MTV Announces Nominations For The 2017 VMAs

Jordan Miller

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not shocked that Britney wasn't nominated but i agree why nominate these videos?

Isn't it the Video Music Awards? It used to be special but now it seems like it's just another award show that hands out awards to popular artists. It almost seems like it has nothing to do with the quality/content of videos that are being nominated. 

Sadly I was born in 2002 and I'm apart of this younger generation that is growing up with these artists and boring award shows. Most of the younger generation don't know how awesome the pop stars and award shows like the VMA's were back in the day.  It's disappointing that I wont be able to personally experience the excitement that used to come along with these shows. (Sorry for the long rant its just disappointing:otears:)

42 minutes ago, ScoHay said:

So the VMAs are called the BET Awards?

At least Beyoncé isn't nominated.

I knew Britney wouldn't be nominated.

The only thing that will have me watch it now is if someone worth watching is on there either performing or just plain appearing. We all both know Britney won't be there.

why would they be called the BET Awards? bc of black artists? what do you have against beyonce? in case you haven't noticed pop music is not mainstream, hip-hop and r&b are. hip-hop and r&b artists have dominated music for the past 4 years or so. the gp is not interested in pop music now 

34 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

They've always been a bit dumb, but now they''re really a joke, I mean I love Britney to pieces, but giving her 3 moon men for POM after snubbing so many of her actually amazing videos was just ridiculous/ stupid and how in the ******* world did Naughty Girl beat Toxic for video of the year in 2004! They're just a popularity contest now honestly!

One word: Beyonce.

MTV love her. I mean they even nominated 7/11 for VOTY in 2015 even though it looks like a homemade movie filmed on a camcorder from 1999. And last year they made up that best long form award just to nominate Lemonade and give it to Beyonce (as I think she won that award) and she got to do that longass performance as well which went on forever. I'm actually surprised she didn't get anything this year.

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You

Not for nothing but we all knew MTV wouldn't nominate one of the biggest flop singles in Britney's career. MTV is all about popularity, they pick what's making more success. Slave lost best dance to Can't Get U Out Of My Head. Toxic lost voty to Naughty Girl (lol), weren't there some artists who said they would walk out if Britney didn't win that? Anyways, Britney will only be nominated again when she gets a hit, she seems to not want one so that isn't happening soon, if ever. Let's not forget 7/11 by Beyonce was nominated for SEVERAL categories including voty:dead: Kanye exposed Beyonce for blackmailing MTV to win voty for formation, so add to that that if u blackmail MTV that's another way to get a vma.

13 minutes ago, MM said:

why would they be called the BET Awards? bc of black artists? what do you have against beyonce? in case you haven't noticed pop music is not mainstream, hip-hop and r&b are. hip-hop and r&b artists have dominated music for the past 4 years or so. the gp is not interested in pop music now 

Well... Beyoncé is literally everywhere. She's annoying to me. Everyone thinks she's like some Holy Goddess. If the general public isn't interested in pop music, then in 2018 I'll just cut mainstream out for good and go strictly AC Christian. The VMAs have been trash since 2012.... Maybe longer to some.

6 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Let's not forget 7/11 by Beyonce was nominated for SEVERAL categories including voty:dead: Kanye exposed Beyonce for blackmailing MTV to win voty for formation, so add to that that if u blackmail MTV that's another way to get a vma.

Damn he did? Kanye is a legend :quirkney:

Just a quick look to the "Video of the Year" to see that this show has turned into a joke.

Kendrick Lamar – “HUMBLE.”

Alessia Cara – “Scars To Your Beautiful”

DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna & Bryson Tiller – “Wild Thoughts”

The Weeknd – “Reminder”

36 minutes ago, Wetney said:

I'm not shocked that Britney wasn't nominated but i agree why nominate these videos?

Isn't it the Video Music Awards? It used to be special but now it seems like it's just another award show that hands out awards to popular artists. It almost seems like it has nothing to do with the quality/content of videos that are being nominated. 

Sadly I was born in 2002 and I'm apart of this younger generation that is growing up with these artists and boring award shows. Most of the younger generation don't know how awesome the pop stars and award shows like the VMA's were back in the day.  It's disappointing that I wont be able to personally experience the excitement that used to come along with these shows. (Sorry for the long rant its just disappointing:otears:)

I feel you :tifftear: I was born in 2001 and these new artists really don't bring it anymore

I dont know any of the nominated MV of the year :sickofu:

MTV giving music awards these days it's not what it used to be, it is no longer a music channel, the way music videos reach the current audience is 200% different than how they used to. 

A VEVO awards would.make much more sense than MTV tbh. MTV has the nostalgia of what it was. 

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
25 minutes ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Not for nothing but we all knew MTV wouldn't nominate one of the biggest flop singles in Britney's career. MTV is all about popularity, they pick what's making more success. Slave lost best dance to Can't Get U Out Of My Head. Toxic lost voty to Naughty Girl (lol), weren't there some artists who said they would walk out if Britney didn't win that? Anyways, Britney will only be nominated again when she gets a hit, she seems to not want one so that isn't happening soon, if ever. Let's not forget 7/11 by Beyonce was nominated for SEVERAL categories including voty:dead: Kanye exposed Beyonce for blackmailing MTV to win voty for formation, so add to that that if u blackmail MTV that's another way to get a vma.

@Justney u just upvoted me, where have you been? Missed you:tifftear:

Archived