Why hasn't female top stars after Britney competed Britney's peak/prime?

KatLove

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

biased fallacies? :plzexplain: she's not a thing outside the US if you don't count kids and teenagers (up to 14 yo)

She's not a thing outside the US, yet her Tokyo show of 50k was sold out...

As was ALL 3 of her European, Asian and Oceania legs.

This fanbase really does the most and is so pressed about other artists success. :hahaha: 

3 hours ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Well Purpose had the biggest first week sales of the year until that week because Adele released her album the week after, which outsold by 6/7 times AND because he had to bundle his album with concert tickets, as he was pressed and scared to miss the #1 spot as 1D was releasing the same week. Same that Katy did and most of you all dragged. Such a phenomenon!!! Drake released an album months later which debuted with over a million, did Purpose come anywhere close to that? Don't make stuff up, Drake outsold him months later by 2 times, and we all know that album sales are decreasing month to month.

Furthermore, Where Are U Now never went top 5 and it barely entered top 10 at #8, so lie cancelled. Again, Cold Water was not #1 can you stop inflating or do i need to leave you talking to yourself?

Further furthermore, most of his hits are feats which shows how much of a phenomenon he is, he even admitted he asked to be featured in despacito after seeing the reaction of the whole club when it got played, it had over 950m views before he even got featured.

Further further furthermore I'm glad you mentioned One Dance, that song alone was more successful than Sorry and What Do You Mean (which he had to pay dozens of celebrities to hype it up including Britney, he chose her to promote it a day before), if you need info ask me. It's funny that you're strangely picking the last two years which were his commercial peak, Drake hasnt left the Billboard Hot 100 since 2009, justin took years to get a #1 and his team was accused of having secret meetings with Billboard in order for his songs to chart higher, I don't know if it's true although I believe so I won't use that as an argument. Also, Bruno Mars has barely been active during the past few years and has been outcharting/outshining Justin. He has WAY more memorable songs than Justin's, it's a fact.

By the way, Justin said 3 days ago that drake is the biggest of this generation and called him a legend (nowadays everyone is a 'legend') so even he knows Drake is bigger than him. Justin is cool right now, like Kesha was cool for some time, Katy too, but he is not an icon, nor will EVER be (you didn't say it but i'm just stating the obvious), and this comes from someone who likes him and bought Purpose.

EDIT: Hotline Bling was #2 not #3, why are you upping Justin's numbers and downing Drake's, stop, Drake is bigger, and there are bigger artists than Drake, pe-riod.

Regarding Bruno Mars, Bruno has more #1's as the lead than Justin and his first 2 songs went #1 when Justin struggled for years and got his first with a vma performance on the same week, no sleep while promoting and with help from celebrities including Britney, not to mention the meetings his team is accused of having with Billboard. To end my point which clearly outshined your inflated stats, Uptown Funk was more successful than anything Justin will ever touch.

Drake's album sold off the back of Hotline Bling, one #1 single. Justin had 3. Let's see how well his new album sells, considering every song he's on currently is becoming a radio hit.

"Most of his hits are feats", then what does Drake have in an almost 10 year career? Hotline Bling. Everything else is forGagaten.

Look at the daily VEVO streams and tell me how "huge" Drake is compared to Justin.

IMG_695650a27.jpg

IMG_6957a6155.jpg

Baby is almost a decade old song and it's still getting 200k more views than your "phenomenal" Hotline Bling.

Sorry also has double the billion views Hotline Bling has.

Drake is also local as ****. Look at Drake's overseas tour from this year. Over half of the boxscores were not released and the ones that were? Not sold out. What do you call this? :flop: 

https://en.www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Meets_World_Tour

Now let's look at Justin's dates in the same regions.

https://en.www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purpose_World_Tour

Literally every boxscore reported was sold out. He even toured in places Drake can't even book.

So while we're talking the chart positions I posted, my mistake I wasn't reading the Billboard site and typed it up fast. Regardless, as you can see by the recurring streams above, Justin's songs are clearly BIGGER.

As far as Bruno is concerned...

IMG_69590944c.jpg

Sorry still gets about 300k more daily streams than Uptown Funk, but they're on the same level.

That's What I Like and 24K are enjoying good longevity as they were recently released. We'll see how they keep up at the end of the year.

And the real kii? The Lazy Song is getting more daily streams than ANY of Drake's Top 10. Drake ain't **** sis.

The way logic sees it:

1) Justin

2) Bruno (VERY close)

3) Drake

5 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Drake's album sold off the back of Hotline Bling, one #1 single. Justin had 3. Let's see how well his new album sells, considering every song he's on currently is becoming a radio hit.

"Most of his hits are feats", then what does Drake have in an almost 10 year career? Hotline Bling. Everything else is forGagaten.

Look at the daily VEVO streams and tell me how "huge" Drake is compared to Justin.

IMG_695650a27.jpg

IMG_6957a6155.jpg

Baby is almost a decade old song and it's still getting 200k more views than your "phenomenal" Hotline Bling.

Drake is also local as ****. Look at Drake's overseas tour from this year. Over half of the boxscores were not released and the ones that were? Not sold out. What do you call this? :flop: 

Literally every boxscore reported was sold out. He even toured in places Drake can't even book.

So while we're talking the chart positions I posted, my mistake I wasn't reading the Billboard site and typed it up fast. Regardless, as you can see by the recurring streams above, Justin's songs are clearly BIGGER.

IMG_69590944c.jpg

Sorry still gets about 300k more daily streams than Uptown Funk, but they're on the same level.

That's What I Like and 24K are enjoying good longevity as they were recently released. We'll see how they keep up at the end of the year.

And the real kii? The Lazy Song is getting more daily streams than ANY of Drake's Top 10. Drake ain't **** sis.

The way logic sees it:

1) Justin

2) Bruno (VERY close)

3) Drake

I'm ******* while reading your tea

Missing the good old days on exhale  

:milkney:

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

She's not a thing outside the US, yet her Tokyo show of 50k was sold out...

As was ALL 3 of her European, Asian and Oceania legs.

This fanbase really does the most and is so pressed about other artists success. :hahaha: 

Well she is not a big deal in Continental Europe and probably will have a hard time selling out stadiums there. If she is global why no show in Russia, Romania or Middle East?

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

let's be honest... u also do the same with many popstars u don't like and discredit them all the time. Most notably Beyoncé, Gaga and rihanna.

It's just that u like Taylor and Justin. You don't have this attitude when Beyoncé, Gaga ect are being the subject of attacks from pressed pop fans.

Taylor isn't local but she hasn't achieved globalness either so no wonder European fans perceive her as local, since for them only Europe and US exist. They obviously don't pay attention to Asia and latin america.

Taylor has very few top tens in France, Germany and many more European markets. her best selling album in France sold 80k. hmmm. she has yet to break well into Europe that much is obvious. Latin america is also a weak market for her. She has the US, Asia and Australia in her bag though

19 minutes ago, button said:

let's be honest... u also do the same with many popstars u don't like and discredit them all the time. Most notably Beyoncé, Gaga and rihanna.

It's just that u like Taylor and Justin. You don't have this attitude when Beyoncé, Gaga ect are being the subject of attacks from pressed pop fans.

Taylor isn't local but she hasn't achieved globalness either so no wonder European fans perceive her as local, since for them only Europe and US exist. They obviously don't pay attention to Asia and latin america.

Taylor has very few top tens in France, Germany and many more European markets. her best selling album in France sold 80k. hmmm. she has yet to break well into Europe that much is obvious. Latin america is also a weak market for her. She has the US, Asia and Australia in her bag though

I think I give credit where it's due actually. Just because I'm defending an artist doesn't necessarily mean I like them. I use about 3 Taylor Swift songs but I'm not gonna sit here and let someone say only children in the US use her music when facts show that's clearly not the case. But if someone wants to go and say Beyonce deserves praise and awards for songwriting I'm going to speak up because she doesn't write a lick of anything. It's just like Britney Jean's credits. Britney's the first name on the roster yet the leaked Katy Perry demo of Passenger shows the exact same lyrics originally written by Sia and Katy Perry. I remember once Jordan also posted a Rihanna thread saying how she's "the best solo recording artist of all time" with fradulent and inflated figures citing some Barbados tabloid as a source. I had to post her Mediatraffic receipts which show her not so stellar album sales.

1 hour ago, KatLove said:

Well she is not a big deal in Continental Europe and probably will have a hard time selling out stadiums there. If she is global why no show in Russia, Romania or Middle East?

I never claimed she was "global"? I went against the claim that she's local, but I didn't directly say global.

4 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I think I give credit where it's due actually. Just because I'm defending an artist doesn't necessarily mean I like them. I use about 3 Taylor Swift songs but I'm not gonna sit here and let someone say only children use her music when facts show that's clearly not the case. But if someone wants to go and say Beyonce deserves praise and awards for songwriting I'm going to speak up because she doesn't write a lick of anything. It's just like Britney Jean's credits. Britney's the first name on the roster yet the leaked Katy Perry demo of Passenger shows the exact same lyrics originally written by Sia and Katy Perry. I remember once Jordan also posted a Rihanna thread saying how she's "the best solo recording artist of all time" with fradulent and inflated figures citing some Barbados tabloid as a source. I had to post her Mediatraffic receipts which show her not so stellar album sales.

well i got from the whole thread that u used more than 3 Taylor swift songs. :weusay: remember u calling Beyoncé local tho. whatever. good that u try ur best to be objective.

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
20 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

IMG_695650a27.jpg

IMG_6957a6155.jpg

IMG_69590944c.jpg

The way logic sees it:

1) Justin

2) Bruno (VERY close)

3) Drake

Now you basing your points with views:omgreallyney: Drake does not have teen girls pressing F5 all day for him to get views, I know what I'm talking about, I get on quite well with a lot of beliebers and I see their ridiculous schemes and the pay that fan manipulate other fans on twitter for Justin Bieber to be able to compete with the bigger stars. Even he is very insecure always asking fans to promise him that they'll never stop being fans, he even says stuff like 'I'll always be here for you but you have to be here for me too' (request his songs, make him chart, help his feats):orangu:even he knows he isn't an icon and is cool RIGHT now. I will agree with you on something, Justin is indeed bigger than Drake outside the UK and US, but in the US both Bruno and Drake beat him. I did not say Hotline Bling is phenomenal, neither does Justin have anything phenomenal, let's not forget the fact that Jistin RELEASED a cover of Hotline Bling to hype up his album Purpose:oknolol:. But Drake is bigger both in the US and UK which are the 2 most important markets, Hotline Bling was bigger than Justin has ever seen the light of here in the UK, teens and adults loved it, it was what you call a hit, heard way more in school than any Justin song. What I meant was that most of Justin's biggest songs aren't even his songs. Drake debuting with over 1m copies should shut down this conversation. One Dance had NO MUSIC VIDEO, which means that we did not have support from Youtube streams unlike Justin Bieber and it stayed at #1 in the US for TEN weeks, Justin has never had any song being at #1 for 10 weeks if you wanna talk about charts. I'm cringing with you putting Justin above Bruno. Justin had to use all the possible gimmicks to make Purpose successful, he even BUNDLED an album with tour tickets, that should also **** this debate. Ed Sheeran, another male artist bigger than Justin Bieber, Eminem and Justin, two other artists bigger than Justin Bieber which outsell him 20 years in their careers without gimmicks, without paying their peers to advertise their songs (he reached) and without bundling albums with tickets, let's not forget the fact that they've passed their peaks and Justin Bieber is having his commercial peak right now. Someone was saying that no one could touch him, when there are several artists past their peaks out there bigger than him. And we're only mentioning men. THIS is how it goes. And there are even more artists that we can put above Justin Bieber.

(Eminem)

(Justin)

(Ed Sheeran)

Bruno Mars

Drake

Justin Bieber

I do agree that outside the US and UK which are the 2 biggest music markets, Justin goes in front of only Drake, I give credit where it's due.

19 hours ago, Style. said:

I'm ******* while reading your tea

Missing the good old days on exhale  

:milkney:

What tea? Read my previous message (the one before his reply) and you'll be shook, just because you like Justin Bieber it doesn't mean that no one can touch him, he ain't a phenomenon and honestly there are many people out there in front of him, and I like him and bough Purpose when it came out but jeez... he ain't even the biggest Justin in music. 

1 hour ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Now you basing your points with views:omgreallyney: Drake does not have teen girls pressing F5 all day for him to get views, I know what I'm talking about, I get on quite well with a lot of beliebers and I see their ridiculous schemes and the pay that fan manipulate other fans on twitter for Justin Bieber to be able to compete with the bigger stars. Even he is very insecure always asking fans to promise him that they'll never stop being fans, he even says stuff like 'I'll always be here for you but you have to be here for me too' (request his songs, make him chart, help his feats):orangu:even he knows he isn't an icon and is cool RIGHT now. I will agree with you on something, Justin is indeed bigger than Drake outside the UK and US, but in the US both Bruno and Drake beat him. I did not say Hotline Bling is phenomenal, neither does Justin have anything phenomenal, let's not forget the fact that Jistin RELEASED a cover of Hotline Bling to hype up his album Purpose:oknolol:. But Drake is bigger both in the US and UK which are the 2 most important markets, Hotline Bling was bigger than Justin has ever seen the light of here in the UK, teens and adults loved it, it was what you call a hit, heard way more in school than any Justin song. What I meant was that most of Justin's biggest songs aren't even his songs. Drake debuting with over 1m copies should shut down this conversation. One Dance had NO MUSIC VIDEO, which means that we did not have support from Youtube streams unlike Justin Bieber and it stayed at #1 in the US for TEN weeks, Justin has never had any song being at #1 for 10 weeks if you wanna talk about charts. I'm cringing with you putting Justin above Bruno. Justin had to use all the possible gimmicks to make Purpose successful, he even BUNDLED an album with tour tickets, that should also **** this debate. Ed Sheeran, another male artist bigger than Justin Bieber, Eminem and Justin, two other artists bigger than Justin Bieber which outsell him 20 years in their careers without gimmicks, without paying their peers to advertise their songs (he reached) and without bundling albums with tickets, let's not forget the fact that they've passed their peaks and Justin Bieber is having his commercial peak right now. Someone was saying that no one could touch him, when there are several artists past their peaks out there bigger than him. And we're only mentioning men. THIS is how it goes. And there are even more artists that we can put above Justin Bieber.

(Eminem)

(Justin)

(Ed Sheeran)

Bruno Mars

Drake

Justin Bieber

I do agree that outside the US and UK which are the 2 biggest music markets, Justin goes in front of only Drake, I give credit where it's due.

What the **** are you talking about? You're basing your points on your own BIASED OPINION with no receipts. Do you know everyone in the UK and the US to know which song they prefer?

I just supplied daily VEVO streams. Justin's songs feature him as the primary artist on 8/10 tracks. Drake? 4/10. Streaming is the new radio / TRL. Weren't Britney's fans consistently voting her videos #1 on countdowns? How is it any different from what Justin's fans do? That's also how Fifth Harmony wins all those radio polls on Twitter.

How can Drake be "bigger" in the UK and the US if Justin has more #1 singles than him in both markets? How can Drake be bigger in the UK if he can't even sell out a single tour date in the country while having a "massive hit" Hotline Bling, while Justin can with ease?

Why are you bringing up Eminem, Ed Sheeran, etc.? Stop hiding behind other artists that have nothing to do with the discussion. This is about Justin and Drake.

Also what "gimmicks" does Bieber have? A blond pop boy? In that case, Britney is the biggest gimmick of all time. What about Justin Timberlake? Gaga hew?

One Dance? #1 for 10 weeks that's great. Let's look at the Spotify WW charts since, "no video" right?

IMG_6964cc8ee.jpg

Look at who's at #1 sweetie. It's not Drake! Or Bruno!

One Dance gets 1 billion streams WW daily. Sorry gets 921 million. That's the only edge Drake has on Bieber, and it's still close.

"Drake is bigger in the US and the UK"

US daily chart http://kworb.net/spotify/country/us_daily.html

UK daily chart

http://kworb.net/spotify/country/gb_daily.html

Also, the live iTunes chart.

http://kworb.net/pop/

Justin has two songs steady in the Top 10. He's helping to push Despacito to a bigger peak because if nobody was here for Justin, the remix wouldn't be #1.  Drake? N/A, bleeding red and dropping.

18 hours ago, button said:

Exactly. Taylor fans sometimes can be annoying. If she was that global why isn't she doing well in Europe? Or Russia or the Middle East?

4 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

What the **** are you talking about? You're basing your points on your own BIASED OPINION with no receipts. Do you know everyone in the UK and the US to know which song they prefer?

I just supplied daily VEVO streams. Justin's songs feature him as the primary artist on 8/10 tracks. Drake? 4/10. Streaming is the new radio / TRL. Weren't Britney's fans consistently voting her videos #1 on countdowns? How is it any different from what Justin's fans do? That's also how Fifth Harmony wins all those radio polls on Twitter.

How can Drake be "bigger" in the UK and the US if Justin has more #1 singles than him in both markets? How can Drake be bigger in the UK if he can't even sell out a single tour date in the country while having a "massive hit" Hotline Bling, while Justin can with ease?

Why are you bringing up Eminem, Ed Sheeran, etc.? Stop hiding behind other artists that have nothing to do with the discussion. This is about Justin and Drake.

Also what "gimmicks" does Bieber have? A blond pop boy? In that case, Britney is the biggest gimmick of all time. What about Justin Timberlake? Gaga hew?

One Dance? #1 for 10 weeks that's great. Let's look at the Spotify WW charts since, "no video" right?

IMG_6964cc8ee.jpg

Look at who's at #1 sweetie. It's not Drake! Or Bruno!

One Dance gets 1 billion streams WW daily. Sorry gets 921 million. That's the only edge Drake has on Bieber, and it's still close.

"Drake is bigger in the US and the UK"

US daily chart http://kworb.net/spotify/country/us_daily.html

UK daily chart

http://kworb.net/spotify/country/gb_daily.html

Also, the live iTunes chart.

http://kworb.net/pop/

Justin has two songs steady in the Top 10. He's helping to push Despacito to a bigger peak because if nobody was here for Justin, the remix wouldn't be #1.  Drake? N/A, bleeding red and dropping.

This isn't my 'biased' opinion, I know hundreds of people in the UK and most put him in front of Justin, never said that's what I'm basing my opinion. Justin's image isn't even blog, when we think of him that's not how most of us see him, don't even mix him with Britney.

What his fans do is 'watch' his stuff when they don't even want to see it. I love it how you ignore most of what I say and focus on the least strong points. Okay, every fanbase does that when their fave's album debuts, but his fans are 24/7 pressing F5 wanting more and more views so that they can alienate people like you. Those songs aren't even his. He jumped on Despacito to become bigger in many countries such as Latin America, he said himself that he wanted to be feautured because he saw the reaction of an entire night club when hearing it, it had almost 1b views before the remix came out and the remix somehow still hasn't managed to get a fifth of the views that the original version has and the non Justin Bieber version is in front of the remix in many countries. Justin benefited the song but also benefited even more FROM the song, he brought it to a different market, but the song was already slaying other markets. As you wanna mention songs which aren't his, let's mention WORK, which despite of how many views it has (either more or less than the songs that Justin Bieber is featured as they will be a hit or already have almost 1 billion views) is more successful than any Justin Bieber song. Close that mouth man, I was talking about how there are several male artists above him, so I am giving examples, Drake IS bigger than him and you will deal. Don't get mouthy to me just because you can't accept that Justin Bieber isn't a phenomenon and that there are MANY artists out there bigger than him (either in sales, fame, recognition), I am not your sweetie either. PLUS even Justin Bieber said this week that Drake was the biggest/best of this generation, so even he would drag you for being so delusional. Also, Justin is only 'getting' those views from feats in which he isn't even the lead, views are very relative, and we all know how Baby managed to get so many views back in the day, I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened with newer videos... Let's get into the gimmicks Justin Bieber used, as you seem to be ignoring them:

- Bundling album with tour tickets.

- Asking fans to request his feats AND posting links with some weird thing where they could write their cities and every radio station from the city would appear and then they would be one click away from 'requesting' 'his' song.

- Paying celebrities to hype up his single, trying to get his first #1 after several failed attempts. There's also a big rumour that his team had several meeting with Billboard in order to know the best ways for a song to go #1 and more, this is extremely believeble to me http://popmusicscandal.com/2016/09/billboard-former-employee-interview-part-2-billboards-unethical-relationship-lady-Gaga-justin-bieber/ , but I won't even use that as it's not certain, I only deal with FACTS.

- Manipulating fans into never stopping to buy his music.

- HIRING people to scream for him:dead:yes scream for him even tho they couldn't care any less about him so that he looked like a star, Wendy Williams exposed him, receipts here 

his part starts at 17:00, tea in 18:10 

Should I keep going, it's embarassing and anyone who needs to fake fame and do stuff like that isn't phenomenon, i mean he wasnt before, his 'success' isnt enough for that, let alone after these:moorangu:

Call me when Justin Bieber debuts with anything near 1m copies and manages to get a #1 song for 10 weeks without a music video, bare in mind his fans won't be able to inflate his views. IDK why you jumped in when my points are SO clear, there are  countries in which Drake is bigger (the most important ones) and countries where Justin Bieber is bigger (more countries), but don't try putting him above Bruno Mars, it's ridiculous, and above Bruno Mars we have Ed Sheeran and many more. My main point is yes, many male artists (let alone female artists) can top him, which someone said he can't be topped. And stop ignoring specific points, there are things which I've said that put you and Justin Bieber back at your places, the others don't need gimmicks or rigged views or fake screamers or to be in somgs just because they're already big and list goes on. End point, I like him and bought his album during debut week to help him as he seemed really pressed for having 1D debuting the same week (joking, I bought it cause some songs were good and at the time I would buy every album with 2/3 good songs:moorangu:). Although I like him, he will never be an icon, he is cool, but he does not have the it factor and if he had Britney's team/motivation, he wouldn't even chart anymore. He has 0 iconic performamces/songs/tour/music videos/outfits. Bottom line, neither is a phenomenon but Justin agrees with me and stated this week that Drake is bigger, even he ain't that delusional.

You are reaching, always coming back with the shameless points: (a lot of fake) views and using other people's songs which Justin is featured in to try and make him happen. On the other hand, there's me here with more facts already written which Exhale didn't allow me to include in the previous post if you come back with your Justin is bigger because his fans are psycho and wanna make him look like the biggest attitude. The gimmicks part is enough for you, I don't know what excuses you'll make for those ones. EXTRA BONUS: Justin's image isn't even blond, he aint no blond pop boy, he's the edm feature man, stop tryna make that happen i know what u tried to mean, when we think of him that's not how most of us see him, as blond, unlike Britney, speaking of her don't even mix him with Britney. The contrast is white and black. For some reason I'm not being allowed to change my post in some types such as blog (blonde) and the Latin America thing, I meant he wanted to become bigger in many countries such as Latin America countries @BoyToySoldier

This isn't my 'biased' opinion, I know hundreds of people in the UK and most put him in front of Justin, never said that's what I'm basing my opinion. Justin's image isn't even blog, when we think of him that's not how most of us see him, don't even mix him with Britney.

You know hundreds of people that have personally told you Drake is bigger than Justin? Even if you did, the UK has a population of 65 million people. A couple hundred isn't a proper comparison rate.

What his fans do is 'watch' his stuff when they don't even want to see it. I love it how you ignore most of what I say and focus on the least strong points. Okay, every fanbase does that when their fave's album debuts, but his fans are 24/7 pressing F5 wanting more and more views so that they can alienate people like you. Those songs aren't even his. He jumped on Despacito to become bigger in many countries such as Latin America, he said himself that he wanted to be feautured because he saw the reaction of an entire night club when hearing it, it had almost 1b views before the remix came out and the remix somehow still hasn't managed to get a fifth of the views that the original version has and the non Justin Bieber version is in front of the remix in many countries. Justin benefited the song but also benefited even more FROM the song, he brought it to a different market, but the song was already slaying other markets. As you wanna mention songs which aren't his, let's mention WORK, which despite of how many views it has (either more or less than the songs that Justin Bieber is featured as they will be a hit or already have almost 1 billion views) is more successful than any Justin Bieber song. Close that mouth man, I was talking about how there are several male artists above him, so I am giving examples, Drake IS bigger than him and you will deal. Don't get mouthy to me just because you can't accept that Justin Bieber isn't a phenomenon and that there are MANY artists out there bigger than him (either in sales, fame, recognition), I am not your sweetie either. PLUS even Justin Bieber said this week that Drake was the biggest/best of this generation, so even he would drag you for being so delusional. Also, Justin is only 'getting' those views from feats in which he isn't even the lead, views are very relative, and we all know how Baby managed to get so many views back in the day, I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened with newer videos...

Why do you care who's watching it and when? Point is, the video is being watched. Why am I even having this discussion with you? You're not giving me any valid claims. So Justin saw an opportunity to jump on a big hit and that's wrong? That's how the industry works henny, opportunities. I didn't compare any other male artist to Bieber except Drake and Bruno Mars so why bring any of them up?

You're bringing up Work, as if Drake is the leading artist behind it. When the song is featured anywhere, it's always Rihanna's hook and it's the same with I'm the One. The hook sells hip hop songs. Not to mention Rihanna herself is a singles FORCE.

You keep saying "DRAKE IS BIGGER" but you're not giving me any receipts to back that claim up. I'm literally giving you industry reported numbers. You're giving me your pressed biased opinions and writing up essays of straight crap.Let's get into the gimmicks Justin Bieber used, as you seem to be ignoring them:

- Bundling album with tour tickets.

- Asking fans to request his feats AND posting links with some weird thing where they could write their cities and every radio station from the city would appear and then they would be one click away from 'requesting' 'his' song.

- Paying celebrities to hype up his single, trying to get his first #1 after several failed attempts. There's also a big rumour that his team had several meeting with Billboard in order to know the best ways for a song to go #1 and more, this is extremely believeble to me http://popmusicscandal.com/2016/09/billboard-former-employee-interview-part-2-billboards-unethical-relationship-lady-Gaga-justin-bieber/ , but I won't even use that as it's not certain, I only deal with FACTS.

- Manipulating fans into never stopping to buy his music.

- HIRING people to scream for him:dead:yes scream for him even tho they couldn't care any less about him so that he looked like a star, Wendy Williams exposed him, receipts here 

his part starts at 17:00, tea in 18:10 

Should I keep going, it's embarassing and anyone who needs to fake fame and do stuff like that isn't phenomenon, i mean he wasnt before, his 'success' isnt enough for that, let alone after these:moorangu:

These aren't gimmicks, they're strategies. Either way, Justin got the #1 and it's in the history. Wow, some pressed fan run pop blog with conspiracy theories and Wendy Williams are amazingly credible receipts! I suppose Wendy was also right about Britney wanting a reality show, wanting to marry Sam and whatever other tabloid she covers on her trashy show.

2 hours ago, Edge Of Leaving said:

Call me when Justin Bieber debuts with anything near 1m copies and manages to get a #1 song for 10 weeks without a music video, bare in mind his fans won't be able to inflate his views. IDK why you jumped in when my points are SO clear, there are  countries in which Drake is bigger (the most important ones) and countries where Justin Bieber is bigger (more countries), but don't try putting him above Bruno Mars, it's ridiculous, and above Bruno Mars we have Ed Sheeran and many more. My main point is yes, many male artists (let alone female artists) can top him, which someone said he can't be topped. And stop ignoring specific points, there are things which I've said that put you and Justin Bieber back at your places, the others don't need gimmicks or rigged views or fake screamers or to be in somgs just because they're already big and list goes on. End point, I like him and bought his album during debut week to help him as he seemed really pressed for having 1D debuting the same week (joking, I bought it cause some songs were good and at the time I would buy every album with 2/3 good songs:moorangu:). Although I like him, he will never be an icon, he is cool, but he does not have the it factor and if he had Britney's team/motivation, he wouldn't even chart anymore. He has 0 iconic performamces/songs/tour/music videos/outfits. Bottom line, neither is a phenomenon but Justin agrees with me and stated this week that Drake is bigger, even he ain't that delusional.

I'm sorry wasn't Drake supposedly bigger in the US and UK? But now that I've proved that wrong you wanna say "Oh Drake is bigger in other countries!", but you just said that the US and UK are the biggest music markets and the ones that matter so why is it suddenly important if Drake sells an extra copy of his overrated music in the Madagascar islands?

You're sitting here just whining and giving me no factual information to back up your claim. And the information you are giving me is irrelevant.

So suddenly him paying random people to cheer for him is gonna send his songs to the top of the charts? It's gonna make him a legend?

I never said Justin was a legend or an icon so you can stop putting words in my mouth. Just log out already and take the L, you have no credibility.

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

You know hundreds of people that have personally told you Drake is bigger than Justin? Even if you did, the UK has a population of 65 million people. A couple hundred isn't a proper comparison rate.

Why do you care who's watching it and when? Point is, the video is being watched. Why am I even having this discussion with you? You're not giving me any valid claims. So Justin saw an opportunity to jump on a big hit and that's wrong? That's how the industry works henny, opportunities. I didn't compare any other male artist to Bieber except Drake and Bruno Mars so why bring any of them up?

You're bringing up Work, as if Drake is the leading artist behind it. When the song is featured anywhere, it's always Rihanna's hook and it's the same with I'm the One. The hook sells hip hop songs. Not to mention Rihanna herself is a singles FORCE.

You keep saying "DRAKE IS BIGGER" but you're not giving me any receipts to back that claim up. I'm literally giving you industry reported numbers. You're giving me your pressed biased opinions and writing up essays of straight crap.Let's get into the gimmicks Justin Bieber used, as you seem to be ignoring them:

These aren't gimmicks, they're strategies. Either way, Justin got the #1 and it's in the history. Wow, some pressed fan run pop blog with conspiracy theories and Wendy Williams are amazingly credible receipts! I suppose Wendy was also right about Britney wanting a reality show, wanting to marry Sam and whatever other tabloid she covers on her trashy show.

I'm sorry wasn't Drake supposedly bigger in the US and UK? But now that I've proved that wrong you wanna say "Oh Drake is bigger in other countries!", but you just said that the US and UK are the biggest music markets and the ones that matter so why is it suddenly important if Drake sells an extra copy of his overrated music in the Madagascar islands?

You're sitting here just whining and giving me no factual information to back up your claim. And the information you are giving me is irrelevant.

So suddenly him paying random people to cheer for him is gonna send his songs to the top of the charts? It's gonna make him a legend?

I never said Justin was a legend or an icon so you can stop putting words in my mouth. Just log out already and take the L, you have no credibility.

I know that hundreds of people aren't the entire population, of course, but when you hear hundreds listening to his songs and not giving a crap about justin bieber you notice that something isn't adding up, that's how I noticed the gp doesn't care about Britney anymore.

I am stating FACTS and you know it damn well, you're bringing up views as if 1million views wasn't $980, which is affordable, what I wanna see Justin Bieber doing is staying #1 at the Billboard Hot 100 for 10 weeks, specially as the lead. We also can't compare views, because One Dance did not have a video and it was bigger in the charts in almost every country in the world than ANYTHING Justin Bieber has ever had. Weird how you've been sat there biasing your oppinion amd backing it up from views from songs that aren't even Justins, you can't complain about something you're doing. But I did it as Justin's feats where he ain't even the lead are what you're basing your opinions at. Let's then forget songs the songs that aren't theirs, the David Guetta feature, Despacito, I'm The One, Cold Water and Let Me Love You can't be used here, and that's where his views come from, so views CANCELLED.

I clearly said that Drake is bigger in the UK and US from the beginning and said it in my last post, are you ******* dumb or you're pretending too because I'm serving the hottest tea you've experienced? My last post got your 'facts' cancelled. That's one thing that I don't like about Exhale, sometimes I see some debates in which it is clear who is right but for some reason, some people just won't admit and will say the most nonsense stuff just to look correct. I'd be better of you to say 'Well, I agree with you here and not there but you're correct', not using ******* views which I've told you that his fans inflate and he's been accused of buying views. He has literally been exposed for buying fake Twitter followers now you tell me that's not a reach... that's a gimmick.

I couldn't care any less about who you're comparing, my point was there are several artists out there can can easily top him WITH OR WITHOUT GIMMICKS, Drake is better, he is. For the third time, JUSTIN BIEBER SAID THIS WEEK THAT DRAKE WAS THE BIGGEST OF THIS GENERATION, EVEN JUSTIN BIEBER KNOWS THAT DRAKE IS BIGGER, HE WILL DRAG YOU IF HE SEES YOU REACHING. Jeez. Drake has a lot more power than Justin Bieber, it is undeniable, why does Justin never collaborate small artists like Britney has been doing for example? Why does he handpick his feats? A phenomenon does not have to worry about that. Good that you've accepted that Bruno Mars is above him. That's a start. Rihanna is a singles force, correct, Drake is a singles and albums force, mister Justin Bieber (aka the edm feat man) is what... a feats force if I'm being nice.:shadelaugh:

Well mate... if you start lying in my face like that then there's no point in us carrying the conversation and getting u pressed. Those are gimmicks, if you don't know what gimmicks are, look it up on the dictionary. Marketing strategies is his team planning where they will take him to perform, what week is the best, what single will make more success, those are strategies, what I mentioned was GIMMICKS, 'an unusual trick intended to attract extra attention, recognition or/and publicity' aka albums with tickets where profit isnt that important but recognition for selling an extra amount of albums. Another example of gimmicks was Gaga letting Amazon sell her albums for $0,99 knowing that her first week sales would benefit A LOT from that, even tho she got paid the same. A strategy, on the other hand, as you mentioned is 'a plan of action designed to achieve a long-term or overall aim' aka usually profit can you see the difference? That should be enough for your slow mind to accept and deal with the gimmicks segment. Next.

Again, stop mixing tomatoes with onions, when Wendy gossiped about Britney, she was talking about what she heard, while when she said that about Justin Bieber it was something that happened with her and he has indeed been there and there were indeed some crazy girls screaming like they were being chased by a murderer. It was not only Wendy, her co host said the same, if it wasn't true Justin would have OBVIOUSLY sued her and gotten 10 easy millions if not more, because that was a humiliation. And of course another gimmick. All of those ARE gimmicks, you know it inside and I am sure that with the amount pf points/receipts that I have provided, even the dumbest person in the world would've gotten it.

You claim these are essays... well I keep innovating with my points while you're stuck there pressed over Justin Bieber being some forgettable singer which was dying out in 2014 already and released many feats and went on other peoples singles and it was flop after flop and had to use tons of gimmicks and have meeting with Billboard (allegedly) to be popular again, let's not get started on what I've said about paying his peers to promote his song and so on, but unline I won't repeat myself  and claim some nonsense bullsh*t which really doesn't tell us anything. Anyone who had been slayed tf out like you've been would've already admitted that they were wrong, but you're still himiliating yourself and even Nicki Minaj 2.0... I will continue to write these 'essays' because there are hundreds of reasons to why Justin Bieber uses gimmicks, why Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Drake, and many more are bigger.

Who said that screamers would make him a legend? No one, exactly, YOU are putting words in my mouth. What they made was him look like a big deal and in some way try to pretend that the man had some star power which he clearly didn't/doesn't/will never have. That makes other people look at him like he's bigger. And to be honest that was one of the saddest gimmicks that he has used, how would you feel having to people there screaming 'for you' knowing they just wanna go home and that the minute you stop paying them they'll disappear? Cheap, tacky gimmicks, but he got exposed for that one and thank god it didn't go viral.

I didn't say that you said he was an icon, let alone a legend, I don't believe that anyone would be THAT delusional to claim something like that, even some pressed fan. I was just stating it, because the main point I've been defending is that he is not a phenomenon and that yes a lot of people can easily top him without gimmicks, which is the only way that he's able to get these hits which we forget the second we walk out of the room, I mean most aren't even his:orangu:I can't believe I'm debating with some pressed thing about Justin Bieber, and him not having a single album which debuted with more sales than Views or even having any song at #1 for as many weeks as One Dance, but not even mentioning the fact Drake hasn't left the Billboard Hot 100 since 2009, girl I'm LAUGHING.

You're also being unfair comparing streams (which btw his fans inflate) when Justin jumps on feats with big/hot artists almost every week, now the thing is asking to be featured on a song after it reached a billion views by itself so he can enjoy other people's success. The streams are coming from 'his feats'.

I do have a lot of credibility, I have even stated rumous but said that I won't use them as they're rumours (although they're certainly true but we haven't got proof), I have passed on to you many facts and receipts, I have supported each and every single one of my points. I won't log out, by the way I love these keyboard warriors:mhmnod:, if you're not okay you'll log out, you can keep coming at me and I'll slay you harder every time, I have facts and facts for you. If you were correct I would've admitted it, but you're not, not even at the slightest. Did you literally tell me to take the L when I have been stating facts and overshining points since the beginning of the debate? If you're tired then leave, you jumped in my mentions so you can leave them as with one post I've posted more facts than u with your 3/4 posts. Only thing I can agree with you is that Justin Bieber is bigger than Drake outside UK and US, read it properly so you don't embarass yourself in your next post, if there's one because I'm humiliating you, but today I do have that much time to spend so I can give you some attention. Bruno Mars is bigger either in the US, US, China, Madagascar, Hawaii, everywhere. Even artists with 20/25 years old careers are outselling him at his peak... Jeez, your situation is bad...

@Edge Of Leaving You aren't bringing up any facts. You're citing tabloids, Wendy Williams and conspiracy blogs as "receipts". Where are your credible sources?

You're writing up paragraphs of bullshit that have no correlation to any of what is being discussed here. I already showed you that Justin's tracks are more popular and have more longevity than Drake's. I've listed boxscores that show Drake never selling out a single date outside the US, while Justin does. Justin's features are getting more streams than Drake's features. HOW CAN DRAKE BE MORE POPULAR WHEN JUSTIN HAS BIGGER DEMAND? Justin also has a better resume when it comes to sales.

IMG_6968891f0.jpg

IMG_69690daf9.jpg

Look at these WW reported sales from last year.

Justin: 46.4 million (with 5 albums)

Drake: 48.8 million (with 7 albums)

Let's take into account that if Justin's next album sells as well as Purpose has, he's predicted to hit over 55 million.

If we don't count singles or streams and just albums, Drake sits at 14.3 million while Justin has 20.5 million. So Justin, with 2 less studio albums has outsold Drake with 6.2 million units. And that's WITHOUT counting Justin's My World and Believe re-releases. If we include those, Justin has 25.5 million total with an 11.2 million lead over Drake with less albums out.

I'll be waiting for your "MY FRIENDS IN THE UK LISTEN TO DRAKES ALBUM MORE SO HES OBV MORE POPULAR" claim again. :queenriri:

Archived