• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Chico101 said:

Just a few of the MANY reasons why MTV VMAs are a joke:

1. Britney in her prime never won an award. :girlwhat:

2. Piece Of Me won multiple VMAs including VOTY. :calculating:

3. Side to Side being  nominated for Best Choreography. :triggered:

My list could go on but I hope GOT finale SLAUGHTERS them in the ratings.

None of y'all better watch these awards because this is the height of f*ckery and has been going on for TOO LONG :lemmetellu:

Piece of me was actually a good video though, what was it even up against? 

41 minutes ago, JJones12992 said:

Piece of me was actually a good video though, what was it even up against? 

Girl let's be honest.

POM's video was mediocre at best, ESPECIALLY for a Britney video. POM's only redemption was that its budget was visibly bigger than Gimme More.

Anyways, when looking back at Britney's videography, of all the videos she's done, you mean to tell me that PIECE OF ME was the only worthy of being VIDEO OF THE YEAR?

VMAs are rigged and in 2008 they CLEARLY rigged it for Britney...:jolieoverit:

7 hours ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Tbh it's quote obvious there is NO RCA artist in the list aside of Miley Cyrus with Malibu. It's obvious that RCA doesn't have the best interest in their acts......

Plus,

Pop music as we know it, is dying. Britney, Madonna, Gaga barely chart like they used to, even Demi is "flopping" and she was considered a new big thing years ago. Ariana doesn't top the charts either but manages to have a hit here and there. Only Swift, Adele, Beyonce, Bruno and such artists seem to accomplish gaining #1 hits and or albums + award nominations.

RIP pop music as we know it. We saw it coming

What are you talking about? Yes to what you said about Britney, Madonna, and Gaga. Demi's lead is still rising, in fact, billboard thinks it could be a top 10 for her. All of Ariana's singles apart from Everyday hit the top 10, and Side to Side was in the top 5. That's a smash, and it's pop. Katy still hit the charts hard with her lead, and Miley still got a top 10. Pop is still alive, just in a different form. Music is always evolving.

7 hours ago, Wetney said:

I'm not shocked that Britney wasn't nominated but i agree why nominate these videos?

Isn't it the Video Music Awards? It used to be special but now it seems like it's just another award show that hands out awards to popular artists. It almost seems like it has nothing to do with the quality/content of videos that are being nominated. 

Sadly I was born in 2002 and I'm apart of this younger generation that is growing up with these artists and boring award shows. Most of the younger generation don't know how awesome the pop stars and award shows like the VMA's were back in the day.  It's disappointing that I wont be able to personally experience the excitement that used to come along with these shows. (Sorry for the long rant its just disappointing:otears:)

YAS! People from our generation don't respect or understand the impact of the great pop icons. Tbh people don't understand my love of Britney and late 90's early 00's pop music. Everyone today is obsessed with either Beyonce or horrible rap acts. I relate girl!:tiffsniffle:

On 24.7.2017 at 6:02 PM, breatheheavy said:

MTV announced the nominees for the 2017 VMAs via Instagram Live. Kendrick Lamar leads the pack with eight nominations, including Video of the Year for “HUMBLE.,” Artist of the Year, and Best Hip-Hop. Katy Perry and The Weeknd scored five nominations apiece. It's worth noting the VMAs have introduced a 'Best Fight Against The System' category, and dropped any gender-specific awards.

Can't wait for the meltdowns when they realize that this will have the complete opposite effect.

Women will get LESS nominations now.

Btw...I love me some Coldplay, but how is that even remotely ROCK???

12 hours ago, Chris343 said:

I understand fade, but side to side....down.... sis come on :gloria::queenie:

#vmaswhathappened

I don't know why Down is there.

But Side to Side was brilliant. The lyrics of the song with the imagery of a cycling class (perfectly timed for the SoulCycle, etc craze that was rising in fitness) was particularly clever, straddling the fence of innocence and raunchiness. The bike choreography, as well as the dancing in the locker room scenes, flow through the video naturally and seamlessly. It didn't hit a billion views for no reason: it's one of the most perfectly executed pop videos of the 2010s.

8 hours ago, Itachi said:

Agreed. Although I was wondering how Boys got a nomination in 2003 when it is Britney's biggest flop in the US. It was Maroon 5 who said they will walk out if Britney didn't win anything during the 2004 ceremony (I'm not sure if they actually did though). :weusay:

Slumber Party did not make any impact at all. If it was a modest hit, it could have scored nominations in Best Collaboration and Best Choreography, because wtf are those nominees. :embarrassney: If Make Me... had its original video, it would have had bigger chances of being nominated because it charted better than SP. But instead we got a video of laughing hyenas and seagulls. :ririshade2:

I just saw Itachi and pressed upvote :flawlessbye:

Archived