(POLL): Which Britney song has been the worst choice to be a single?

jamesedward94

Which Britney song has been the worst choice to be a single?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My choice is Criminal. There were SO many bops on Femme Fatale, and I think this was definitely the wrong direction to go in. I Wanna Go did really well and was a top 10 hit. The momentum was very strong. I think she could've easily had another big hit or two if they chose another upbeat, catchy bop that radio would've loved, and there were plenty to choose from: Drop Dead Beautiful, Gasoline, Up N Down, Selfish.....even if they went with something slower they could've chosen Inside Out. 

Why did the fans choose Criminal??? I will NEVER understand this.......smh

Criminal halted what could have been a 5+ singles era. There were much more melodic love/relationship songs with interesting production (Inside Out, Trip To Your Heart, Trouble For Me) and dubstep-infused pop anthems (How I Roll, Seal It With A Kiss, Up N Down, one could debate Drop Dead Beautiful but that Sabi verse.... but, hey, a lotta popular rap features have horrible lyrics) that could have extended the era. First era with three top 10 hits, radio was at Britney's feet and her video views were great. Slow, boring production, explicit-for-no-reason music video Criminal halted everything.

Fans should never be allowed to vote for anything ever again :comingthru:

9 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

Criminal halted what could have been a 5+ singles era. There were much more melodic love/relationship songs with interesting production (Inside Out, Trip To Your Heart, Trouble For Me) and dubstep-infused pop anthems (How I Roll, Seal It With A Kiss, Up N Down, one could debate Drop Dead Beautiful but that Sabi verse.... but, hey, a lotta popular rap features have horrible lyrics) that could have extended the era. First era with three top 10 hits, radio was at Britney's feet and her video views were great. Slow, boring production, explicit-for-no-reason music video Criminal halted everything.

Fans should never be allowed to vote for anything ever again :comingthru:

You listed even more that I didn't, so that proves almost every song could've been a single! They picked the ONE that didn't fit with the album and was not good for radio. I agree that there could've been at least 5 singles! If Taylor Swift's boring 1989 album had that many then Femme Fatale EASILY could've! 

10 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

I think she could've easily had another big hit or two if they chose another upbeat, catchy bop that radio would've loved, and there were plenty to choose from: Drop Dead Beautiful, Gasoline, Up N Down, Selfish.....

If they removed Sabi's verse or at least censored the vegetables line as though it was swear words, then I would have been very happy with that choice rather than Criminal

Guest $elfish
13 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

Imagine Nicki Minaj on it instead.......

:tiffsniffle:

She Would have slayed:milkney:too bad Britney's been collabing with nobodies imagine if she chose known and talented celebs to collab with on glory for example jb on better or just luv me ,eminem for make me or big Sean ffs why not even nicki on sp or dywco heck I'd even be here for a Ariana or demi collab :quirkney:if she keeps collabing with irrelevant or unknown people she's not getting anything from them intact she's boosting them 

if she collabed with a listers like her they would both benefit each other

my god team B and RCA are such idiots:mhmsureny:

Guest $elfish
36 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

My choice is Criminal. There were SO many bops on Femme Fatale, and I think this was definitely the wrong direction to go in. I Wanna Go did really well and was a top 10 hit. The momentum was very strong. I think she could've easily had another big hit or two if they chose another upbeat, catchy bop that radio would've loved, and there were plenty to choose from: Drop Dead Beautiful, Gasoline, Up N Down, Selfish.....even if they went with something slower they could've chosen Inside Out. 

Why did the fans choose Criminal??? I will NEVER understand this.......smh

Selfish and up n down had the potential to be hits tbh:otears:missed opportunity 

23 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

Imagine Nicki Minaj on it instead.......

:tiffsniffle:

Nicky? :gross: Sorry, this is not for you sis, is for everyone out there, but I just don't know what people find attractive on that "singer/rapper" :wyd: She's so cheap, her music is garbage, her talent is having a enormous plastic ***, her "songs" are as stupid as a drunk man, her lyrics are so tacky, I cant deal with so much bad taste. I just can't seriously... :girlwhat:

28 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Maybe "Don't let me be..." not because it's bad but because the Oops album had greater tracks she could have taken advantage of at the time that smashing/bubblegum/futuristic style was the trend. What you see, Cant make you love me, One kiss from you and even Where are you now with those amazing vocals. 

:weirdmeout: I'm sorry but DLMTLTK was a major hit over here in Europe, the video was flawless and the song is a classic with amazing vocals. How can you say that and then say What you see should have been a single ?! :embarrassney: 

Radar. :wyd: like why tf did they even recycle that song in Circus album, more so release it as a single. they could have proceeded in releasing it as the 4th single from Blackout since the gap between its actual release date (June) and Womanizer's (September) was still pretty long, it wouldn't have affected Womanizer's chart impact. like seriously, i believe that's the dumbest choice team B ever did. I remember they posted a poll in Britney's website asking fans to vote for 4th single from Circus and Radar was nowhere winning (I think it was Unusual You or sth, I can't remember), yet they still released Radar. :sofedup:

also, I agree that Petty Gorillaz should have never existed. :nydisgust:

but for Criminal, as much as I'm not very fond of its video, i think no matter what song was released at that time it would still had an underwhelming performance. I Wanna Go was lucky enough to feed off from the success of HIAM and TTWE that it was able to achieve an almost similar success even without any promotions, i don't think any of FF's remaining tracks could achieve similar success as the 4th single without promotion.

2 hours ago, Itachi said:

Radar. :wyd: like why tf did they even recycle that song in Circus album, more so release it as a single. they could have proceeded in releasing it as the 4th single from Blackout since the gap between its actual release date (June) and Womanizer's (September) was still pretty long, it wouldn't have affected Womanizer's chart impact. like seriously, i believe that's the dumbest choice team B ever did. I remember they posted a poll in Britney's website asking fans to vote for 4th single and Radar was nowhere winning (I think it was Unusual You or sth, I can't remember), yet they still released Radar. :sofedup:

also, I agree that Petty Gorillaz should have never existed. :nydisgust:

but for Criminal, as much as I'm not very fond of its video, i think no matter what song was released at that time it would still had an underwhelming performance. I Wanna Go was lucky enough to feed off from the success of HIAM and TTWE that it was able to achieve an almost similar success even without any promotions, i don't think any of FF's remaining tracks could achieve similar success as the 4th single without promotion.

It's because they promised the songwriter that they only would get the song "Radar" if it was released as a single and because it was not the right timing for Britney during Blackout era they put it in the Circus album and released it as single as promised. 

41 minutes ago, OopsOverprotected said:

It's because they promised the songwriter that they only would get the song "Radar" if it was released as a single and because it was not the right timing for Britney during Blackout era they put it in the Circus album and released it as single as promised. 

yeah i knew that too, but they should really have proceeded with Radar as the 4th single off Blackout. It was even reported that the mv was supposed to be directed by Britney herself in London (?). i believe so Britney was on her way to recovery during the single's initial release date. they just scrapped its release because instead of re-releasing Blackout with new tracks, they decided to release a new LP (Circus) instead. but again, the gap between Radar's original release date and Womanizer's was quite long, about 3-4 months, it wouldn't have impacted Womanizer's chart success. guess they really killed off the Blackout era so soon in order for the gp to shift focus to the brand new era, as Blackout was almost instantly (up to this date) a reminder of her grim years.

or, since they released Singles Collection they could have just released it as a 2nd single from that compilation album (since they were obligated to release that song as a single). It sounded so out of place in Circus album and the singles chronology, not to mention it already had its airplay/exposure in 2007 then in 2008 (after it was announced as a single), so its "freshness" definitely had faded by the time they released it in 2009.

Archived