Why hasn't female top stars after Britney competed Britney's peak/prime?

KatLove

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t know... but Jesus Christ, Britney was indeed extremely famous during her prime and absolutely everywhere.

I think the only other person to achieve her level of fame was Justin Bieber during his prime; but I would think no females after her.

Gaga indeed came close during the fame + monster; but Gaga wasn’t everywhere and wasn’t extremely famous; I don’t know, maybe I’m biased.

7 hours ago, nthenwkiss said:

I don’t know... but Jesus Christ, Britney was indeed extremely famous during her prime and absolutely everywhere.

I think the only other person to achieve her level of fame was Justin Bieber during his prime; but I would think no females after her.

Gaga indeed came close during the fame + monster; but Gaga wasn’t everywhere and wasn’t extremely famous; I don’t know, maybe I’m biased.

Are you joking? gaga was everywhere... 

54 minutes ago, Gagabritxxx said:

Not a Britney.. 

britneys every move, personal life, performances, appearances, records, gossip, rumours, face, even dolls were everywhere. She was most searched/talked/photographed human being lol..

and even Gaga was huge Britneys level of fame was other and much longer..

The type of exposure Britney had was the last of its kind. It nearly destroyed her. The 2000s were a heavily manufacture time. It’s the reason Kpop will never dominate in America. The music world has really transitioned into a more vulnerable and honest business. A lot of stars control their own narratives because of social media and mental health is widely accepted. Every girl you see has talked or suffered some type of it. I think looks are obviously important but the biggest focus. It’s more about the overall brand. Constantly looking perfect isn’t easy lol. The only girl who is beyond gorgeous and takes the time, all the time is Kylie Jenner. She’s not a pop star though but if she danced and made bops on top of her massive brand already, I’m sure she would be pretty close. In the actual music scene Taylor Swift is the closest thing out of all the girls. I mean her album sales are massive for 2020 and no one is coming close to matching hers. She’s so successful because she writes her own music and she’s a damn good lyricist. More importantly she never loses her power. Even when she gets bad press, she uses it and puts it into good music instead of trying to fight it. It’s like all the girls these days have a piece of Britney’s success. Ari sells that clean but sassy **** girl vibe. Very BOMTney. Selena has charisma and a soft voice like her. Her public relationship was pretty big as well. Miley doesn’t dance but she knows how to create controversy and honestly has the last iconic VMA performance from 2013. Demi has nothing in common. Second runner up after Taylor is definitely Lady Gaga. She sings, dances, serves looks, has many iconic moments, blew up instantly, and really changed the pop landscape. A lot of the other girls were influenced by her like Nicki and Kesha. Her prime wasn’t long because she did so much so fast but the impact was real. She deserves a spot in the royalty court. I just don’t know what lol. Like a very lower title. If we’re going back to just looks Rihanna comes closest. She’s gorgeous and can rock anything. Rihanna feels more like a Madonna in my opinion but she’s missing controversy and iconic performances. Last but not least Katy. Katy knows how to generate commercial success. She clearly had a very specific plan with TD. Pure pop but her biggest enemy is herself. TD was a fantasy and although people fell in love with it, they never got to know her on any level and when she tried new music it bombed. Short lived and sad. I think she’s actually a talented writer but she doesn’t know how to chill and be vulnerable. It’s all formulated to the highest degree. Smile era reminds me of Circus because it’s a reversion of her classic sound and came after an experimental era with a public breakdown. The Circus theme just puts the cherry on top. Britney is strong af because the one thing all these girls have in common again are their mental health issues. Britney stayed on top longer and worked harder during a time where the media controlled you and mental health was not cared about. It takes a toll on you and fortunately things are different nowadays. Also it’s not common to be that gorgeous, sing, dance, be controversial, ect. Britney had it all and worked her butt off. I know it’s also biased but her music catalogue is also pretty flawless. They don’t come everyday and that’s why there’s only three.

2 hours ago, Gagabritxxx said:

Gaga’s face was not in the cover of kids notebooks in third world countries were there was no electricity but there was Britney merch... BOMT and OIDIA literally reached every corner of the world and her face is recognized all over the world.

I grew up in a third world country, in a somewhat remote town and kids would have fights during recess over who gets to be Britney’s boyfriend.

I live in the US now but I sometimes visit my hometown and there are still posters of Britney’s ads for Pepsi from back in the day. I know Lady Gaga was a world wide phenomenon but she did not have the level of reach Britney did. - Britney is known by farmers in remote areas of the world...

• 2 months later...
On 8/30/2020 at 6:53 PM, nthenwkiss said:

Gaga’s face was not in the cover of kids notebooks in third world countries were there was no electricity but there was Britney merch... BOMT and OIDIA literally reached every corner of the world and her face is recognized all over the world.

I grew up in a third world country, in a somewhat remote town and kids would have fights during recess over who gets to be Britney’s boyfriend.

I live in the US now but I sometimes visit my hometown and there are still posters of Britney’s ads for Pepsi from back in the day. I know Lady Gaga was a world wide phenomenon but she did not have the level of reach Britney did. - Britney is known by farmers in remote areas of the world...

:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

On 8/30/2020 at 3:21 PM, TakeYourHand said:

The type of exposure Britney had was the last of its kind. It nearly destroyed her. The 2000s were a heavily manufacture time. It’s the reason Kpop will never dominate in America. The music world has really transitioned into a more vulnerable and honest business. A lot of stars control their own narratives because of social media and mental health is widely accepted. Every girl you see has talked or suffered some type of it. I think looks are obviously important but the biggest focus. It’s more about the overall brand. Constantly looking perfect isn’t easy lol. The only girl who is beyond gorgeous and takes the time, all the time is Kylie Jenner. She’s not a pop star though but if she danced and made bops on top of her massive brand already, I’m sure she would be pretty close. In the actual music scene Taylor Swift is the closest thing out of all the girls. I mean her album sales are massive for 2020 and no one is coming close to matching hers. She’s so successful because she writes her own music and she’s a damn good lyricist. More importantly she never loses her power. Even when she gets bad press, she uses it and puts it into good music instead of trying to fight it. It’s like all the girls these days have a piece of Britney’s success. Ari sells that clean but sassy **** girl vibe. Very BOMTney. Selena has charisma and a soft voice like her. Her public relationship was pretty big as well. Miley doesn’t dance but she knows how to create controversy and honestly has the last iconic VMA performance from 2013. Demi has nothing in common. Second runner up after Taylor is definitely Lady Gaga. She sings, dances, serves looks, has many iconic moments, blew up instantly, and really changed the pop landscape. A lot of the other girls were influenced by her like Nicki and Kesha. Her prime wasn’t long because she did so much so fast but the impact was real. She deserves a spot in the royalty court. I just don’t know what lol. Like a very lower title. If we’re going back to just looks Rihanna comes closest. She’s gorgeous and can rock anything. Rihanna feels more like a Madonna in my opinion but she’s missing controversy and iconic performances. Last but not least Katy. Katy knows how to generate commercial success. She clearly had a very specific plan with TD. Pure pop but her biggest enemy is herself. TD was a fantasy and although people fell in love with it, they never got to know her on any level and when she tried new music it bombed. Short lived and sad. I think she’s actually a talented writer but she doesn’t know how to chill and be vulnerable. It’s all formulated to the highest degree. Smile era reminds me of Circus because it’s a reversion of her classic sound and came after an experimental era with a public breakdown. The Circus theme just puts the cherry on top. Britney is strong af because the one thing all these girls have in common again are their mental health issues. Britney stayed on top longer and worked harder during a time where the media controlled you and mental health was not cared about. It takes a toll on you and fortunately things are different nowadays. Also it’s not common to be that gorgeous, sing, dance, be controversial, ect. Britney had it all and worked her butt off. I know it’s also biased but her music catalogue is also pretty flawless. They don’t come everyday and that’s why there’s only three.

Amén :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

On 6/28/2017 at 10:34 AM, BoyToySoldier said:

I agree with the sales bit but there is a difference in the media attention. With Britney and Taylor, it was about personal topics and their love lives. With Gaga, it was about whatever fugly costume she'd wear on the red carpet or about hanging herself on stage "for the fame". It was purely gimmick oriented, which explains the mass decline as people got bored. "Eh, a wannabe Madonna with added shock value?" Lady Gaga itself was indirectly marketed and seen as more of a product than Britney ever was. Nobody really cared about "Stefani" other than the hardcore stans, vs Britney having her virginity and feelings plastered on the front page of every supermarket tabloid. This is why her recent gigs like that The Sound of Music tribute and songs like Million Reasons are getting well received, regardless of her dwindling album sales. Because the GP is seeing an artist that is more authentic and are responding well to it.

Gaga was a gimmick and it worked some. She struggles now without them. But she didn't come close to Britney's fame, success, money, or sales, it's funny anyone can even say or think that. People clearly too young or not paying much attention.

2 hours ago, Kevney said:

Gaga was a gimmick and it worked some. She struggles now without them. But she didn't come close to Britney's fame, success, money, or sales, it's funny anyone can even say or think that. People clearly too young or not paying much attention.

People also love to discredit and downplay Britneys fame, success, sales, impact and influence. There are so many other pop girls stans who are pressed about Britney, hate her and lie about their faves to make them look bigger than Britney. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/28/2017 at 9:44 AM, GirlOnTheMoon said:

I remember street vendors back in my home country selling Britney posters, Britney CDs, and these were people with no internet (back then not everyone had internet), her music wqs played EVERYWHERE and everyone wanted to dress like her.

I'm commenting like 4 years later but this statement about people wanting to dress like Britney is so true. We don't have pop stars that influence fashion and culture like that anymore. Britney practically started the bare midriff and ripped jeans look and everyone was walking around dressed like that. I'd almost say it seems pop stars are more influenced by pop culture than being the influencers. A lot of what they wear seems to be what everyone else is already wearing. I can't think of the last time I saw someone walking down the street and thought, "oh they're trying to dress like Beyonce or Gaga or anyone." When Ariana was rocking that long, high pony, sweatshirt as a dress, and tall boots I would see maybe a few kids on social rocking the look but nothing like when Britney was influencing fashion... I'm also not in school anymore so maybe it is something that's still going on but I'm just too far removed. 

I think the biggest problem nowadays is the amount of famous people. There is so many successful stars, even superstars, its not that special anymore.

It is only logical, never have there been more people on our planet, nor have there even been an easier way to get famous (social media, reality shows...). 

Back in the 00s, stars were somewhat more special, there was less of them and that builded the momentum. 

Archived