My niece thought Britney copied Selena Gomez...

Alice X

2 hours ago, The Holy Spearit said:

Selena is so bland, basic and boring. Truly the McDonalds of Pop.

Very true lol inoffensive is popular these days. Songs like Touch of my hand, Breathe on me, and Everytime are classics. Britney really owns the mid tempo sensual jams and it's crazy how young she was making this kind of timeless pop. None of these new girls can get close to that level. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, lolo. said:

Sometimes I wonder if Britney herself can acknowledge her own achievements. Selena's sound is partially influenced by that sound used in ITZ (and in some many other albums), so basically Glory cannot be influenced by Selena when it's basically influenced by Britney's old sounds (smt which was even confirmed by the EP):triggered:

:clap:

Plus, aside from using some of the same songwriters & producers, Glory is nothing like Revival.  

10 hours ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

Lol I'm glad someone else shares this opinion. I listened to Revival when it came out because of the hype and I was just underwhelmed. Glory is a great album and very versatile like a pumped up Circus without the dance tracks. 

Revival  is an underwhelming & depressing listen, which makes the comparisons even more insane.  Vocally,  she's completely devoid of any personality or coloring and that does absolutely nothing for me.  I give her props for striking out and making it big as a pop star but she truly is the definition of basic.  Glory showcases Britney's distinct vocal personality and capabilities really well.  :brit:

1 hour ago, Jill Valentine said:

Revival  is an underwhelming & depressing listen, which makes the comparisons even more insane.  Vocally,  she's completely devoid of any personality or coloring and that does absolutely nothing for me.  I give her props for striking out and making it big as a pop star but she truly is the definition of basic.  Glory showcases Britney's distinct vocal personality and capabilities really well.  :brit:

Agreed!! Her music is very soulless and her musical identity is nonexistent. She's not the only poster with those problems but given her lack of talent it's an even bigger issue for her. 

• Super Mods
On 8/1/2017 at 5:17 AM, BoyToySoldier said:

This is what I mean when Britney's pretty stagnant when it comes to a newer generation. They're aware, but they don't really get how big she really is. It really doesn't matter how much Britney claims "Selena Gomez is a new inspiration", when she's already been doing these sultry midtempos since 2001. It's almost as if there's a new a Britney post Circus that isn't aware of who she really is either..

I mean you can say the same with the past legends. Like back then I didn't really know who Madonna is, like I know her but like I didn't know how big she was and my older cousins were big stans. I mean it's gonna happen, every artist has their peak. I mean Madonna is trying hard to appeal to the youngsters and she's just coming off as a nark. 

18 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I mean you can say the same with the past legends. Like back then I didn't really know who Madonna is, like I know her but like I didn't know how big she was and my older cousins were big stans. I mean it's gonna happen, every artist has their peak. I mean Madonna is trying hard to appeal to the youngsters and she's just coming off as a nark. 

No she isn't? I mean Hard Candy and MDNA were trendhopping but it's not like she overtly tries to appeal to a younger generation, she doesn't need to when she still has a fanbase that gets her 100k pure sales first week and sold out arena world tours 4 decades into her career.

I want that for Britney but she's just not set on artistic evolution and hasn't progressed since Blackout. Larry keeps talking about her "Ray of Light" in the works, but where is it? :mattafact:

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

No she isn't? I mean Hard Candy and MDNA were trendhopping but it's not like she overtly tries to appeal to a younger generation, she doesn't need to when she still has a fanbase that gets her 100k pure sales first week and sold out arena world tours 4 decades into her career.

I want that for Britney but she's just not set on artistic evolution and hasn't progressed since Blackout. Larry keeps talking about her "Ray of Light" in the works, but where is it? :mattafact:

They need to stop saying that constantly. Britney is actually a Madonna fan and I doubt she sees her album as Ray of Light. He comes off like a blogger who just repeats the only Madonna album he knows lol. 

Archived