Did Ellen just shade Britney?

burns

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

idk it does sound kinda shady bc she laughed afterwards and why would she refer to pregnant britney now? 10 years after the fact? IMO it sounds like she's saying if someone as dumb as britney can be pregnant then anyone can do it. idk maybe i'm reaching but it was a weird joke 

4 hours ago, GypsyWoman said:

It's funny shade, but to be honest, can you blame her for making fun of Britney?

I mean, Britney doesn't necessarily do anything to help change the perception that she's a dumb blonde who doesn't have control over her life. It's sad, but the world almost views Britney as this handicapped pop star.

Because she doesn't care, doesn't know, ect. People will kiss her *** in the end, so it really doesn't matter :snapney:

There is some shady undertone to it tbh. Last I checked, Britney isn't the only hard working mother/pop star so why was she chosen to be the punchline? Better yet, would the audience have had the same reaction had Britney's name been substituted with one of her peers?

5 hours ago, GypsyWoman said:

It's funny shade, but to be honest, can you blame her for making fun of Britney?

I mean, Britney doesn't necessarily do anything to help change the perception that she's a dumb blonde who doesn't have control over her life. It's sad, but the world almost views Britney as this handicapped pop star.

I was honestly thinking this the other day. I mean we don't know the real deal and I'm know Britney's gone through so much and to be where she's at right now is great.

but I do feel like people look at her as this handicapped pop star. Or they patronize her. They respect her for her legacy and what she's done in the past. I know what people are really thinking you can totally tell they're trying to be careful. Watch interviews like Ellen Britney Jean promo or Alan Carr Britney Jean promo. It's like her answers don't make sense and they want to make fun of her but can't because it's like wrong. It's wrong to make fun of someone who's gone through so much. I know she's doing better but even people say things like oh she's doing really good - I watched a review of her billboard music awards performance and someone was like oh she did really good "for Britney" like she used to be the person performers wanted to be like. Now someone is saying the standard Britney brings is like good enough for what Britney can do.

5 hours ago, notacamwhore said:

They have a history. Remember when Ellen unfollowed Britney on Twitter because "Britney" tweeted Ellen when Britney was actually busy performing in concert :orangu:

OMG what????:unbelievableney:

5 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

i used to like her but she got more annoying and hypocritical over the years, i've heard that she's not very nice as a person towards others

Did someone personally tell you that or is it another 'rumour'?

That is 100% shade obviously, it's like 'If someone like BRITNEY can do it who can't' basically. Am I the only one who has heard the zillion rumours that Ellen is actually a massive *****?! Kathy griffin (Ok I know not a great source and I can't stand her) wrote in her book saying Ellen has a nasty streak all of Hollywood knows about and I've been seeing the rumour pop up for years that she is extremely controlling and nasty.

On 5/12/2017 at 5:37 PM, naturalplayboy said:

I was honestly thinking this the other day. I mean we don't know the real deal and I'm know Britney's gone through so much and to be where she's at right now is great.

but I do feel like people look at her as this handicapped pop star. Or they patronize her. They respect her for her legacy and what she's done in the past. I know what people are really thinking you can totally tell they're trying to be careful. Watch interviews like Ellen Britney Jean promo or Alan Carr Britney Jean promo. It's like her answers don't make sense and they want to make fun of her but can't because it's like wrong. It's wrong to make fun of someone who's gone through so much. I know she's doing better but even people say things like oh she's doing really good - I watched a review of her billboard music awards performance and someone was like oh she did really good "for Britney" like she used to be the person performers wanted to be like. Now someone is saying the standard Britney brings is like good enough for what Britney can do.

This

On 5/12/2017 at 4:37 PM, naturalplayboy said:

She is handicapped though. No one else could get away with what she does. I'm a weird way she is one of the most respected celebs I feel. As an artist it's where the guilty pleasure label comes in.

Would everyone on here accept Britney the way she is now if 2007 didn't happen? The answer is no. 

On 5/12/2017 at 10:39 PM, GypsyWoman said:

she is though, i mean she's literally in a conservatorship where legally another person have to make decisions for her life. it's sad but true.

Archived