NO NEW MUSIC + RCA WANTS BLACKOUT 2.0

Invitation

I’d lov a Blackout 2.0-ISH. Pretty sure I’m not the only one, just read:

When I say Blackout 2.0 I’m not talking about the same type of music & etc. However, the dark music she experimentrd will always be welcome, especially if she does more stuff with it.

I’d love for her to  change the musical direction.....AGAIN. 

However, What I DO want from «Blackout 2.0» which is something I don’t hope they call it, is that they make Britney the EP (if I’m not mistaken, as much I think the song is decent, Larry chose Clumsy, so Britney needs to be in 1000% control of the album), Britney should write most of the songs on there, and challenge herself lyrically, she knows How to write good songs, (mmm papi and mannequin don’t Prove that but Yea) and she needs to do it. Be deepney

LASTLY, PLEASE DROP THAT BABYVOICE FOR AT LEAST THE SLOW SOULFUL AMAZIG UPCOMING BALLADS. Please Britney:lemmetellu:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I swear it's real. It was played on BBC Radio 1 :moorangu: 

Oh noooooo :meltdown:

20 minutes ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Thanks for the info.!

Blackout is overrated, ITZ is her best album

and all will deal.:foh:

( I feel like I said this too many times these days, I might get attacked at one point)

Blackout is COMPLETELY overrated. ITZ and Glory are both far better albums, and hell. I'd argue FF too. :milkney: 

10 minutes ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Thanks for the info.!

( I feel like I said this too many times these days, I might get attacked at one point)

Attacked or not it's the truth.  Itz is superior.  Let's look at the facts. 

We have toxic which is still played on the big hot current radio stations today. I hear it almost every week, not even on just one station. I've heard it at least on two of them. Toxic is her second most memorable single next to baby one more time.  

She wrote everytime  and even the piano medley to the song.  That's more than what she did with anything on blackout. She has one song for Kevin and its not nearly as deep and heartfelt as everytime. 

The songs  on the album all have substance. Its not "get naked get naked get naked" x300088533 times with an extra line or two. Lyrically its more mature. And on every song Britney sounds like herself. As much as I love break the ice it really didn't sound like her when I first heard it. Why this matters is because she could definitely sing itz songs live if she had to. Plus the trend with her vocals is they keep getting more ridiculously pitched every era.

Lastly it was the last album Britney gave a **** about. Be real here. She might have gotten over her career during onyx but she still had passion and fire for this album more than any other since. 

It's cool if everyone loves blackout. I always say it's a good album but it is not in any way shape or form the greatest album in her career. Even in the other thread about it,  danja or whoever described it as being basic and fun lol. And really that's all we've gotten frm Britney since. Basic.  Fun.  No substance songs with no soul. Blackout is not the messiah album everyone on here makes it out to be. Its just a fun club banger album and if she keeps trying to have another blackout then her career is finished. She should absolutely try to go in a more deep,  personal and artistic direction,  not only will she probably end up more passionate about it (lbr what part of her baby glory was personal enough for her to feel that attached to it?) She might take it more seriously and the gp might take her more seriously also.  

There were moments on glory that were great to follow through on into the next album. Something like coupure electrique would be a good starting point.  

:mattafact:

Just now, Damsel in Distress said:

Preach girl! 

Blackout is a fun album and I like the vibe it got ( I love Get Naked) :giggleney:

It was a huge progress at that time and for Britney it was really groundbreaking.

Right now tho, she needs to step up her game and evolve musically.

The quote about Larry talking about Blackout I think he means to take her music further

and not literally make another Blackout album ( sound like)

I quite enjoyed Glory even though I admit it's not anything special or new,

and the fact that it chased trends is a bit underwhelming but still,

it's a fun, summer, chill poppy record.

You are right about Coupure Electrique, it was a pleasant surprise, she could experiment more

at that direction.

I would also like her to do songs like Invitation( great opening track)

Damn, let's hope her new album surpasses all her previous ones.

:plzney:

I'm not getting my hopes up. Larry is stuck in the past. Of course he'd want to go back and copy an album her fan base keeps going on about because he lives in the past.  I wish he'd get fired but her father is just as old and stuck in the past too.:lemmetellu:

4 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Hell, wasn't Britney Jean "for the fans"? :reductive: Weren't If U Seek Amy, Criminal, Perfume and Slumber Party singles chosen by the fans and ended up being their era's respective biggest failures (I don't count Radar because it was never supposed to be a Circus single and was only contractually obligated, and while IUSA was a decent hit, it was a flop compared to Womanizer and Circus.)? Funny how whenever Britney and her team pander to us, she flops harder than ever before. Maybe she should actually focus on selling to the world instead.

Well, that's all true (I love IUSA though) but the exception I can think about is IWG. Thank God, because it was pretty obvious their choice was gonna be Big Fat Bass.

And if I'm not mistaken, in the poll that IWG won, Trip to Your Heart ended up being the second place. It should've been the 4th single, but it wasn't even among the options in the Criminal poll :tiffanycries:

1 hour ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Thanks for the info.!

To me, ITZ is her best album to date

9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well, that's all true (I love IUSA though) but the exception I can think about is IWG. Thank God, because it was pretty obvious their choice was gonna be Big Fat Bass.

And if I'm not mistaken, in the poll that IWG won, Trip to Your Heart ended up being the second place. It should've been the 4th single, but it wasn't even among the options in the Criminal poll :tiffanycries:

IWG was fan chosen, too? :decisions: That's her biggest radio hit ever. I'm shook that the fanbase finally did something RIGHT.

(But yeah, I love IUSA, Criminal, Perfume and Slumber Party. And I think they all could've smashed harder than they did. But Britney just didn't give a ****.)

Archived