Brit is in a weird career phase

Black_Out

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If she wanted to be relevant again, have another hit, she would go with Max Martin. She definitely wants to go to another direction.

She seems kinda lost, I don't know how to say it, like disconnected from the music industry, with Glory she followed that Selena Gomez trend, Justin Bieber-ish, etc, and didn't think that by the time the album finally came out, that sound would be already dated. She's just focusing on want she wants to do, and I think that's fine. What I don't think it's fine is that she just releases those amazing songs, but no more than two videoclips, and no live performances. And I'm not talking about promo performances, but just include the new songs on her shows. FF had an almost decent amount of songs performed on the FFT, but if we think about Circus, BJ, Glory, there are over 30 songs that have never been, and most likely, will never be performed, will never have a videoclip, and that's just kinda sad as a fan.

Guest Arckangel

On top of all the points made here... Britney's permanently extended 9 yr-long conservatorship may be a hindrance. The c-ship is not just in name; it is a legal state! If rumours are true that she is just being milked for money and her team couldn't care less about Britney, the artist, then I totally understand her reluctance to do her very best (keep studying music, training her voice some more, singing live, releasing more singles, music videos, etc.).

She'd rather just do what's required of her (incl. all the physical training, workout) rather than going out of her way to surpass herself. And is there ANY indication the c-ship may come to an end anytime soon? Not that I know of. It even makes you wonder how genuine are her love relationships.

40 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

On top of all the points made here... Britney's permanently extended 9 yr-long conservatorship may be a hindrance. The c-ship is not just in name; it is a legal state! If rumours are true that she is just being milked for money and her team couldn't care less about Britney, the artist, then I totally understand her reluctance to do her very best (keep studying music, training her voice some more, singing live, releasing more singles, music videos, etc.).

She'd rather just do what's required of her (incl. all the physical training, workout) rather than going out of her way to surpass herself. And is there ANY indication the c-ship may come to an end anytime soon? Not that I know of. It even makes you wonder how genuine are her love relationships.

Where I do understand that she is still under a convservatorship, I have a hard time believing that she hasn't adapted to it after so many years. None of us know the restraints, but it does appear to be more financial at this point. The reason I say "adapt" is simply because, she serves, but only when she feels like it. Fans claim they can tell shes bored with Vegas. She can only lay low for so long, and Vegas has turned into "Groundhogs Day." I think she wants more attention and success now more than ever, but it can't be on a half *** basis. 

9 hours ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

The problems are poor marketing, management, and promotion. Britney never got radio support sans the Femme Fatale era. Lesser stars get radio deals and JT is on RCA but he always has a radio deal for a week. They need to get her stuff at the top of Spotify playlists, film commercials with the songs/promoting the album, do exclusive Target bonus tracks, and release singles and videos properly. They still haven't managed to release the video and song on the same day. How is it that difficult for them to do? You can make the best music ever but as a pop star you have to let people know that the product is out there. IF they all do the work then they will see results but they want to coast off of her name and past legacy. That is dumb if they actually want her career to continue. Britney's first week single sales were good especially for this climate look at Malibu, Chained to the Rhythm, Bad Liar, etc. She needs to revamp into an album artist again with strong visuals and performances with an ARTISTIC VISION but that's for another discussion. You can tell that she doesn't have a creative director because they recycle the same stuff over and over again. They also need to stop wasting time and money getting collabs that don't benefit Britney. I don't want any collabs at all again because they continue to go for people who aren't that popular or fallen celebrities like Iggy. That doesn't help Britney get streams or airplay which she needs to chart higher. She would do better making her own stuff and promoting it. They didn't even send Slumber Party to urban radio and Tinashe would've promoted it and done the radio rounds. There's no point in releasing an album with two singles spaced months apart. An era needs 4 singles minimum and there's no excuse for less not at this stage in the game. 

Yeah- and if er team just gets w the times a little and just focuses on the main reason she's here (music/videos) they don't even need to have Britney be in every video or spend 3 million on just one. With social media and apps promo has never been easier, it's just about he you present it

i do think they all wanted Glory to have a decent run but **** hit the fan :/ 

5 hours ago, Black_Out said:

Where I do understand that she is still under a convservatorship, I have a hard time believing that she hasn't adapted to it after so many years. None of us know the restraints, but it does appear to be more financial at this point. The reason I say "adapt" is simply because, she serves, but only when she feels like it. Fans claim they can tell shes bored with Vegas. She can only lay low for so long, and Vegas has turned into "Groundhogs Day." I think she wants more attention and success now more than ever, but it can't be on a half *** basis. 

The concept of a conservatorship is like putting someone in an invisible cage. I don't think anyone in this world would like to be watched and controlled over; let alone for long years. I can understand the application of conservatorship at the beginning but to extend for long years? It's crazy.  If you say that, oh maybe it's because she's still not stable then it's best to just let Britney to retire instead of miking her brand for money. To be frank, this whole conservatorship in a way reminds me of the Jackson family milking Michael Jackson.

Vegas ending is a good step. While I enjoy the fact that Vegas kept Britney performing regularly, I think it was a pretty... odd... career move. 

While this forum brags about the vegas box office (which hasn't even been selling out for a while now), I feel like a lot of you don't realize.... what Vegas is??? Like she has sold out shows, yes, great, fantastic, but it's not like these are pop music fans or any indication of relevancy. Vegas is a revolving door of drunk, gambling tourists. A seat to the show isn't expensive. I think people seeing Britney while they're in vegas outweighs the number of people who went to Vegas to see Britney. Going to piece of me was bizarre because it was maybe 30% hardcore Britney fans and then the rest just random vacationers, old people, drunk sleazes and random rich people and high rollers at VIP tables. The energy was highest during old tracks and dead during more recent material. I am so ready for her to get OUT of there. :donewithit:

She isn't in a weird phase of her career at all. History repeats itself in Hollywood, she is older, the younger fresh queens are taking her place. It happens to all pop stars, look at Madonna, Mariah, all the ones before them, like Judy Garland. They are pushed aside and although they will have amazing sales with tours and will be considered legends, they will no longer be relevant on the charts or media. This isn't even a bash at Britney either so anyone ready to down vote me can you please not. Thanks. :forkit:

7 hours ago, Black_Out said:

I can't and wont try too understand this. If I had a career and decided not to put in my best work, I would be fired. Do you know how many single moms in the world have too work more than Britney and see even less of their children? They would be fired. Britney should take her career a lot more serious as she does being a Mom. She should be setting an example for her kids who are going to work one day. She has plenty of money so thats just BS. If she isn't passionate then she needs to find something she is passionate about and do it. We all have to work somehow or someway but saying its ok to consistently deliver bad is not ok. Not for Britney, not for anyone. One more thing. The world has moved on from 2007. She slipped. It happens. She may be the one who hasn't gotten over that time, but if thats the case then she needs to do something else. That was a decade ago.

I understand what your saying, the only 'little' different thing is that Britney is a worldwide popstar with an important image. She has million followers, the media, and has to pretend like she is some kind of *** symbol, to be someone that she's clearly not. She's just a very simple shy southern girl and could handle the pressure, because it was her passion. Until the media and the public eye started to be  against her, and divorced kevin after she got two kids. She went through hell because all of this in 2007, it ******* almost killed her.  She's now afraid of the public eye,  the passion is gone. She's just that shy little southern girl who now is afraid to be in the spotlight, it makes her feel awkward. She doesn't want to and she doesnt need the money. She's just releasing music once in a while, post **** pictures once in a while on instagram, just so she can show off proudly her ripped body and to make her fans happy. She's not gonna promote like she used to do in the beginning of her career, simply because she just doesn't care and don't wanna play this fake game anymore: its not her passion anymore. And just like you said, she has enough money. And Britney's team knows that, so she never will be like she used to be. 

Oh and btw, this is just my theory. 

2 hours ago, JKW said:

I understand what your saying, the only 'little' different thing is that Britney is a worldwide popstar with an important image. She has million followers, the media, and has to pretend like she is some kind of *** symbol, to be someone that she's clearly not. She's just a very simple shy southern girl and could handle the pressure, because it was her passion. Until the media and the public eye started to be  against her, and divorced kevin after she got two kids. She went through hell because all of this in 2007, it ******* almost killed her.  She's now afraid of the public eye,  the passion is gone. She's just that shy little southern girl who now is afraid to be in the spotlight, it makes her feel awkward. She doesn't want to and she doesnt need the money. She's just releasing music once in a while, post **** pictures once in a while on instagram, just so she can show off proudly her ripped body and to make her fans happy. She's not gonna promote like she used to do in the beginning of her career, simply because she just doesn't care and don't wanna play this fake game anymore: its not her passion anymore. And just like you said, she has enough money. And Britney's team knows that, so she never will be like she used to be. 

Oh and btw, this is just my theory. 

I agree, and at this point she just wants to be a good mom to her kids.

I think she feels awkward to be a "*** symbol" especially her kids are big now and they have access to the internet and stuff. 

Guest Arckangel
4 hours ago, Captain Britney said:

I think she feels awkward to be a "*** symbol" especially her kids are big now and they have access to the internet and stuff. 

That's definitely NOT a problem for Madonna.

7 hours ago, Jay83 said:

The concept of a conservatorship is like putting someone in an invisible cage. I don't think anyone in this world would like to be watched and controlled over; let alone for long years. I can understand the application of conservatorship at the beginning but to extend for long years? It's crazy.  If you say that, oh maybe it's because she's still not stable then it's best to just let Britney to retire instead of miking her brand for money. To be frank, this whole conservatorship in a way reminds me of the Jackson family milking Michael Jackson.

This! IF Britney is still so gravely disabled or unstable, then  why keep milking her for money? If not, then why (il)legally keep her on such a tight leash? If mentally stable, both the personal and financial c-ships need to end. The only reason to maintain her in a c-ship at this point (9 yrs down the road) would be severe mental illness. She definitely has enough money to live on her own, employ assistants, financial advisers, and even therapists/doctors if needs be. She could do all that off c-ship, so she's either truly gravely disabled/deeply unstable or the c-ship is corrupt. Maybe she has become complacent and won't fight it?

8 hours ago, Derrick said:

She isn't in a weird phase of her career at all. History repeats itself in Hollywood, she is older, the younger fresh queens are taking her place. It happens to all pop stars, look at Madonna, Mariah, all the ones before them, like Judy Garland. They are pushed aside and although they will have amazing sales with tours and will be considered legends, they will no longer be relevant on the charts or media. This isn't even a bash at Britney either so anyone ready to down vote me can you please not. Thanks. :forkit:

You have a nice point, but Britney is still only 35. Madonna scored big at age 39/40 w/ Ray of Light (1998): 4 Grammy Awards, 6 MTV Moonmen, 16 million+ copies of Ray of Light sold worldwide. The following album, Music (2000), sold 15 million+ copies worldwide and won 1 Grammy Award; GHV2 (2001), a greatest hits album, sold over 7 million copies worldwide; American Life (2003), 5 million+ copies worldwide. Madonna once again scored big w/ Confessions on a Dance Floor (2005): 12 million+ copies worldwide, and Madonna turned 47 that year.

I'd say Confessions on a Dance Floor  was Madonna's last big era in terms of album sales (even after US radios limited or cancelled her airplay altogether in 2003). From then, album sales truly started dropping: Hard Candy (2008), 4 million; Celebration (2009 greatest hits), 4 million; MDNA (2012), 2 million; Rebel Heart (2015), 1,2 million.

It's true that albums sell less nowadays, but I'd say Britney is still young enough to truly be hip again (she'll turn 47 in 12 years), but she'd need to get out of that c-ship (the mental health stigma still exists, believe me), truly be free to associate w/ the acts she wants, perform wherever and whenever she wants, and blow the general public away w/ true artistry (live singing, deeper Original Doll/Chaotic type of lyrics, etc.). She's just as young as Beyoncé!

5 hours ago, Captain Britney said:

I can't buy that after Slumber Party. Crawling on a table, licking milk and having ****** 'intimacy' with Tinashe on screen. It only shows that she still wants to be a *** symbol and doesn't mind being one.

44 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

This! IF Britney is still so gravely disabled or unstable, then  why keep milking her for money? If not, then why (il)legally keep her on such a tight leash? If mentally stable, both the personal and financial c-ships need to end. The only reason to maintain her in a c-ship at this point (9 yrs down the road) would be severe mental illness. She definitely has enough money to live on her own, employ assistants, financial advisers, and even therapists/doctors if needs be. She could do all that off c-ship, so she's either truly gravely disabled/deeply unstable or the c-ship is corrupt. Maybe she has become complacent and won't fight it?

You have a nice point, but Britney is still only 35. Madonna scored big at age 39/40 w/ Ray of Light (1998): 4 Grammy Awards, 6 MTV Moonmen, 16 million+ copies of Ray of Light sold worldwide. The following album, Music (2000), sold 15 million+ copies worldwide and won 1 Grammy Award; GHV2 (2001), a greatest hits album, sold over 7 million copies worldwide; American Life (2003), 5 million+ copies worldwide. Madonna once again scored big w/ Confessions on a Dance Floor (2005): 12 million+ copies worldwide, and Madonna turned 47 that year.

I'd say Confessions on a Dance Floor  was Madonna's last big era in terms of album sales (even after US radios limited or cancelled her airplay altogether in 2003). From then, album sales truly started dropping: Hard Candy (2008), 4 million; Celebration (2009 greatest hits), 4 million; MDNA (2012), 2 million; Rebel Heart (2015), 1,2 million.

It's true that albums sell less nowadays, but I'd say Britney is still young enough to truly be hip again (she'll turn 47 in 12 years), but she'd need to get out of that c-ship (the mental health stigma still exists, believe me), truly be free to associate w/ the acts she wants, perform wherever and whenever she wants, and blow the general public away w/ true artistry (live singing, deeper Original Doll/Chaotic type of lyrics, etc.). She's just as young as Beyoncé!

I just don't think Britney cares enough about her career to have a ray of light, she and her team don't have enough energy or passion to bring to the table

15 hours ago, Black_Out said:

"YOU" want her to have more attention and success

Britney not an attention *****, nor is she obsessed with being on top

Britney loves it in Vegas

7 hours ago, Captain Britney said:

No, Britney still likes to be ****, maybe just not all the time

2 hours ago, Arckangel said:

Madonna loves fame and attention to the point of desperation as we can see nowadays and throughout her career

Britney is Britney and will continue doing what she wants

2 hours ago, Arckangel said:

Britney is no Madonna.

Archived