sales WW as of Jan 2018. Glory's pure sales 355,000 as of 2017 Feb.

There will be a day where Taylor Swift falls, and it's most likely her next album, if she keeps doing pop. Katy Perry, Gaga are all not doing so well compared to their peak. 

54 minutes ago, Invitation said:

I honestly think Britney has had a good run. She peaked, then went through a dark phase, and rose again during "Circus". Nothing lasts forever. Madonna and Kylie aren't going to match their numbers either. We should be happy there is Xtina that's always gonna be in the bottom tbh.

200.gif

Archived