Brit is in a weird career phase

Black_Out

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

This! I think  stop with the fragrances and underwear and whatever music she decides to do has to be presented professionally. And remind people what made you famous! Like I love her insta but show off this "baby" on there! I just want to see her trying new things and be excited for her career again. If she's gonna do something (dancing, singing, acting) do it 110% cause there's a lot of dope singers who'd gladly take that spot

See thats the thing. The public has caught onto her laziness and dont care. If she doesnt show interest then dont do it. Being relevant isnt a hard formula. Especially with good music. Beyonce barely promotes but she does a few huge award shows and SLAYS the **** out of people. I agree with you. Tbh The Today show and GMA seem like a newer artist thing. Billboard last year with the release of a new single would have slayed. Surprise drop of the album the same night with a world premiere of the original video right after the show...can you imagine how massive Glory would have been?

1 minute ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

The problems are poor marketing, management, and promotion. Britney never got radio support sans the Femme Fatale era. Lesser stars get radio deals and JT is on RCA but he always has a radio deal for a week. They need to get her stuff at the top of Spotify playlists, film commercials with the songs/promoting the album, do exclusive Target bonus tracks, and release singles and videos properly. They still haven't managed to release the video and song on the same day. How is it that difficult for them to do? You can make the best music ever but as a pop star you have to let people know that the product is out there. IF they all do the work then they will see results but they want to coast off of her name and past legacy. That is dumb if they actually want her career to continue. Britney's first week single sales were good especially for this climate look at Malibu, Chained to the Rhythm, Bad Liar, etc. She needs to revamp into an album artist again with strong visuals and performances with an ARTISTIC VISION but that's for another discussion. You can tell that she doesn't have a creative director because they recycle the same stuff over and over again. They also need to stop wasting time and money getting collabs that don't benefit Britney. I don't want any collabs at all again because they continue to go for people who aren't that popular or fallen celebrities like Iggy. That doesn't help Britney get streams or airplay which she needs to chart higher. She would do better making her own stuff and promoting it. They didn't even send Slumber Party to urban radio and Tinashe would've promoted it and done the radio rounds. There's no point in releasing an album with two singles spaced months apart. An era needs 4 singles minimum and there's no excuse for less not at this stage in the game. 

Unfortunately collabs are really in but I agree with you.

The fact she is not out there at all is alarming. Like Rihanna is in movies, has lines, goes to events, releases music often. She always has her name out there for exposure in some way.

Britney hasn't even been on a magazine in  a year. It's truly alarming. 

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

The fact she is not out there at all is alarming. Like Rihanna is in movies, has lines, goes to events, releases music often. She always has her name out there for exposure in some way.

Exactly. It doesn't even take much of anything on her part to keep her name out there. I remember seeing commercials for  1989, Joanne, Revival, and a couple of other albums constantly. She really should follow more of the Rihanna blueprint. There are so many opportunities out there and she would still have enough time to vacation and relax. 

3 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

Exactly. It doesn't even take much of anything on her part to keep her name out there. I remember seeing commercials for  1989, Joanne, Revival, and a couple of other albums constantly. She really should follow more of the Rihanna blueprint. There are so many opportunities out there and she would still have enough time to vacation and relax. 

I just saw a commercial promo on live tv and YouTube ads for Paramore. If they can afford it, team Britney sure can 

3 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

An interesting point is that before the disaster of Glory came out we had that awesome Billboard performance and **** on POINT V Mag cover, not to mention she was slaying POM. It seemed she was back to her true form. She even said she cares and is aware of the numbers yet she doesnt do anything! Thats why im so on the fence. I can feel a successful era at the tip of my tongue stronger than ever after all these years but like most of us try not to get my hopes up. 

1 minute ago, Black_Out said:

An interesting point is that before the disaster of Glory came out we had that awesome Billboard performance and **** on POINT V Mag cover, not to mention she was slaying POM. It seemed she was back to her true form. She even said she cares and is aware of the numbers yet she doesnt do anything! Thats why im so on the fence. I can feel a successful era at the tip of my tongue stronger than ever after all these years but like most of us try not to get my hopes up. 

Honestly sometimes I feel like Britney and her team just want to self sabotage. 

They do good promo when nothing is out but when the album comes its tragic ideas all around. 

Same happened before bj they did magazines and Glee getting her name out there but you know how BJ went...

Now it seems like they aren't trying at all... nothing to get her name out there. The Asia tour helps in Asia but how about her huge markets? 

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

Honestly sometimes I feel like Britney and her team just want to self sabotage. 

They do good promo when nothing is out but when the album comes its tragic ideas all around. 

Same happened before bj they did magazines and Glee getting her name out there but you know how BJ went...

Now it seems like they aren't trying at all... nothing to get her name out there. The Asia tour helps in Asia but how about her huge markets? 

Why sing your own material live when you can sing YOK? Why perform new music from glory when theres Missy Elliot? Who knows but im more than ok with Asia because she hasnt been international in years. Its not like promo for Glory in the major markets matter now and a rerelease would be dumb because those are typically done due to high demands and sales of the original project.

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
1 hour ago, Black_Out said:

She REALLY needs to focus on her image now more than ever because she still has time to stay in the game. Why drag your career out? Just slay. Its not hard. Start posting **** and edgy IG pics.

But she doesn't care :ponderney:

3 minutes ago, Black_Out said:

Why sing your own material live when you can sing YOK? Why perform new music from glory when theres Missy Elliot? Who knows but im more than ok with Asia because she hasnt been international in years. Its not like promo for Glory in the major markets matter now and a rerelease would be dumb because those are typically done due to high demands and sales of the original project.

I'm happy for them. I just hope she doesn't disappoint. Other countries are harsher on lipping than the US. Idk what Asia is like but I know Australia will say something.

I hope she does at least one new Glory song

Yesterday I was talking to my friends about Britney and they said she's over...... I think she doesn't have the coolest status right now because she always does pop which is great, but maybe experiencing with another genre of music would be better for her :tbh:

43 minutes ago, Via Infinito said:

honestly I'm fine with her going niche like Lana

about 60 million fans devoted to her 

SHE JUST NEEDS TO ******* PRESENT HER WORK PROPERLY AND THAT MEANS 4 SINGLES WITH 4 NICE MUSIC VIDEOS

and show us her creative process, visions, letters, musical ideas, lyrics, photoshoots, artworks, her paintings

right now she shows us zero interest in her musical career, just gym and pretty dresses and her sons.

i don't even wanna see promo that much, just one or two big performances are fine. 

all she did with BJ and Glory was putting it out, ignoring them, and then play Adele and Beyonce music on her insta

How is performing at the VMAs "ignoring" glory? That's a MAJOR performance. She promoted it enough. It just didn't catch on with the GP and that's beyond her control. 

3 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

But she doesn't care :ponderney:

If she didnt care Glory would have sounded like a BJ sequel. Her stage presence is also so much better. Her videos are better. Shes aware of numbers. Shes even touring the world. I think she does care and needs a real team who wont say yes all the time.

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
13 minutes ago, Black_Out said:

If she didnt care Glory would have sounded like a BJ sequel. Her stage presence is also so much better. Her videos are better. Shes aware of numbers. Shes even touring the world. I think she does care and needs a real team who wont say yes all the time.

She said she couldn't make the music she wanted because of the c-ship...they definitely don't say yes all the time

A real artist makes his own decisions though, you don't want her to be a puppet...

5 minutes ago, BritneyRocksMe said:

How is performing at the VMAs "ignoring" glory? That's a MAJOR performance. She promoted it enough. It just didn't catch on with the GP and that's beyond her control. 

The gp didnt take on because shes not out there enough, but most importantly a great performance gets the song talked about. Beyonce slayed and im not even a huge fan. Stop blaming her on Brits lackluster performance with two tacky dancers, obvious lip syncing, horrible wardrobe and Eazy being live. Its very unprofessional and people expect way more from her at the vmas. That damn commercial had me HYPE!

6 minutes ago, Black_Out said:

She needs a team who lets her have a real say on the matter. Look at her face back in 2011/2013 eras and tell me if she wanted to be there.

30 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

Britney will do what Britney wants to do

As long as she continue to make great bodies of music

2 minutes ago, Applejack said:

She needs a team who lets her have a real say on the matter. Look at her face back in 2011/2013 eras and tell me if she wanted to be there.

Oh hell no but the material was great. She probably wasnt invested during the Circus era but she looked better. I think 2011 was due to personal issues.

Archived