Did Britney lowkey hint at a Blackout era with this?

Body ache

The 2003 VMAs was lowkey tragic except for the kiss (Xtina upstaging her/getting more applause than her/Britney lipsynching) which is similar to the 2007 Vma performance. The kiss saved the performance but I cant help to think that no one knew about it except for the performers. I dont think she told her management cause they would have been against it. JT definitely didnt know **** about it. Was Britney lowkey rebelling against her management and JT before her official rebellion era? :anxiety:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't know, but I think her part on Like a Virgin is lipsynched. However she does sound like she's singing during Hollywood, unlike Christina which I can't hear again after Madonna comes out.

Exactly. :wigsnatched: Britney was live towards the middle to the end.

Britney started to be “over it” during the Britney era - fed up by rumors, media attention, and her label controlling her sound. 

It's actually quite crazy to think only 5 years passed from 2002 Britney to 2007 Britney.

Like, 5 years ago, we had X-Factor Britney, and here we are!

Anyway, this VMA performance remains an actual masterpiece.

4 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

No but Madonna sucked Britney's soul out. That's why it all went downhill after that! :imok:

Britney wishes she had Madonna's daring attitude, work ethics and inspiration.

It was about time that this im innocent but also ****/slutty conflict stopped.

I think you're reaching a bit... I think she was OK but still wanted to break free at some extent. I do believe she just got tired during the ITZ era and that was it. I do believe that Original Doll was her last attempt to make it alone, they were still controlling her, then she fires everyone, the world goes down on her, takes everything from her and she gives up. That's it.

5 minutes ago, Body ache said:

In the beginning when the audience applauded more for Xtina than Britney. Britney won in the end. The kiss saved her.

Xtina didn't upstage Britney at all during that perfomance. Xtina's cheers was short and sweet, but she didn't outshine Britney, or anyone else in that performance. Xtina is easily the most replaceable part of that performance.

2 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Xtina didn't upstage Britney at all during that perfomance. Xtina's cheers was short and sweet, but she didn't outshine Britney, or anyone else in that performance. Xtina is easily the most replaceable part of that performance.

Which is why I said Britney won in the end.

No. There was a bigger applause when Xtina came out, not because of her, but because omg Xtina is performing WITH Britney Spears!!! 

You need to remember at that time, Xtina had talked a lot of **** about Britney in the press. No one would’ve expected at that point in time that they would ever be friendly towards each other again, little lone perform together. The applause had nothing to do with Xtina as an artist.

90% of the general public wouldn’t even remember that Xtina was even apart of that performance. All the news coverage was about Britney and Madonna. They barely even showed her kiss thanks to producers cutting to Timberlakes reaction.

Plus it was pretty clear Britney was singing over backing track. There are live vocals there. Most artists have a backing track when singing live.

That whole performance and the aftermath were about Britney. It was tame for Madonna standards, Xtina was off the rails, yet at that point Britney was innocent. It was a big deal for her. It ushered in her “adult” career and was perfectly timed with ITZ.

As for the original question, Britney had been over it for a while by then. Pretty much after the Justin breakup and subsequent media scrutiny that followed Cry Me A River. Her reputation had fallen a bit by then and the media preyed on that. She was then tired and fed up by the time Onyx started and just wanted to have a normal life. I don’t see it having anything to do with Blackout though.

Archived