I'm going to state the obvious

sarahbbyy

1 hour ago, dcooper29090 said:

I used to log on after every show up until half way through 2016 to see how she was hitting the moves, how she would look, how much passion she would be showing. Now I can't bare the thought of it. The show has become an absolute disgrace for a Britney Spears show. It's kinda redeeming to get little live songs here and there - it at least freshens it for a moment but nothing can make up for the absolute lack of care for her craft.

She is downright disrespecting the crowd who have forked out good money to see her by turning up on stage in ridiculous and hideously dull outfits with make up that looks like it's been applied in the dark. The "dancing" is at an all time joke of a level -No rhythm, no attitude,  the ******* hair fiddling,  knee jerking and goofy faces, literally is a soccer mom performing Britney songs. There is no way she doesn't realise that the show has become a crock of **** and it's just pure disrespect to not get her *** in the studio to rehearse and give the audience her best

She deserves no praise at the moment :pensiveney:.

Eh, I think it's disrespectful if she was going on tour for new music. Since her Vegas show is mostly just a celebration of her past that she does deserve credit for.... :wyd:

It's not like she is making any money on her recent album efforts or getting radio play. I think that is where the "punishment" comes from for not putting in an effort but she has worked hard her entire career just to be lazy now and make money from her legacy. What pisses me off is she does not do more than that. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, sarahbbyy said:

I agree completely! I don't understand that comment. I did not become a Britney fan because of her music or I love to see her dance PERIOD. Her mix of "I am a hot girl and don't give a ****" style of performing and hip hop/jazzy style of dancing is what made me love her past performances. She does not do that anymore. Now, she dances like any other pop star who CAN"T dance and I can barely get through it. You bet your *** I have never watched one full performance on YouTube and barely get through clips.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If POM was good and she greatly improved and added things all these years. Treated the music good. I would have no problem with Vegas. 

Obviously that was not the case. 

5 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If POM was good and she greatly improved and added things all these years. Treated the music good. I would have no problem with Vegas. 

Obviously that was not the case. 

Yeah but sometimes I think Britney does it on purpose. She ended it for a reason. Maybe it is to get more money and a better location but maybe she is sick of it right now and wants to do better. Why improve on a show though that is ending? We will see what she does next; I might be completely delusional

:brityeah:

2 hours ago, sarahbbyy said:

Yeah but sometimes I think Britney does it on purpose. She ended it for a reason. Maybe it is to get more money and a better location but maybe she is sick of it right now and wants to do better. Why improve on a show though that is ending? We will see what she does next; I might be completely delusional

:brityeah:

She had four years to give her all. Just Like she had a decade to become a great dancer. Nothing has changed 

7 hours ago, sarahbbyy said:

Eh, I think it's disrespectful if she was going on tour for new music. Since her Vegas show is mostly just a celebration of her past that she does deserve credit for.... :wyd:

It's not like she is making any money on her recent album efforts or getting radio play. I think that is where the "punishment" comes from for not putting in an effort but she has worked hard her entire career just to be lazy now and make money from her legacy. What pisses me off is she does not do more than that. 

it is not important if she uses the vegas shows to promote new music or not, people still pay to see her.yes they do it because they love britney and nobody forces them but britney still should give them a good show, not that completely lipped mess with ugly outfits, shitty choreographies and half assed dancing.

making money off an album is something else tho, it has nothing to do with having to perform good.ı don't really get what you are saying.

britney worked hard in the past and deserved everything she got, now she does the least she can do so she deserves less.

-

it would be great if she singed with backing tracks while performing up tempos (with decent choreos) and singed ballads live.

and ı would rather listen to her singing live than see her doing those horrible, stupid and ridiculous choreographies and half *** them.they can make different versions of the songs (acoustic, piano etc).she doesn't even need to change the slow ones.

5 hours ago, sarahbbyy said:

So, when rock stars sing live throughout their show's, they are only singing ballads? She is not Adele and I don't want her to be.

Britney is not much of a dancer anymore

:outwithit: (I know, and...)

(It's funny when you compare rehearsals to live performances: I wonder what happens)

Anyways, fans are so against this but maybe Britney is not just comfortable with dancing anymore, so she could make her whole act singing live. Fans are against it because they want to see her dance but to be honest, it has more to do with missing who Britney used to be when in reality, her Piece of Me moves don't necessarily work anymore, nor do they look good live. 

She does not even have to sound great. She could sing exactly like her covers and the Happy Birthday performance she did. She should make all of her performances live singing without dancing since it does not seem to make her as happy anymore. 

She seemed more comfortable singing. Maybe, eventually, she could go back to dancing when it makes her feel good but just sing for now. She could do a mini tour with some of her ballads, unreleased songs, and do a whole lot of cover songs.

What do you guys think?

You basically said that Britney should stand there and just sing live some songs, I didn't say it was a good or bad idea, I just said that it is unrealistic, considering that she's a pop act and entertainment is recquired in her shows, as well as dancing. 

The artist I imagine doing this is Madonna who can replace dancing with theatrics (Madonna: tears of a clown) but not Britney.

2 hours ago, lolo. said:

You basically said that Britney should stand there and just sing live some songs, I didn't say it was a good or bad idea, I just said that it is unrealistic, considering that she's a pop act and entertainment is recquired in her shows, as well as dancing. 

The artist I imagine doing this is Madonna who can replace dancing with theatrics (Madonna: tears of a clown) but not Britney.

Standing and not dancing are different though, which is why I am confused why almost everyone is making it out to be that I said that. Adele, Whitney Houston(may she rest in peace), Celine Dion, etc did that but they are some of the few non dancing singers as far as I remember that stand in one place the entire show. Most artists sing, move around, interact with the audience, dance(in a fun way, not choreography, which is what I meant), etc. They add other elements to their act besides choereographed routines.

Britney has always been very good at rhythm on stage. The Onyx Hotel Tour is the perfect example of that. When she was not dancing, she was still very exciting because she was able to walk and talk with so much (dare I say the dated slang term) swag and it was awesome. 

Realistically, she should only stand while singing ballads but even then, she could walk around because she has done that and looked comfortable doing that too.

I just think that her dancing is really disgraceful nowadays. The choreography is so embarrassing that it would be much more entertaining if she did not. Some of her routines are childish. It's just an idea that I am posting about. Plus, I also kinda said towards the end that giving up on dancing completely is unrealistic and that she should use her break to show off just her singing in a clever way and do mini things that requires her to dance less.

She should incorporate dance little by little until she is just comfortable owning the stage, period and actually getting comfortable with her voice live.

3 minutes ago, sarahbbyy said:

Standing and not dancing are different though, which is why I am confused why almost everyone is making it out to be that I said that. Adele, Whitney Houston(may she rest in peace), Celine Dion, etc did that but they are some of the few non dancing singers as far as I remember that stand in one place the entire show. Most artists sing, move around, interact with the audience, dance(in a fun way, not choreography, which is what I meant), etc. They add other elements to their act besides choereographed routines.

Britney has always been very good at rhythm on stage. The Onyx Hotel Tour is the perfect example of that. When she was not dancing, she was still very exciting because she was able to walk and talk with so much (dare I say the dated slang term) swag and it was awesome. 

Realistically, she should only stand while singing ballads but even then, she could walk around because she has done that and looked comfortable doing that too.

I just think that her dancing is really disgraceful nowadays. The choreography is so embarrassing that it would be much more entertaining if she did not. Some of her routines are childish. It's just an idea that I am posting about. Plus, I also kinda said towards the end that giving up on dancing completely is unrealistic and that she should use her break to show off just her singing in a clever way and do mini things that requires her to dance less.

She should incorporate dance little by little until she is just comfortable owning the stage, period and actually getting comfortable with her voice live.

Everything sounds great. That's a good proposal. 

I enjoy shows which incorporate tons of theatrics and entertainment instead of just dancing. That's far away from Britney's standards tho

2 hours ago, britisthecolor said:

making money off an album is something else tho, it has nothing to do with having to perform good.ı don't really get what you are saying.

britney worked hard in the past and deserved everything she got, now she does the least she can do so she deserves less.

What I am trying to say that not very many people are going out of their way to see Britney's show in Vegas. Vegas is the place where you go to see many different types of show for mindless entertainment. She is singing mostly a bunch of hits, so she could keep her legacy act going. It is easy money for someone like Britney who does not want to do anything else but work what it seems like a normal job since it requires less publicity and only a few hours.

I am not saying what Britney does is right. I am saying that she is not Beyonce or Taylor Swift. She is not making the kind of money they are, not getting the respect, publicity, or sales off of her new music because she is tarnishing her legacy as most people on this forum know, so of course when people are seeing her, they know that they are getting a show from someone who is not the same artist they once were.

Most people just want to spend a night out with their friends reliving their childhood and nothing more. She has worked hard her entire life, so she won't have to do much in the future. That is why she makes very little money from anything else or is successful at anything else.

She does somewhat get what she deserves. I mean, everyone acts like Britney is getting all sorts of benefits when it is really not the case. The show and it's money is nothing more than a retirement home and savings bond. 

4 minutes ago, lolo. said:

That's far away from Britney's standards tho

Yeah but if she made the effort, it would happen. Honestly, I know effort is not what she is really all about nowadays. However, it will make things much easier and gradually more fun for her if she just slows down and finds what makes her happy with performing and everything, considering happiness is not what she has been aiming for in the last 10 years.

On 25.08.2017 at 2:45 AM, sarahbbyy said:

What I am trying to say that not very many people are going out of their way to see Britney's show in Vegas. Vegas is the place where you go to see many different types of show for mindless entertainment. She is singing mostly a bunch of hits, so she could keep her legacy act going. It is easy money for someone like Britney who does not want to do anything else but work what it seems like a normal job since it requires less publicity and only a few hours.

I am not saying what Britney does is right. I am saying that she is not Beyonce or Taylor Swift. She is not making the kind of money they are, not getting the respect, publicity, or sales off of her new music because she is tarnishing her legacy as most people on this forum know, so of course when people are seeing her, they know that they are getting a show from someone who is not the same artist they once were.

Most people just want to spend a night out with their friends reliving their childhood and nothing more. She has worked hard her entire life, so she won't have to do much in the future. That is why she makes very little money from anything else or is successful at anything else.

She does somewhat get what she deserves. I mean, everyone acts like Britney is getting all sorts of benefits when it is really not the case. The show and it's money is nothing more than a retirement home and savings bond. 

still, her tickets are not cheap and she doesn't do her best.whether people know what they will get or not is not important.and it doesn't matter if she promotes new music or not.

Archived