Honestly, I just want DARK music for B10.

indyRS

9 minutes ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Yeah, but the lolita-image it's as old as her career.

It's weird when a 35 woman still tries to look like that.

She's mature and grown up now. She needs to evolve from that image.

I get it when she was young and all. ( even tho people still hated it and I can't blame them)

But now I want something with personality.

Ive been saying that for forever. The thing is I'm so confused beyond belief by what Britney says and does now...what does she want. During her weird "I'm a mom" phase I thought for sure BJ would be her best work being personal. It seemed like what she wanted was to go that route but we know how that turned out.

She can be **** still but like a bad mama look, like v magazine. 

I'm so sick of these pretty images for everything. Starting in FF it is so bland. Like a pretty dress with bright lighting and a photoshopped hybrid face of Britney, Heidi Klum and Jessica Simpson.

Ive had enough and they still are doing it for new shoots.

PS should be almost like a fantasy Twist type women. The women in the black wig, maybe moulin rouge type but instead it's this bland Lolita image.

Its boring and doesn't work.... 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Agreed! I wanna see a mature **** woman like this:

7985b3cc66cf25bdc2f801f88cdbe887.jpg

And not this:

38C54E0E00000578-3806132-Moving_on_Rippi

It's not only boring and old image it's also inappropriate.

I liked the hair there. 

That isn't the most problematic thing that comes to mind in recent moments. 

I want to see a grown up woman not lipping to 16 yr old vocals. Honestly I'm not shocked by this image they hold too. It's like she never ages...it isn't reality. It's time to grow.

2 hours ago, Chico101 said:

Nope.

we need fun pop music that the GP will eat up. Britney better call Max, we  need those #1s and top 10s.

why do y'all constant want her to do dark music? That's like asking Celine Dion to start rapping...

They're asking her to do something that's already been done by her in Blackout. So the Celine Dion example was invalid. Besides, There has been artists like Rihanna with dark themes that end up being successful. And the GP definitely ate that :queenriri: 

2 minutes ago, Damsel in Distress said:

Finally someone brought it up.

She needs to take risks, not necessarily just the dark hair and Mona Lisa direction.

Any new image is welcomed. At least to try a new image.

She needs taking risks it's not like she has a lot to lose after all.

EAJTqOp.gif

Omg yes PLEASE! Glory is a ******* awesome album as a whole and she tried lots of different things. However, I want her to put out a darker sound (not just lyrics, beats too) and maybe even follow a theme. And yeah the Femme Fatale image she's been trying to stick to since 2011 is getting boring. That V magazine shoot she did last year (and the Shape one in 2013, for example) was so refreshingly GOOD! :verycool:

I think Glory the album and the overall concept was mature enough, even though it does have songs about *** it feels more mature and intimate. But I do see where you are coming from, I wish she explored different topics, not necessarily about fame or celebrity because I generally like songs I can relate to (this is just a personal preference though), but there are so many topics that she could sing about. Even though I feel Glory is a mature album for Britney, I think the disconnection comes from the execution of the album, the Make Me video killed the mood of the era for most fans and then she never performed the album (except for like 3 songs), and the only songs she did perform from this album were all about ***. I still love Glory as an album, it feels more intimate without necessarily being personal. Honestly, I don't know what route she would want to explore, but I would love for her to also incorporate different sounds like she did with Glory and to explore about different topics. I don't see her having a "dark era" (musically speaking) at least not for now. 

3 hours ago, Damsel in Distress said:

That would be great.

Off topic: Does it bother only me when thay call it ''baby voice'' and that it sounds ''****''?

To me baby voice and **** can't be in the same sentence.

Always bothered me tbh.

it used to sound good in bubblegum pop when that was what teenage girls were into but nowadays it just doesnt work :riri:

4 hours ago, Justney said:

I don't think we should be demanding anyone to change their hair color or style for the sake of an album era. Blonde suits her. That said I'd love for her to play more characters in mvs like in toxic. The red headed assassin, the dark haired vixen, the angelic blonde.  

And a dark era would only come if she was struggling with her personal life, honestly, is that what everyone wants? I'd like an edgier Brit too but that comes with a price. She's happier now so she wants to do happier more positive things musically .  And honestly if you're focusing on positive things you're attracting more positive things into your life. Probably why she doesn't sit there and focus on beating the dead horse that is 2007. 

dark music =/= dark era ... doesnt even have to be dark lyric-wise just production-wise

it comes off more mature and it ages well (ex: Blackout)

Yeah, she really needs to evolve musically. It's time for her to create an album with a specific concept and not just songs joined together. She could even pull a Confessions on a Dance Floor for a perfect balance between dance & lyrical quality

I used to want this, but since she's started doing more of her own social media and talking in intefriews again I've come to realise she is in no way dark or mysterious and doesn't see herself like that either.

I don't think she could present that sort of music convincingly. Whatever it is I just want her to be creative and imaginative again and start singing even 10% of her **** live.

Archived