Why Glory actually didn't "Flop"!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

:surejan:.

Yeah and the general public don't exactly remember Blackout or give it much praise. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Sure, thats why Blackout was one of the highest selling albums of 2007, has been inducted onto the Rock and Roll Half Of Fame, recognized as the most influential pop album in the past few years by several music sites and the best-selling digital album in a week at the time :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

Sure, thats why Blackout was one of the highest selling albums of 2007, has been inducted onto the Rock and Roll Half Of Fame, recognized as the most influential pop album in the past few years by several music sites and the best-selling digital album in a week at the time :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

I ain't getting into an argument because we know that Slumber Party was a song ahead of its time and Blackout is better than Glory. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:.

Glory is also critically acclaimed. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

5 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

@Blackout2006 Britney co-wrote two beautifully written ballads on In The Zone, when will the lyricism of the songs she co-wrote on Blackout?

Thats because ITZ was supposed to be a personal project and mini-diary of her love life expressed through 14-tracks of 40 minutes in one album :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

However, Blackout was supposed to be Britney's escapism into her own chaotic world, when she was at her worst. Thats why we saw her talk more of having the time of your life, partying, losing your **** and having a chaotic life instead of talking of what actually was going on.

And not to mention as SHE was the Executive Producer of the Blackout, giving her the ability to choose which producers she wants to work with and which songs make the cut, and what sound she wants to pursue

Who cares tho :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

Britney's success relies almost entirely on her fans. She does not appeal as much as before to a newer public. So if it is more about quality than hits and bangers, I'm ok with that.

I would rather have a good album, like glory or blackout flopping than another FF garbage that go number 1 but is totally forgotten years later.

5 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

It sounds like 2018 pop music even though it was released in 2016. Ahead of it's time. Blackout didn't exactly do well on the charts yet it's considered influential. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

I love SP but Blackout did well without any promotion at all. It wasnt just as successful as ITZ was. Its singles did well too, even BTI did better than SP and it had a mv without Britney that fans were pissed off at the time so they ended up not caring about the single anymore bc of its video.

Archived