I'm going to state the obvious

sarahbbyy

3 minutes ago, No Seas Cortés said:

Oh I totally agree she's stiff at the best of times these days... But I noticed that she tried harder during the BBMAs. The level of effort from her was clearly higher. That's what I meant.

People that think she will EVER dance like Primeney ever again are just setting themselves up for disappointment tbh.

Her knee is probably completely ****** due to her injuring it more than once.

And generally her body doesn't move the same anymore as it used to. Having kids can do that to your body and getting older can do it too - it doesn't happen to everyone - but maybe it has in Britney's case, who knows?

She might also have medical issues that affect her performance. We will never know what goes on but yeah, I guess her efforts is what needs fixing. Watching her lip sync Everytime at Piece of Me was embarrassing.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Oops... I did it again said:

I don't feel bad for her when people criticize her. She deserves it, because you know what? Britney doesn't know how blessed she is. She's blessed with great looks, a gorgeous smile, a killer body and an incredible career that few can replicate. I know she says that she's grateful but i don't think she is. I think she's insanely oblivious to how lucky she is. Millions of people have amazing voices and incredible dance moves and they're not half as successful as she is. Most of them can't even afford to leave their jobs to pursue their dreams because there's no guarantee. She gets away with a lot when you really think about it. She literally doesn't sing, dance or do anything on stage. Up until recently, her body and makeup weren't even on point. She goes on stage with a rat nest of a ponytail and raccoon eyes because she's lazy af to fix anything. She doesn't sing,.she doesn't dance. Nothing. Yet people still side with her and she gets millions every time she performs.

It's not even about jealousy. It's just annoying that there are literally millions of more charismatic, more talented, more x people out there who don't get half the credit and things she gets when she literally does nothing on stage. And don't tell me it's about production. Britney doesn't make the production. She hires people to do the lighting, stage, etc.. and she hires dancers who out-dance her. She doesn't even fit into the background anymore as a performer. If she were a regular person, she'd be off stage altogether. It's beyond humiliating what she's become.

Sometimes, I honestly cannot believe that she's the same performer who performed Me against the music at the Ama's in 2003. What happened to that electric performer whose strut alone made people feel things they've never felt before? Like, she has the body, the attitude, the looks, the flexibility, the production and all is missing is some ******* quality! 

Although this is a bit harsh it's truthful. Britney as a kid was very driven, wasn't afraid to show off her talent, had rhythm when she danced, attempted live singing much more often, and she did work hard. But lately she hasn't been showing these signs. It can be frustrating as a fan to think "If she can easily do better, why doesn't she?". It's also very frustrating to see her lip sync, barely dance or put much effort into her appearance. She really needs to step it up if she want to continue in the business. Many other like Beyonce and Gaga are being praised all the time for their work (specifically performances) whereas Britney is often criticized. She can definitely do better than what she's doing, MUCH BETTER.

I loved her recent live vocals but let's not get ahead of ourselves :gross:  Her catalog of hits just isn't really meant to be sung live, she needs to dance. No, her dancing in recent years is not good enough but that doesn't mean she needs to sing live all the time it means she needs to give a **** about her dancing and do better. Also just because she did a good job singing the other night doesn't mean she won't eventually get bored of singing and start skipping lyrics or using a weaker voice or something. It could get sloppy over time  like her dancing/choreography does as she gets bored. This was her first time singing live in so long so she cared more, it wasnt boring for her yet. She really needs to do a mix of singing AND dancing. One or the other isn't gonna cut it and she needs to care and not get sloppy with whatever she's doing. 

I feel it is laziness but also she gets bored. If you notice... everytime she added a new song to POM she always did the choreo decently the first few shows for example Pretty girls and DYWCO after a few dates it goes downhill. Same when she added new breakdowns and stuff. She doesn't really want to put in effort and she's always done this with every tour. I don't blame her... i'd get bored of doing the same thing for 4 years. So it's awesome POM is ending. Hopefully a nice break will revitalize her 

9 hours ago, sarahbbyy said:

Britney is not much of a dancer anymore

:outwithit: (I know, and...)

(It's funny when you compare rehearsals to live performances: I wonder what happens)

Anyways, fans are so against this but maybe Britney is not just comfortable with dancing anymore, so she could make her whole act singing live. Fans are against it because they want to see her dance but to be honest, it has more to do with missing who Britney used to be when in reality, her Piece of Me moves don't necessarily work anymore, nor do they look good live. 

She does not even have to sound great. She could sing exactly like her covers and the Happy Birthday performance she did. She should make all of her performances live singing without dancing since it does not seem to make her as happy anymore. 

She seemed more comfortable singing. Maybe, eventually, she could go back to dancing when it makes her feel good but just sing for now. She could do a mini tour with some of her ballads, unreleased songs, and do a whole lot of cover songs.

What do you guys think?

:CPKney:

Have you been to Vegas? I am wondering because the videos really do the show NO JUSTICE.

2 hours ago, GemmaTeller said:

I loved her recent live vocals but let's not get ahead of ourselves :gross:  Her catalog of hits just isn't really meant to be sung live, she needs to dance. No, her dancing in recent years is not good enough but that doesn't mean she needs to sing live all the time it means she needs to give a **** about her dancing and do better. Also just because she did a good job singing the other night doesn't mean she won't eventually get bored of singing and start skipping lyrics or using a weaker voice or something. It could get sloppy over time  like her dancing/choreography does as she gets bored. This was her first time singing live in so long so she cared more, it wasnt boring for her yet. She really needs to do a mix of singing AND dancing. One or the other isn't gonna cut it and she needs to care and not get sloppy with whatever she's doing. 

This is the point I've made.  Her dance numbers are not meant to be sung live but she clearly has a catalog of hits that can be sung live: Everytime, Lucky, Perfume/another ballad/mid-tempo;

That's three songs that can be incorporated into her show.  I think it would make a much, much bigger difference in the quality/perception of her show.

9 hours ago, No Seas Cortés said:

Oh I totally agree she's stiff at the best of times these days... But I noticed that she tried harder during the BBMAs. The level of effort from her was clearly higher. That's what I meant.

People that think she will EVER dance like Primeney ever again are just setting themselves up for disappointment tbh.

Her knee is probably completely ****** due to her injuring it more than once.

And generally her body doesn't move the same anymore as it used to. Having kids can do that to your body and getting older can do it too - it doesn't happen to everyone - but maybe it has in Britney's case, who knows?

Her knee is fine. Have you seen the things she does when she works out? All the knee bending dances she's done (like IUSA on the Circus tour). People need to let go of the knee excuse. She has done tons of things since she hurt it to show that it's not what's holding her back.

POM threads barely get five pages on a normal night. 

Ppl think the nondelusional ppl are watching videos every night of the show? Since I did... yes I did go see Pom in 2015 I've maybe watched six songs performed at Pom on YouTube. The Glory songs and the rare weird occasion like the cover song. 

I hate when ppl say that is why we don't like Pom...because we have seen it so much. . 

Is the light show cool in person... yes it is but if I want a light show I would go to our botanical gardens for $15.

:whitney:

I used to log on after every show up until half way through 2016 to see how she was hitting the moves, how she would look, how much passion she would be showing. Now I can't bare the thought of it. The show has become an absolute disgrace for a Britney Spears show. It's kinda redeeming to get little live songs here and there - it at least freshens it for a moment but nothing can make up for the absolute lack of care for her craft.

She is downright disrespecting the crowd who have forked out good money to see her by turning up on stage in ridiculous and hideously dull outfits with make up that looks like it's been applied in the dark. The "dancing" is at an all time joke of a level -No rhythm, no attitude,  the ******* hair fiddling,  knee jerking and goofy faces, literally is a soccer mom performing Britney songs. There is no way she doesn't realise that the show has become a crock of **** and it's just pure disrespect to not get her *** in the studio to rehearse and give the audience her best

She deserves no praise at the moment :pensiveney:.

22 minutes ago, dcooper29090 said:

I used to log on after every show up until half way through 2016 to see how she was hitting the moves, how she would look, how much passion she would be showing. Now I can't bare the thought of it. The show has become an absolute disgrace for a Britney Spears show. It's kinda redeeming to get little live songs here and there - it at least freshens it for a moment but nothing can make up for the absolute lack of care for her craft.

She is downright disrespecting the crowd who have forked out good money to see her by turning up on stage in ridiculous and hideously dull outfits with make up that looks like it's been applied in the dark. The "dancing" is at an all time joke of a level -No rhythm, no attitude,  the ******* hair fiddling,  knee jerking and goofy faces, literally is a soccer mom performing Britney songs. There is no way she doesn't realise that the show has become a crock of **** and it's just pure disrespect to not get her *** in the studio to rehearse and give the audience her best

She deserves no praise at the moment :pensiveney:.

Agreed.  Her suggesting that her family is ahead of her career as a basis for her performing is nonsense.  Look at Jlo.

I don't think that posting these videos every night is an excuse either.  In 2015/2016 she was mostly good; particularly with her better costumes back then and better energy.

Not every single number was great here, but her energy was mostly excellent throughout.  She showed a lot of personality here. (Granted the camera person was a real pro, which isn't always the case with Piece of Me)

And she does care about her appearance.  Just look at how she looks in her fragrance ads.

So something in 2017 is off.

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

Ppl think the nondelusional ppl are watching videos every night of the show? Since I did... yes I did go see Pom in 2015 I've maybe watched six songs performed at Pom on YouTube. The Glory songs and the rare weird occasion like the cover song. 

I hate when ppl say that is why we don't like Pom...because we have seen it so much. . 

I agree completely! I don't understand that comment. I did not become a Britney fan because of her music or I love to see her dance PERIOD. Her mix of "I am a hot girl and don't give a ****" style of performing and hip hop/jazzy style of dancing is what made me love her past performances. She does not do that anymore. Now, she dances like any other pop star who CAN"T dance and I can barely get through it. You bet your *** I have never watched one full performance on YouTube and barely get through clips.

Archived