Honestly, do you think this is perfect timing for her to change

indyRS

43 minutes ago, BritintheZone said:

1.She cant go from britney to adele

2. She try to change her sound in her last albums and didnt go good

3. More mature? Whats mature for you guys? Singing about her kids?

1. No but she can go from 2017 Britney to 1998 Britney (as in, using her natural singing voice).

2. It didn't go good because it was marketed poorly.

3. Less ***. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The perfect time for a change was 10 years ago after Blackout. :lemmetellu: But no, her team clung to the innocent and **** pop star that only sells *** and and it has been like that since then.

But I do agree with you, she needs to change. I won't care about the sales if she truly shows interest for the album. I think it would be perfect if she sings live again at least a few songs (Glory was the perfect album to make acoustic performances but she wasted the opportunity), new choreographies and  more importantly, she has to write more personal songs. She has proven to be a great songwritter but she doesn't use that talent, not to mention that her team doesn't support her. Or at lease something else than just ***. I think if she releases another album full of lyrics about *** I'm out.

2 hours ago, me.against.the.b00ty said:

I think for her own sake she would fall back in love with performing if it was more raw and the way she wanted to; i.e. "little black dress, acoustic one take" as opposed to the overly produced shows we've had for 20 years.

But when she sang live on POM she said that it was "illegal" to sing/perform in that way. So I don't believe the "I’ve always wanted to do a performance like this"

55 minutes ago, BritintheZone said:

1. She doesn't have Adele's voice but she has a pretty good voice and she can sing really well if she wants to.

2. Because she didn't promote it and when she did it, it was a mess. And sadly, there are fans like who only want the pop anthems so if she releases something that sounds different, they don't like it. That happens when you've done the same thing for 20 years.

3. No, not about her kids but her personal experiences or at least about something different. Glory is 95% about ***. That's ridiculous. Do you really think that it's good for a 35yo woman to write and release songs only about that?  Even when she was younger her songs made more sense and you could actually relate to them.

5 hours ago, Intheblue said:

She should take a page out of Miley and Kesha’s book 

I understand if you think so because you liked the stripped down, guitar music. However, neither of those albums did very well. Miley’s album sold a third of what Glory did; and that’s coming right off a huge era (Bangers).

1 hour ago, blackoutguy said:

I understand if you think so because you liked the stripped down, guitar music. However, neither of those albums did very well. Miley’s album sold a third of what Glory did; and that’s coming right off a huge era (Bangers).

But I don't think she should chasing more "commercial" success at this stage of career.

Her problem has always been "person-wise."

She got some quite decent songs that could've been huge but her over all image is dated and not interesting to GP.

So why not let her do something different? 

She's a cool person. Let her be. 

(Britney-very-cool.gif)

7 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

She should have done it right after FF tbh. It would have been a drastic change and she just had a very successful era. It would have been risky and ballsy to do It then. Now I think it could easily come off as a desperate attempt to be different and relevant again. Obviously that would depend on how Britney and her team do it. Ive wanted it for years now because I just think that singing in a baby voice when you are 4 years away from 40 is.... cringy. So I really hope she gets a vocal coach and practices for 2 years without being in the public eye at all and then come back full force with a glamorous - vocal heavy era. At this point nothing she does would shock people as much as seeing her sing live and sound good.

Sounds like Ray of Light 2.0 is coming! :urite: 

6 hours ago, BritintheZone said:

1. Nobody wants her to be like Adele,idk where did that come from?

2. Umm no she didn't actually Circus,FF,BJ,Glory sound pretty much the same,she just jumped on trends and what was popular at the time,but at the end of the day it's electro dance pop music

3.well more mature in terms of lyrics

I honestly don't get what's their problem. Britney doesn't like "Britney Spears", but she loves playing characters. Let her be, then. Madonna did it, Marina did it, Beyonce did it, Gaga did it.

She could tap into different genres of music like disco, house, rock and do a cohesive album musically. She doesn't have to talk about her life (even though something like Madonna's Let It Will Be would be nice, where she reflects on her success) she could talk about life in general. nature, idek, something other than *** and love

9 hours ago, BritintheZone said:

"Clumsy, bangin'all over this bedroom"

Yeah, that's mature af....

4 hours ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

Or more stuff like TOMH. She can be **** but grown woman ****

Britney has been suffering from the same problems that have plagued Kesha and Katy Perry -- being marketed to 14-year olds.

Her record label and Team need to allow her to pivot and begin marketing her to grown-ups -- exactly what Kesha has done for her latest album. (Katy seems to be still stuck in the trap, though. :imok:

3 hours ago, Sidney Prescott's mother said:

1. Nobody wants her to be like Adele,idk where did that come from?

2. Umm no she didn't actually Circus,FF,BJ,Glory sound pretty much the same,she just jumped on trends and what was popular at the time,but at the end of the day it's electro dance pop music

3.well more mature in terms of lyrics

Number two: thank you. People acting like she changed her style rather than just followed trends and stayed the same.

41 minutes ago, Yukisenpi28 said:

Honestly what makes her happy as a singer and performer is what I want for her:forkit:

THIS.

It's so simple, yet so important. She should do what she really feels like doing deep inside so that it works and feels authentic. At this moment, if she says she wants to do a performance with a nice dress and just singing, I really hope her people would encourage her to do so.

13 minutes ago, TheCharmedTributes1 said:

tumblr_onar2anvPB1w48wlho1_400.gif

November 4, 2004

"Dear Fans,

I’m just getting back from my honeymoon and it was absolutely breathtaking! This is the happiest I’ve ever been in my life...

I haven’t really thought a lot about work lately. What better time for a greatest hits album to come out? I can actually enjoy & reflect on my success at this point in my life. I may be disappointing some fans out there, but I don’t think I’ll do another tour for a couple of years. My priorities in life have changed. I am having fun again reading all the magazines that I enjoy (mainly because I am not on them). At this point and time, what I want is not my face on every cover, but someone else’s instead. I really want to help other people achieve their dreams and possibly even develop new artists. Everything is in the very beginning stages and it feels great to just think about different opportunities that I am interested in pursuing...

Love, B

PS~ Regarding last week’s letter: I’m not the type of person to put blame on other people, but I do feel that some things which were done for me were not always in my best interests. Looking back, I feel now that on my 4th album “less is more” should have been the way to go. As for me quitting the business for good, that is kind of harsh. As I said earlier, my priorities have changed and I am going to be focusing on three main areas of my life for the immediate future. Myself, my husband, Kevin and starting a family. When I really come back, things will be totally different...

Love ya, B"

Archived