question about Mood Ring's lyrics

Acai Berry

"And now I'm falling for you
I turn to golden from blue
And you do too"

This doesn't really make any sense? :ponderney: Golden represents the feeling of being unsettled, nervous etc. while blue represents the feeling of being calm, relaxed, happy (and when it's dark blue then someone is in a romantic, dreamy, sensual mood)
So why is her mood ring turning from blue to golden? Why is she feeling unsettled, nervous, stressed out if she's falling for someone? Shouldn't she feel happy and be in a romantic, sensual mood? :beynah: Or is it because you feel nervous when you fall in love with someone for the first time? Can someone explain it to me?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Horse

Couldn't it even mean the exact opposite?

Blue as in blue mood, feeling blue could just mean feeling bad? While golden could mean "prime"?

Or that's impossible, lol? I thought about it  this way, maybe I am absolutely in the wrong haha

But just asking, just asking

Either way, it could absolutely go either way in these cases.

New found love could make somebody nervous in some cases, somebody absolutely calm in others...

12 minutes ago, Acai Berry said:

"And now I'm falling for you
I turn to golden from blue
And you do too"

This doesn't really make any sense? :ponderney: Golden represents the feeling of being unsettled, nervous etc. while blue represents the feeling of being calm, relaxed, happy (and when it's dark blue then someone is in a romantic, dreamy, sensual mood)
So why is her mood ring turning from blue to golden? Why is she feeling unsettled, nervous, stressed out if she's falling for someone? Shouldn't she feel happy and be in a romantic, sensual mood? :beynah: Or is it because you feel nervous when you fall in love with someone for the first time? Can someone explain it to me?

5 minutes ago, Diamond Horse said:

Blue as in blue mood, feeling blue could just mean feeling bad? While golden could mean "prime"?

Or that's impossible, lol? I thought about it  this way, maybe I am absolutely in the wrong haha

New found love could make somebody nervous in some cases, somebody absolutely calm in others...

^^ I believe that's correct, and "gold" and "blue" are used to represent the typical emotions they're associated with in media rather than an actual mood ring/spiritual stuff/any other form. Blue's usually represented as sadness or is relied upon heavily in dark scenes/films/whatever, while gold usually can be found in hopeful things/sunrises and sunsets/etc. But that's just my guess.

1 minute ago, Diamond Horse said:

But just asking, just asking

3 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

^^ I believe that's correct, and "gold" and "blue" are used in the typical emotions they're associated in media rather than an actual mood ring/any other form. Blue's usually represented as sadness, while gold usually can be found in hopeful things/sunsets/etc. But that's just my guess.

I mean when you say "I feel blue" then you mean that you feel sad so that might be one of the interpretations of the lyrics but then again the song is about a mood ring that shows the emotions of a person that wears it, and blue on a mood ring means something totally different... :mhmsureny:
I also found another explanation of the colors: when mood ring turns gold it could also mean that the person is really emotional and blue could mean that the person is super calm. So maybe if mood ring turns to golden from blue then someone gets really emotional.

4 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I still don't understand why they don't put this up on iTunes and streaming services now. It's been a year :calculating:

it's on Spotify... but only on Japanese version of it :rihstare:

6 minutes ago, Acai Berry said:

I mean when you say "I feel blue" then you mean that you feel sad so that might be one of the interpretations of the lyrics but then again the song is about a mood ring that shows the emotions of a person that wears it, and blue on a mood ring means something totally different... :mhmsureny:

This is very true. Part of me wants to say they weren't taking a real mood ring into account when they wrote it; but that's not entirely their fault if its the case, because I think if you did write each color to represent what they meant, the general opinion would be confused on why it was used unless they look it up, because the blue = sadness, red = love/lust/passion, gold = happiness/hopefulness, white = innocence, etc, thing is so ingrained in our brains.

I also found another explanation of the colors: when mood ring turns gold it could also mean that the person is really emotional and blue could mean that the person is super calm. So maybe if mood ring turns to golden from blue then someone gets really emotional.

But now, see, that could easily be the case. If it is, that would totally make sense. :mhm:

3 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

This is very true. Part of me wants to say they weren't taking a real mood ring into account when they wrote it; but that's not entirely their fault if its the case, because I think if you did write each color to represent what they meant, the general opinion would be confused on why it was used unless they look it up, because the blue = sadness, red = love/lust/passion, gold = happiness/hopefulness, white = innocence, etc, thing is so ingrained in our brains.

Yeah, people could've been confused by the lyrics because not everyone knows what mood ring is and what do certain colors represent (when they appear on a mood ring). I still think that it'd be cool if the writers of the song actually did the research about mood rings and I like the version with golden being "emotional" and blue being "calm"... but hey, it's just a song and everyone can interpret it however they want to :) 

4 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

It's an exclusive for a reason. There would be no point for collectors and the Japanese CD market if all the exclusives were going to be worthless in a year.

The ppl had a year to buy it though. It's not like CDs are a huge thing now :outwithit:

Im just looking at it giving Glory more streams, which it desperately needs. 

Guest Diamond Horse
10 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

But now, see, that could easily be the case. If it is, that would totally make sense. :mhm:

Yeah, we should never forget "five star Michelin" :mhm: 

But then again, I am sure Britney would like to leave it to free interpretation and we definitely can.

5 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

thick ******* are thick. 

blue = feeling down

golden = feeling good

he makes her feel good and she makes him feel good.

stop overanalysing :jackk:

The song is called "Mood Ring" and there's "nothing on her body but the mood ring".
When mood ring turns blue, it means that the person is calm, relaxed, happy. When mood ring turns golden, it means that the person is nervous and unsettled. I'm not overanalysing, the song is literally about mood rings. I get that the writers may have wanted to go with the definition of colors that we are used to but it doesn't change the fact that mood rings' colors mean something different. :) 

Just now, Acai Berry said:

The song is called "Mood Ring" and there's "nothing on her body but the mood ring".
When mood ring turns blue, it means that the person is calm, relaxed, happy. When mood ring turns golden, it means that the person is nervous and unsettled. I'm not overanalysing, the song is literally about mood rings. I get that the writers may have wanted to go with the definition of colors that we are used to but it doesn't change the fact, that mood rings' colors mean something different. :) 

do not ******* annoy me tonight too tired for this **** :nyheadache:

in the WESTERN world. Blue means feeling down. Feeling Golden means feeling good.   You are saying the opposite....

Feeling golden means feeling unsetlled and nervous? wtaf :weirdmeout:

When mood ring turns blue, it means that the person is calm, relaxed, happy. When mood ring turns golden, it means that the person is nervous and unsettled. I'm not overanalysing, the song is literally about mood rings. I get that the writers may have wanted to go with the definition of colors that we are used to but it doesn't change the fact that mood rings' colors mean something different. :) 

The lyrics didn't specify it was the mood ring that appeared those two colours though :outwithit:

5 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

do not ******* annoy me tonight too tired for this **** :nyheadache:

in the WESTERN world. Blue means feeling down. Feeling Golden means feeling good.   You are saying the opposite....

Feeling golden means feeling unsetlled and nervous? wtaf :weirdmeout:

Honey, which part don't you understand? The song is about MOOD RINGS. The definition of colors appearing on a mood ring is DIFFERENT from the definition of colors that we're used to. I literally wrote it in my previous post.

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania mood ring color meanings

1 minute ago, idkidk25 said:

The lyrics didn't specify it was the mood ring that appeared those two colours though :outwithit:

They didn't but Britney sings that there's nothing on her body but the mood ring. She turns to golden from blue, and the only thing about her (on her) that has the ability to change colors is... her mood ring :) 

16 minutes ago, Acai Berry said:

Honey, which part don't you understand? The song is about MOOD RINGS. The definition of colors appearing on a mood ring is DIFFERENT from the definition of colors that we're used to. I literally wrote it in my previous post.

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania mood ring color meanings

They didn't but Britney sings that there's nothing on her body but the mood ring. She turns to golden from blue, and the only thing about her (on her) that has the ability to change colors is... her mood ring :) 

You can use colours to describe your moods, blue usually describes sadness, and golden is a colour that is shinny and bright, clearly she was singing she turned to golden (happy, shinning) from blue (sad, down). Like you said, in the mood rings chart, blue means loveable or romantic, golden means tired, the lyrics wouldn't make any sense if she was singing the mood ring colours. The only logical explanation is she was singing about her feelings, not the colours on the ring. (Hope that make sense to you lol) :snapney:

Archived