I'm going to state the obvious

sarahbbyy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Oops... I did it again said:

I don't feel bad for her when people criticize her. She deserves it, because you know what? Britney doesn't know how blessed she is. She's blessed with great looks, a gorgeous smile, a killer body and an incredible career that few can replicate. I know she says that she's grateful but i don't think she is. I think she's insanely oblivious to how lucky she is. Millions of people have amazing voices and incredible dance moves and they're not half as successful as she is. Most of them can't even afford to leave their jobs to pursue their dreams because there's no guarantee. She gets away with a lot when you really think about it. She literally doesn't sing, dance or do anything on stage. Up until recently, her body and makeup weren't even on point. She goes on stage with a rat nest of a ponytail and raccoon eyes because she's lazy af to fix anything. She doesn't sing,.she doesn't dance. Nothing. Yet people still side with her and she gets millions every time she performs.

It's not even about jealousy. It's just annoying that there are literally millions of more charismatic, more talented, more x people out there who don't get half the credit and things she gets when she literally does nothing on stage. And don't tell me it's about production. Britney doesn't make the production. She hires people to do the lighting, stage, etc.. and she hires dancers who out-dance her. She doesn't even fit into the background anymore as a performer. If she were a regular person, she'd be off stage altogether. It's beyond humiliating what she's become.

Sometimes, I honestly cannot believe that she's the same performer who performed Me against the music at the Ama's in 2003. What happened to that electric performer whose strut alone made people feel things they've never felt before? Like, she has the body, the attitude, the looks, the flexibility, the production and all is missing is some ******* quality! 

What Britney should be doing is incorporating a number of sung ballads/mid-tempos ;   I don't think she would have much negative press at all if she did this.  And when she does her next tour or comes back to Vegas (hopefully a number of years from now) she should do this. 

17 minutes ago, Fudgeney said:

I love Britney but if she becomes a singing act I don't think ill Stan anymore. Ill still be a fan but her dancing is what always made her different from the other pop acts and what made me become obsessed with her :cutesybrit:

So, you still like her as a dancing act with the performances that we get today? You prefer THAT over her singing?

1 hour ago, sarahbbyy said:

Yeah but if she is too lazy, then she should just sing like she did for that cover recently. It's a lot less work for her. It will probably just make her throat sore.

But her songs are not for just standing on stage and singing. She is a dancer, a performer, an entertainer she doesn't have vocals like Adele, so she should keep this way but with way more effort.

1 minute ago, sarahbbyy said:

So, you still like her as a dancing act with the performances that we get today? You prefer THAT over her singing?

I think she's capable of better dancing and Britney's dancing is what made her amazing in my mind. But yes I would still prefer the lipping mediocre dancer Britney than the live no dancing Britney. Like I said I'd still be a fan because I love Britney but it just wouldn't be the same.:lollipop:

1 minute ago, AndrejBLV said:

But her songs are not for just standing on stage and singing. She is a dancer, a performer, an entertainer she doesn't have vocals like Adele, so she should keep this way but with way more effort.

Exactly.  That's why her concert should have ballads/mid-tempos sung live and interspersed throughout the show.  Replace something like 'If U Seek Amy' with 'Lucky'.  'Perfume' and maybe another could be added, and pre-recording some of her dance songs like 'I'm a Slave 4 U' should be done.

There would obviously be much less criticism of her show.

13 minutes ago, AndrejBLV said:

he doesn't have vocals like Adele

Neither does Taylor Swift but she still seems to keep her success running. I am not saying she should just stand. Britney's uncomfortable nature right now has more to do with the choreography than just the dancing, so once she gets more comfortable singing while being energetic on stage doing it, then she could gradually make her choreographies better and she could have the whole package.

I also said that she should just do a tour with live singing, a small one with her just showing off her voice. I am not saying she should change her style permanently. She is done with Piece of Me at the end of the year and working on music. She should do more live singing shows in the mean time, after December.

Just now, JJones12992 said:

OK but she still worked hard to get to where she is. Is she "lazy" now? I guess, but we don't know the whole story about her. 

Yeah, if you think about all the dance classes, gymnastics, auditions, moving around that she had to do, then you would never call her lazy, considering most us did not go through that pressure.

1 minute ago, JJones12992 said:

How about complaining that someone like Kylie Jenner never had to lift a finger in her life, and makes millions out of makeup kits made in China. 

Eh, if we has the resources, would we not be doing what they are? :verycool:

It should be pretty evident by now that BRITNEY IS JUST A LAZY *** ***** SOMETIMES, TBH.

• She can still nail choreo WHEN SHE WANTS TO (this has been clear, for instance at the BBMAs - probably the best she's danced since the Mannequin leaked rehearsal video - but still not Primeney good)

• She could easily sing CERTAIN SONGS LIVE (even if they are out of her vocal range now, they can adjust the key, rework the style and/or pick lower range songs for her)

• She does VERY LITTLE PROMO these days - for the last 2 albums we've have minimal promo besides music videos and the odd performance, and 1 or 2 singles per album is just pointless and seems a waste of good material (well in Glory's case anyway) and it may be partially due to Vegas constraints but we can't just put it down to that.

I think it's down to her putting her home/family life before her career and she is perfectly entitled to do that if she wants, but I feel if she agrees to do something (like shows, albums etc.) she could easily put more effort in and try a bit harder than she does sometimes.

I think that for her, the career isn't her priority anymore - her happiness is. And based on how unhappy she so obviously was way back when she put her career first, I think it's the best thing for her and her health.

8 minutes ago, JJones12992 said:

True. But it bothers me that she has millions of fans and people who look to her just because she slaps her name on lipsticks. But whatever

Yeah, it is a lot of money in their pocket just by having fans. However, there are some lazy(or delusional) reality stars who have projects that fail. Heidi Montag talked about being better than Michael Jackson, being as big as Britney and she got her *** handed to her. No one bought her album and some Britney fans actually the music. God works in mysterious ways

:brit:

1 minute ago, No Seas Cortés said:

at the BBMAs - probably the best she's danced since the Mannequin leaked rehersal video)

I know the fans loved the BBMAs performance but she got a lot of criticism for her dancing during that too because her body was very stiff. It is still not the primeney or even Janet at her old age level that people want to see from her. Her choreography is also bad and she does not make it look any better.

:girlwhat:

4 hours ago, sarahbbyy said:

Anyways, fans are so against this but maybe Britney is not just comfortable with dancing anymore, so she could make her whole act singing live. Fans are against it because they want to see her dance but to be honest, it has more to do with missing who Britney used to be when in reality, her Piece of Me moves don't necessarily work anymore, nor do they look good live. 

She does not even have to sound great. She could sing exactly like her covers and the Happy Birthday performance she did. She should make all of her performances live singing without dancing since it does not seem to make her as happy anymore. 

Tbh it would feel sooooooo weird to watch her just standing&singing her songs. Like most of her songs are ****** or just very entertaining. Can you imagine her singing Freakshow/BOM/Oops/GM/Work *****/Toxic without doing anything? It would make it so weird and uncomfortable, it's like she wouldn't embrace the songs' "mood" anymore. 

The only way it could be possible would be an acoustic concert. And tbh I'd do anything to see her doing a show like that.

5 minutes ago, sarahbbyy said:

I know the fans loved the BBMAs performance but she got a lot of criticism for her dancing during that too because her body was very stiff. It is still not the primeney or even Janet at her old age level that people want to see from her. Her choreography is also bad and she does not make it look any better.

:girlwhat:

Oh I totally agree she's stiff at the best of times these days... But I noticed that she tried harder during the BBMAs. The level of effort from her was clearly higher. That's what I meant.

People that think she will EVER dance like Primeney ever again are just setting themselves up for disappointment tbh.

Her knee is probably completely ****** due to her injuring it more than once.

And generally her body doesn't move the same anymore as it used to. Having kids can do that to your body and getting older can do it too - it doesn't happen to everyone - but maybe it has in Britney's case, who knows?

Archived