NO NEW MUSIC + RCA WANTS BLACKOUT 2.0

Invitation

• Content Curators

'I don't think at the moment... I think with Britney. She's focused on wrapping up her Vegas residency. I think she actually wants to figure out what her next moves are. It's always great to work with Britney. She's amazing. We're just talking about 'Blackout' recently.  I was talking to Larry Rudolf about 'Blackout' and how it changed the game for her and for a lot of people, and it wasn't something that we were really expecting at the moment in time and it was the album that you look back at in time and gained momentum that really built her up and take her to the next phase of her life .'

According to the Billboard podcast, this is what RCA Records GM/executive vp promotion Joe Riccitelli said.

so no new music like the other poster claimed.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Invitation said:

'I don't think at the moment... I think with Britney. She's focused on wrapping up her Vegas residency. I think she actually wants to figure out what her next moves are. It's always great to work with Britney. She's amazing. We're just talking about 'Blackout' recently.  I was talking to Larry Rudolf about 'Blackout' and how it changed the game for her and for a lot of people, and it wasn't something that we were really expecting at the moment in time and it was the album that you look back at in time and gained momentum that really built her up and take her to the next phase of her life .'

According to the Billboard podcast, this is what RCA Records GM/executive vp promotion Joe Riccitelli said.

so no new music like the other poster claimed.

Thanks for doing your part bb to help avoid another meltdown. :kisses:

I don't know if it's the same person, but before Glory came out some executive also said Glory had 4 or 5 hits, and yet they gave up at the second single. 

They might be talking about Blackout, but they don't even know what's gonna be her next move. Maybe she does another X Factor season lol 

The thing is maybe in theory it would sound nice for most of you, the idea of a Blackout 2.0, especially after Danja's post, but I think forcing things to happen, never leads to good results. So I don't think it would end up being the Blackout 2.0 ya'll want. Then , I don't know if that actually would be good for me, since I usually want the opposite of you :P 

Can we get something a little more deep and creative than rehashing some old ****? 

Don't get me wrong I live for banger Britney, but I think she can extend herself further than *** and club. 

Janet had her Rhythm Nation, Beyonce had Lemonade, I need something more important for Brit.  

This is a big transition, she needs to bring it and make people fall in love again. 

I truly believe that people want Britney to be big again, a lot of the GP loves her.

She just needs to do something different.  

20 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

God, that damn album is so overrated. ITZ was a true, bonafide game-changer. :lessons: Blackout was just "I'm drunk and *****, come **** me and dance!"  :mattafact: 

Lyrically yes  (POM, WSIBS & GM exempt) it was typical Britney. The album praise is really from it's production it was very experimental at the time and basically influenced artist like Gaga and black eyed peas to go in a similar direction. 

I do think you have a point though ITZ really did change the game for pop music with its lyrical content and production for someone her age and her style music  

44 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

God, that damn album is so overrated. ITZ was a true, bonafide game-changer. :lessons: Blackout was just "I'm drunk and *****, come **** me and dance!"  :mattafact: 

Blackout IS NOT overrated. Blackout is the definition of avant-garde, a new standard for pop music. Like the iPhone :brit:

Archived