Honestly, I just want DARK music for B10.

indyRS

13 hours ago, Phresh said:

They're asking her to do something that's already been done by her in Blackout. So the Celine Dion example was invalid. Besides, There has been artists like Rihanna with dark themes that end up being successful. And the GP definitely ate that :queenriri: 

What dark themes did she have?

Sorry, I absolutely can't stand Robyn.

But that is for personal reasons from when we were younger.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Chico101 said:

We Found Love, Needed Me, BBHMM, Man Down, Pour it Up, Diamonds, Stay, all have darker themed visuals to name a few.

Honestly I'm up for anything- as long as she shakes it up this next era and really really wants to do it. Also DITCH THE BABY VOICE. Devote  time to the album not Vegas or 200 perfumes

but I thought that too kinda like the darker edgy sister to Glory which was pretty happy yet chill. It could be like edgy bangers and lush midtempos/ballads. 

6 hours ago, Chico101 said:

Lol when you guys say say Robyn I'm thinking the Swedish one.

well Circus had dark and light same with Glory. It can still be bangers and she can still make sugary pop but I think people think darker with mature, personal, emotive. Like what BJ could've been, Glory started to do. 

I totally agree, and what I would LOVE is if there were at least a FEW songs showcasing her deep/strong vocals! If she put on songs she can sing live well, after she sang Happy B'day now we can know she CAN still sing, these are the things she needs to do to reinvent her image. I really like Glory but it wasn't anything explosive and didn't grab the GP attention, also obviously she hardly promoted it and unfortunately the big hyped VMA performance wasn't the greatest. Definitely need an album that isn't ALL about ***, sexuality is an interesting/empowering theme but when it's legit just about *** every song it gets boring. And I agree, the Lolita image is definitely tired now. If she came back with a dark era about dark side of fame/mental health etc. (maybe some songs about sexuality) it might even also be therapeutic for her as well and the GP would actually be interested. If they do another Glory type album it will flop, even though it's a good album it won't perform well.

I totally get not being stuck in 2007 and harping on about it all the time but really it is kinda like a big elephant in the room in some sense because her team act like it never happened, yes there was For The Record but it didn't really address everything - it was kinda just like "Hey here's Britney, she's not crazy! She's back!". One thing with Robert Downey Jr making his huge comeback is that he properly addressed all the s--t with his breakdown and doesn't act like it never happened. Like her team forbidding any question that isn't basically "Who would you like to collab with? What do you do to keep such a great body?" doesn't help her at all, and we know from Jonathan Ross and her interviews in Israel that she WILL talk about this stuff! That interview gave me hope for her tell all book one day, omg Britney please! :yesplease:

Anyway sorry for the rant but to sum up I basically 100% agree, and basically I want something pretty much exactly like what I feel like Original Doll would have been like lol, imagine what a cool era that would have been with the dark theme video clips etc and hearing Britney actually passionately talk about a project that would have been truly her own, ugh I'm always gonna wonder what it would have been like.

Archived