NO NEW MUSIC + RCA WANTS BLACKOUT 2.0

Invitation

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BRING THE NOISE said:

I'm totally here for a Blackout or ITZ 2.0 - I give 0 ***** about "personal britney" (Britney Jean is a result of that) that's bullshit, boring and GP is not interested. 
She needs to go old-school again :lemmetellu:
Britney is not Beyonce - she can't have her "Lemonade" album - guys be realistic. 

You're right. "Lemonade" was a visual album that talked about something personal like Jay-Z being unfaithful. The only monumental thing in Britney's life that could warrant the creation of an album like that would be her public breakdown and let's be real that's never gonna happen. "Personal" for Britney is singing about Aliens and telling ******* to work. Someone needs to bring in a professional to change her image and reinvent herself

Yes yes let's get Britney back to doing nostalgia **** to get people interested. That's been working out in her favor so far so well hasn't it?:girlwhat:

Let's get decade old producers in there who haven't done relevant work in ages and copy an album that has repetitive lyrics. Over produced vocals.  And simple two word lyrics. Sounds great.:whitney: 

i always see everyone outside this fanbase talking about blackout. :tiffcackle:

You all realize she's been trying to do the blackout thing over and over and over. Club &*** music has been her thing since 2007 and its ******* her career up. It was a good album for her at the time because she never did it before and it took the light off the terrible things she was going through at the time. Her best albums never followed what she had done before. This is the worst idea yet.  Even though I'd like a itz 2.0 since its really a superior album for what she has to offer as an artist I know that she needs to stop focusing on the past 10-20 years and progress forward. For **** sake I've never heard anyone ever mention blackout. They don't play gimme more on the radio a decade later. You know what they still play weekly to this day? 

Toxic.

That was the game changer for Britney. Not a single thing on blackout did anything for her other than being the album she needed at the time it was made. 

2 hours ago, WhenISaySo2000 said:

Lyrically yes  (POM, WSIBS & GM exempt) it was typical Britney. The album praise is really from it's production it was very experimental at the time and basically influenced artist like Gaga and black eyed peas to go in a similar direction. 

I do think you have a point though ITZ really did change the game for pop music with its lyrical content and production for someone her age and her style music  

Idk about ITZ but Blackout really did change the game of the whole club songs genre and a lot a of people don't know that.

"The song ‘Freakshow’ was the first song by any pop artist to even remotely experiment with the dubstep in their music.

One of the lasting changes ‘Blackout’ made to pop music was that it took auto tune away from RnB and Hip and introduced it to Pop. The song ‘Radar’ coined what is now considered ‘Robo Pop’ and open the doors for other girls in pop to follow. This impact can be seen in Ke$ha’s music where every one of her songs includes auto tuned vocals and also in Lady Gaga’s ‘Poker Face’."

AND ALSO IT'S A BIG THING THE FACT THAT THE ALBUM WITH THE MOST CLUB BANGER SONGS AND NO "DEEP MEANING" LYRICS DOESN"T REALLY GET BASHED FOR IT. 

Danja stated that Spears' objective was to make a fun, danceable album with uptempo, high-energy music, saying, "She wanted to stay away from being personal. It's fun, it's basic and there's nothing wrong with that. It's about feeling good, celebrating womanhood."

In a 2010 blog post talking about Spears' demo of Lady Gaga's "Telephone" (the song was originally written for Spears and was recorded by Gaga only after she decided against using it), Rolling Stone paid the album a very big compliment, writing, "People love to make fun of Britney, and why not, but if 'Telephone' proves anything, it's that Blackout may be the most influential pop album of the past five years."

Blackout worked because it was completely different and revolutionary for Britney. In The Zone worked for the exact same reason. They're both amazing albums because they introduced something new to the industry and they were experimental and natural. 

You can't force an album like Blackout to happen naturally again, and frankly they shouldn't want to. Stop chasing past success and instead focus on making a brand new album that's different from the others but still has that Britney flare that makes her albums so great. Basically, let Britney have majority control again because the albums she's most passionate about and involved with are always her best. 

35 minutes ago, Ayush said:

Idk about ITZ but Blackout really did change the game of the whole club songs genre and a lot a of people don't know that.

"The song ‘Freakshow’ was the first song by any pop artist to even remotely experiment with the dubstep in their music.

One of the lasting changes ‘Blackout’ made to pop music was that it took auto tune away from RnB and Hip and introduced it to Pop. The song ‘Radar’ coined what is now considered ‘Robo Pop’ and open the doors for other girls in pop to follow. This impact can be seen in Ke$ha’s music where every one of her songs includes auto tuned vocals and also in Lady Gaga’s ‘Poker Face’."

AND ALSO IT'S A BIG THING THE FACT THAT THE ALBUM WITH THE MOST CLUB BANGER SONGS AND NO "DEEP MEANING" LYRICS DOESN"T REALLY GET BASHED FOR IT. 

Danja stated that Spears' objective was to make a fun, danceable album with uptempo, high-energy music, saying, "She wanted to stay away from being personal. It's fun, it's basic and there's nothing wrong with that. It's about feeling good, celebrating womanhood."

In a 2010 blog post talking about Spears' demo of Lady Gaga's "Telephone" (the song was originally written for Spears and was recorded by Gaga only after she decided against using it), Rolling Stone paid the album a very big compliment, writing, "People love to make fun of Britney, and why not, but if 'Telephone' proves anything, it's that Blackout may be the most influential pop album of the past five years."

Exactly from a production standpoint she was the first pop girl to do it and yeah there's nothing wrong with not having the most meaningful lyrics it as was an album for the club and to this day still sounds fresh. 

When people complain about lyrics I always think about BJ cause whether you like it or not from a lyrical standpoint it's one of her deepest albums (but again that's not saying much cause most her album are not the deepest) but nevertheless the production was subpar which I think leaves a bad taste in the most fans mouths in terms of album quality 

And yeah the fact that telephone was made for Britney back in 07 and was released in 2010 and sounded completely fresh just shows that blackout was a trendsetter, longevity and influend a new generation of singers 

2 hours ago, ClarkKent said:

Blackout IS NOT overrated. Blackout is the definition of avant-garde, a new standard for pop music. Like the iPhone :brit:

Let's not forget that it was also named the most influential pop album of that decade.

Guest Diamond Horse
3 hours ago, Jacod2017 said:

BO was much more explicit

I can see what you mean it was certainly more in many areas.

59 minutes ago, Invitation said:

It can be interpreted in 2 ways:

either they want Blackout 2.0 or they want something as game changing as Blackout.

THIS.

I took it the last way too.

4 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

God, that damn album is so overrated. ITZ was a true, bonafide game-changer. :lessons: Blackout was just "I'm drunk and *****, come **** me and dance!"  :mattafact: 

Lyrically yes, but the sou ds and the music genres behind the album really generated a wave of urban/dubstep music all the way into the early 2010's :hipney:

Archived