(POLL): Which Britney song has been the worst choice to be a single?

jamesedward94

Which Britney song has been the worst choice to be a single?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There have been so many missed opportunities for hit singles over the years. Team B has always ****** everything up. :meltdown:

1. Baby One More Time -

Born to Make You Happy should've been released as a single in the U.S! It was a BOP! Also, "I Will Be There" would've been a great single because it showcased more of Britney's natural voice and vocal ability.

2. Oops!... I Did it Again -

SO MANY MISSED OPPORTUNITIES HERE! WHY WERE THERE ONLY 4 SINGLES??? This is arguably Britney's most iconic and best-remembered album.

Can't Make You Love Me, Don't Go Knockin' on My Door, What U See (Is What U Get), and One Kiss From You are all iconic BOPS! Even (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction would've worked as a single, especially after Britney opened her iconic VMA performance with it (I know there might've been issues because it was a cover). There should've been way more singles from this album than just the 4 we got.

3. Britney -

This could've been Britney's Come On Over album. Literally every song should've been released as a single, but the BEST ones IMO are Cinderella, Bombastic Love, Lonely, Let Me Be, and That's Where You Take Me. Honestly, I could've done without Anticipating being a single at all; Cinderella would've been the better option. That song is pure early-2000's dance GOLD.

4. In The Zone -

I've always HATED Outrageous, and I could've done without it ever being a single. Breathe on Me, Touch of My Hand, and I Got That (Boom Boom) would've been WAY better. Honestly, WHY was Breathe on Me never released as a single? HUGE missed opportunity.

5. Blackout -

Radar should've been released as a single from this album instead of Circus. Even if it didn't get a proper video, it should've been released as the 4th BO single. There are a few other great single choices from BO, as well - Get Naked (I Got a Plan), Heaven on Earth, and Toy Soldier would've been great.

6. Circus -

Out From Under should've been the 4th single from this album instead of Radar... in fact, Radar shouldn't have ever been recycled, it's place is on BO.

7. Femme Fatale -

I don't hate Criminal as a single, but I don't love it either. I think the more upbeat radio mix of the song should've been the actual album version. Inside Out or He About to Lose Me would've been better choices for 4th or 5th single... maybe even (Drop Dead) Beautiful.

8. Britney Jean -

I typed this section in red because BJ should be confined to the fiery pits of hell. Ugh... Work ***** is the only good thing about this album. Maybe Alien should've been a single? I can't really recommend any of the other songs since I'm talking about promoting BRITNEY'S singles and not Myah Marie's.

9. Glory -

SO MANY MISSED OPPORTUNITIES. SUCH A MESS. LITERALLY EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS ERA WAS A MESS EXCEPT FOR THE ACTUAL MUSIC. Liar, Man on the Moon, Do You Want to Come Over,  and Better could've been great singles.

AS FOR PRETTY GIRLS..... :idkha:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gaymanizer

For me it's Perfume. :tiffsniffle: I think if the duet with Sia is 100% real, it would be better. For me, it's more forgettable with Outrageous. But that's one of my favorite Britney songs to sing in karaoke. :whitney: 

Let's face it, no matter how 'personal' it is, it's still boring. :donewithit:

I don't think Pretty Girls is really that bad, I mean I heard it playing everywhere on my country and got no problem (like shading or something),  ordinary people just go with it, I think fans from the other queens and long time Britney haters just got their perfect chance to release their anxiety with it through the MV, that's why it's kinda 'the most embarrassing Britney single of all time'. :embarrassed:

7 hours ago, I_Need_Me said:

How are people saying Criminal is worse than Pretty Girls??? :calculating::wyd::jackk:

Bc Pretty Girls was a one-off release but Criminal was part of an album with SO MANY great songs and choosing Criminal ruined anything else that could've been that era.

Pretty Girls was OBVIOUSLY a tremendous failure and so they scrapped it from being a lead single and moved along with other songs and eventually came out with Make Me.

Criminal being released mattered bc there were much better single choices on Femme Fatale. Pretty Girls didn't matter much. They just left it off the album.  

3 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

Bc Pretty Girls was a one-off release but Criminal was part of an album with SO MANY great songs and choosing Criminal ruined anything else that could've been that era.

Pretty Girls was OBVIOUSLY a tremendous failure and so they scrapped it from being a lead single and moved along with other songs and eventually came out with Make Me.

Criminal being released mattered bc there were much better single choices on Femme Fatale. Pretty Girls didn't matter much. They just left it off the album.  

Oh I see.  I guess that makes sense.  I mean, I didn't hate Criminal though.  In my opinion, the song isn't as bad as people are making it out to be, but I guess it didn't really fit in with the era since all the songs were very dance electronic sounding.  

Femme Fatale is a great album but most of the songs sounded very similar.  So Criminal was a nice change and ending to that era for me. 

2 hours ago, Pretty Boy said:

Criminal. It should have been Inside Out :sassybrit:

I just can't believe with how Inside Out referenced her old songs and sounded so edgy that it did not get released. It was literally BEGGING to be single. They should've released that and then Up N Down and the era would been perfect!

Archived