MTV Announces Nominations For The 2017 VMAs

Jordan Miller

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Tbh it's quote obvious there is NO RCA artist in the list aside of Miley Cyrus with Malibu. It's obvious that RCA doesn't have the best interest in their acts......

Plus,

Pop music as we know it, is dying. Britney, Madonna, Gaga barely chart like they used to, even Demi is "flopping" and she was considered a new big thing years ago. Ariana doesn't top the charts either but manages to have a hit here and there. Only Swift, Adele, Beyonce, Bruno and such artists seem to accomplish gaining #1 hits and or albums + award nominations.

RIP pop music as we know it. We saw it coming

Music has it's waves and Britney needs to do another upbeat album like FF less Autotune and more hard beats make people dance.

Not surprised, and I know award shows, specifically this one, are tired and dead. 

But the fact that Britney helped make the vmas, and they use her for promo, and then don't even nominate her when she is obviously deserving of one is insulting. Ariana getting best choreo over SP has me HEATED. Sure it's pretty irrelevant to be vid of the year, but it def deserves best choreo, or collab, or cinematography. It's not like they didn't know it, they wrote articles on it I believe. Not even mentioning them only giving Britney justice from 2008-2011, when it was a trend since her comeback. 

Seriously I'm quite mad at this, and I rarely get mad about these things. F_ck you MTV. 

Idk why ppl are mad. This list wasn't surprising at all. I think all the songs nominated were huge songs or were memorable. Britney had neither this year. The only thing I'm confused with is Ariana grande for artist of the year. And Katy for best direction for that flop bon appetit. The video was horrible. :-/

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
44 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

So why is Down nominated? A #42 peak with a shitty video? :tiffcackle: 

Popularity or money/blackmailing:shameless:

38 minutes ago, Justney said:

I might be the only one but i seriously hate that they took out the female and male awards. :mattafact: 

IKR this is giving me 2007 VMA category teas.

Quadruple Threat of the Year

Most Earthshattering Collaboration

Monster Single of the Year

They changed and added these in 2007 then they vanished the new categories suck.

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

LMFAO these noms are so payola'd. That Rihanna video came out like last week. What the **** is Down doing there? It's a flop and a **** video. :tiffcackle:

Isn't Wild thoughts video 1 or 2 months old? But there is something fishy about that Fifth harmony nomination i agree. The song flopped.

These nominations seem more about the songs and less about the video.

Like Selena Gomez Bad Liar was one of the most interesting storylines in a video, all year. I like 5H but all they did was dance in a hotel thr entire video. Lana's Love deserved a special effects nomination. Britneys Slumber Party deserved Best Choreo nomination as well.

1 hour ago, DoSomething954 said:

Idk why ppl are mad. This list wasn't surprising at all. I think all the songs nominated were huge songs or were memorable. Britney had neither this year. The only thing I'm confused with is Ariana grande for artist of the year. And Katy for best direction for that flop bon appetit. The video was horrible. :-/

down by 4H

giphy.gif

Just now, JP9101 said:

not me:kesha:

Hahaha it wasn't at anyone specific! I just always see people dragging the performance around here (yet again as I type this I realized, it's more her execution of it people aren't into).

Either way I'm not surprised it wasn't nominated. People hardly know of it, and if the award shows are rigged like some think, I don't think Britney or her team care enough to buy the awards. 

46 minutes ago, button said:

Isn't Wild thoughts video 1 or 2 months old? But there is something fishy about that Fifth harmony nomination i agree. The song flopped.

I heard they're performing, explains a lot :tiffcackle:

Just now, LBoggie said:

I'm surprised Tinashe didn't get nominated for Best Choregraphy for "Company." That whole video was a dancing.  

THIS, like what the **** :calculating:

4 hours ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Not for nothing but we all knew MTV wouldn't nominate one of the biggest flop singles in Britney's career. MTV is all about popularity, they pick what's making more success. Slave lost best dance to Can't Get U Out Of My Head. Toxic lost voty to Naughty Girl (lol), weren't there some artists who said they would walk out if Britney didn't win that? Anyways, Britney will only be nominated again when she gets a hit, she seems to not want one so that isn't happening soon, if ever. Let's not forget 7/11 by Beyonce was nominated for SEVERAL categories including voty:dead: Kanye exposed Beyonce for blackmailing MTV to win voty for formation, so add to that that if u blackmail MTV that's another way to get a vma.

Agreed. Although I was wondering how Boys got a nomination in 2003 when it is Britney's biggest flop in the US. It was Maroon 5 who said they will walk out if Britney didn't win anything during the 2004 ceremony (I'm not sure if they actually did though). :weusay:

Slumber Party did not make any impact at all. If it was a modest hit, it could have scored nominations in Best Collaboration and Best Choreography, because wtf are those nominees. :embarrassney: If Make Me... had its original video, it would have had bigger chances of being nominated because it charted better than SP. But instead we got a video of laughing hyenas and seagulls. :ririshade2:

Archived