"I'm a Slave 4 U" turns Sweet 16 today

Itachi

At the very beginning, I really didn't like slave until a few years ago when I started feeling it. Nowadays, it's a career highlight and her second best lead single to me.

I really enjoy playing it on my speakers, in case some of you haven't, do it, because it sounds incredibly good (specially the beat). Besides, I think it has aged really well (probably the song which has better aged from the Britney album). And I think the lyrics can be kind of relatable, like feeling slave for someone and you cannot help it.

and obv the choreography which is, as we all know, iconic. So, chapeau to this moment in Britney's career.:urite:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Same here, I had been a huge fan since BOMT and was too young to appreciate "Slave" at the time of its release; I was especially turned off by the music video. Of course, since it was Britney, I still bought the album when it came out, but my favorite tracks were ones more akin to her previous teenybopper sound, like "Overprotected," "Not a Girl," etc. (Although "Overprotected" still slays).  :flawless:

But since reaching late adolescence, I became completely obsessed with "Slave," and it's remained one of my all-time favorite Britney tracks into adulthood. The choreography is also my favorite choreo she's ever done, it just looks so fluid, effortless, and really different from anything else she's ever done.:letitburn:

I love the performance from Rosie O'Donnell you posted above, even though the crowd was totally dead and the cameraman was awful. :Lshark:Letterman was great too (and obviously the VMAs).

I also love the "*** on Fire" remixes she started doing around the ITZ era:

LOVE THAT REMIX. I have it on my iPhone lol

Archived