MTV Announces Nominations For The 2017 VMAs

Jordan Miller

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, OneLife said:

I will try to explain somehow... what I tried to say is that each year the same people choose the nominations, and apparently it goes according to their taste... and that's why it's no longer surprising that there are ridiculous nominations... and probably it won't change in the future...

Lol hope you understand something because I got lost trying to explain myself in English:calculating:

oh I see - don't worry thanks for explaining - I appreciate you trying with the language barrier :) 

45 minutes ago, Bxnes said:

Video of the Year 
Kendrick Lamar - "HUMBLE." (TDE/Aftermath/Interscope) 
Bruno Mars - "24K Magic" (Atlantic Records) 
Alessia Cara - "Scars To Your Beautiful" (Def Jam) 

DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna & Bryson Tiller - "Wild Thoughts" (Epic Records/We The Best)
The Weeknd - "Reminder" (XO/Republic Records)

These two videos were awful. :tiffcackle:

Seriously................................

Side to Side, Down, Humble, Fade, and The Greatest for Best Choreography?????

Whatever happened to music videos with TRUE choreography and actual dancing getting nominated? Because of course there wasn't one this year, right MTV???

:whitneyshade::whitneyshade::whitneyshade::whitneyshade:

They didn't even nominate THIS video for Best Choreography and the entire things is just him dancing.........

And don't even get me started on some of the other nominations......a random Weekend song I've never heard of nominated for Video of the Year along with Scars to Your Beautiful and Wild Thoughts? Okay. If Bruno doesn't win for 24K Magic I'm NEVER watching this show again! 

And Shawn Mendes, Fifth Harmony, and Harry Styles in the Best Pop category??? I have no words.....

#JUSTICEFORSLUMBERPARTY

So the VMAs are called the BET Awards?

At least Beyoncé isn't nominated.

I knew Britney wouldn't be nominated.

The only thing that will have me watch it now is if someone worth watching is on there either performing or just plain appearing. We all both know Britney won't be there.

Guest Brichney.

Remember when Slave lost to Can't Take You Out of My Head for best dance? Yeah, I stopped taking MTV seriously since then. :mattafact:

1 minute ago, Brichney. said:

Remember when Slave lost to Can't Take You Out of My Head for best dance? Yeah, I stopped taking MTV seriously since then. :mattafact:

I didn't start watching until 2008. The internet talking about Britney in 2007 made me watch 2008. Since 2012 MTV VMAs was a joke... To me.

51 minutes ago, OnMyMiNd04 said:

MTV disgusts me. They use Britney's **** for promotion every ******* year & then they don't even nominate her. **** these lame *** award shows. They're a joke now anyway. 

Right?!?! ******* disgusting how she's treated. HOWEVER if she would put in a proper campaign for her albums and promote then Glory almost 100% would have been nominated. They cannot nominate songs most people don't even know exist...

1 minute ago, Mayenaise said:

Right?!?! ******* disgusting how she's treated. HOWEVER if she would put in a proper campaign for her albums and promote then Glory almost 100% would have been nominated. They cannot nominate songs most people don't even know exist...

That's true too. If she wants commercial success, she has to work for it. There's only so much that we can do as fans.

Archived